Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The day mario got lapped...

What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!

ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!

ahh......What player is considered a project.......let me see a player that is projected to learn how to play QB all over again, because he didn't play it in college. The option isn't run in the NFL. Also you must not be a die hard UT fan, because being one, I'm completely sick of people saying Vince won that game all by himself. Oh wait Huff's INT at the 1 yard line didn't make a difference, oh wait the forced fumble on the wr didn't make a difference, oh wait the hussle play and fumble recovery on Bush (the almighty) didn't make a difference, oh wait just about every clutch (and I say clutch, becuase he caught some poorly thrown balls) catch that David Thomas made on every 3rd down play for a first didn't make a difference (just about all his catches were for first), oh wait the 4th and 1 stop that allowed Texas to have a chance to come back and win didn't make a difference.

I have NFL ticket.......I watch Vince EVERY SUNDAY..........Titans defense is playing great............wake UP and WATCH THAT!!!!!!!!!!

Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.

I'm not comparing positions!!!!!!! I'M COMPARING THE FIRST THREE PLAYERS IN 2006 NFL DRAFT. Tell the portland trailblazers if it's a big deal when they compare Sam Bowie to Michael Jordan!!!!!!!!!

well you left out Olajuwon if you are comparing 3 players

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

why can't VY,Bush and Mario be good?

I don't understand the logic that Player X automatically stinks becuase Player Z is good (and viceversa)

I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.

I never asserted that any of them stink. I'm just stating that two have an advantage right now. But it can change. Like I said, it's a marathon.

so why the Trailblazer Sam Bowie talk for not taking Jordan? (BTW Portland had Clyde the Glide already)

Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan. But I admit when my opponent has a talented player.. AND UT would have been beat last year 50- 21 by usc without vince. I have the video tape of the rose bowl. You forget that usc almost put up 40 on the ut defense. and that's with vince controlling the ball.
Vince has beat the giants and the colts in the last two weeks. It's amazing that the titans couldn't do anything right before vince started. But now that vince is starting, it's just a coincidence that they are winning.

Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no

Because that is too gray. This must be a black-white argument. :spy: :eek:

Hell no, im not a UT fan. I'm a OU fan.

P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............

they both won but neither had great performances..they were both decent- exactly like mario(who had a good enough game imo)...

vince threw 2 ints in the red zone but the D and special teams won it..along with vinces 2 good tds and runs..good game by him but he didnt 'win' it
bush wasnt great at all..same problems as usual- he dances way too much.. got 4 tds but they were all nothing special

i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!

McLeon's INT was because Mario hit Brooks' arm.... Mario had a very good day, and judging by the performance of the rest of our DL all year, we'd have lost this game had it not been for Mario.

No doubt that Vince & Reggie look flashier....... but I honestly think Mario had just as much an impact on his team as they did on theirs.

Wow, Cutler just threw a 9 yard pass that turned into a 71 yard TD pass.

P.S.

what kind of Sooner fan follows and tapes a TEXAS game. I could absolutey care less what OU does, after all yall can't do crap without half your players being recruted from texas anyways...............

It was the National Championship game.

Michael Huff, D.Jarrette, Reggie Bush, Lendale White, Jamal Charles, Vince Young, Matt Lienart, Darnell Bing, Limas Sweed, Dave Thomas......

who didn't record that game??

i disagree, holding Colts ToP to 12:00 min or so in 2nd half Vince converting 3rd down did with this for us!

it was a total team effort.....good job by your defense keeping the colts from scoring inside their 5..........good win.....good job.

i watched most of the game(flicking back and forth) and he didnt do much- saw all the tds- nothing special..did you just look at the stats or did i miss something???

Absolutely agree with you. His TDs weren't anything special, nothing Deuce couldn't have done himself. Defintiely take Mario over Reggie and day of the week. VY however.... You could build a ggod case for that...

WALI LUNDY
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 9 6 106 415 3.9 35 3

REGGIE BUSH
Year G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD
2006 11 3 109 331 3.0 18 4

Going with OUR team needs, Lundy looks much better than Bush. Bush has the catches, but with Dominick Davis out, a 6th round pick is beating out GOD BUSH in rushing

What player is not considered a project when drafted, I think mario was considered more of a project coming in. He was considered as a talented DE with average moves. Don't you recall that he got half of his sacks in one game against Maryland. And vince young won the the rose bowl for ut mostly by himself. So you really are convinced that vince is just going to be an average quarterback. I mean, I don't like the tiatns, but you gotta admit they got a special player playing behind center. Your just trying to convince your texan pride that "he's all right". Dude, wake up and YOU watch the games cause your missing them!!!!!!

this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.

I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.

I donno...Texas pre-Vince Young and post Vince Young aren't as good as the Longhorns with Vince Young (some said their coach couldn't win the big games). The Titans were 9-23 before Vince young and now they are 5-2 his last 7 starts....I think this VY guy just may be pretty good.

I'm not down playing Vince, just giving credit where credit is due. Titans D has been playing great as of late, especially at forcing TOs

Also with Texas.......McCoy getting injured had alot to do with them dropping the last two games. So did losing David Thomas and Micheal Huff and Rodrique Wright, I could go on. You can't win the title every year.

I especially like the way Wince Stung caused Indy to have numerous penalties and turnovers. Then to top it off, he kicked a 60 plus yard field goal to win the game for the Titans.

He really is a diety!!! :wow: :rolleyes:

P.S.

It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.

this is the problem right here. Michael Huff, Aaron Harris, Rod Wright...all those guys that stopped LenDale on 4th down will never get anywhere near as much credit as Vince despite the fact that had they not stoped White on 4th down, USC would be champs. VY had 40 pass attempts and was not sacked. Is anyone going to say Justin Blaylock, Will Allen and Jonathan Scott had huge impacts on the game? No. Football is a team sport, its not just about the guy with the ball.

I know football is a team sport. I played football all through high school. Ut had a good team last year. They have had many athletes. But they wouldn't have won it all last year if they didn't have vince. They would have hade a nice team. Probably gone to the sugar bowl with a 10-2 record, but no national champioship. Take manning away from the colts, brady away from the patriots, or ladianian away from the chargers. The're still decent teams but nothing compared to what they are right now. Many people have this concept that chapionships are won with everyone pulling together and picking each other up and that everyone is equally talented. For the most part, championships are won with several good players and one or two very special players.

Wow there you go again........You know what else is amazing...its amazing our defense couldn't do crap at the start of the season.......many fans were calling for the D coords. head, but as the season rolled on so did the Texan's D.......just like the Titan's....... crack man, pack man jones is having a great year.....obviously your not watching

I also have the Rose Bowl on tape....best game ever, and UT would not have been beat 50-21..... without Vince. get real. USC's defense sucked flat out....they sucked

Vince is a good rookie QB.....is he the answer to every problem the Texans have (I say this because you act like he was the answer to all UTs woes, even though McCoy broke most freshman QB records)........no

Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.

Dude, you just hate vince cause he's with the titans.I figured you out. Your a big time texan homer and will not give any other player on another team credit. What in the world did UT ever do before vince got there. I think they last won a champiosnship in the 50's or 60's. And then vince gets there and takes a talented team over the hump and wins the title. And what happened after he left. Three losses this season.

And yet as an Aggie, I'm worried about this true freshman that Texas had this year who got injured... Whats he going to be like as a sophomore?? Junior?? The only question for McCoywill be if he can have the same talent around him for the next two - three seasons that VY had around him. If so, then I think Texas will be in good shape for another national title --- without VY....

The comparisons between Vince, Reggie, and Mario are not always going to be on the individual level as they are now. Ultimately, what will be compared is how the franchises did while they were with the team. If Reggie Bush is on the Saints for 10 years, but they are continuous losers for most of those years, Reggie Bush will not be in such favorable light as he is now. Now if in those same 10 years, the Texans go to the playoffs almost every year, Mario will probably be seen more favorably. Same goes for Vince Young. The players individual statistics isn't always going to carry the day. Last time I checked, the NFL is the ultimate team sport.

How do you explain how Barry Sanders is viewed?

Hmmm, Barry Sanders will always be remembered as the Lousy Lions went for all those years.....??

Good point and now've you done it..

You asked a question that defies all logic on this board. Geeez.. :brickwall

personally, I view him as the only good reason to watch the Lions play in his era. Great players on bad teams are still fun to watch....but not mediocre players that are supposed to be great but really aren't

It was a christmas gift from a diehard UT fan. Kind of making of fun of me. And I watched it cause it was an exciting game. And cause I love football. And as for OU being being crap without Texas Players, maybe so but they won the big 12 champioship this year and have more national championships than UT ever will. And by the way, I guarantee you that UT would have won the another title this year if vince would have stayed.

Yep your right.......I hate Vince Young......yep thats it...:rolleyes:

I only rooted for the guy all his years at UT.

Also OU is going down, Mack Brown has put a stop to all the Elite Texas talent leaving the state. Stoops is going to have to rely on Texas and A&M castoffs.....

UT......pre Colt McCoy injury was by far the best team in the big twelve and they will be next year too. Enjoy your little championship this year though.

Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.

Hm... Our Offence took the game off yesterday, and our defense took over and won. how well would Vince have done if his defense took the day off?

BTW/ I was impressed with RB for the first time yesterday, he ran well. Vince on the other hand only supplies moral support to his team, his level of play is pretty average.

thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...

thats ridiculous, you obviously didn't watch the game.....did you see how many third downs he ran for, in the clutch situations,when the game was on the line, when most quarterbacks would have thrown the ball away or got minimal yardage, he is making the nfl look like college games......anyone who can't see that is :brickwall ...

For a QB In th NFL who runs a lot :brickwall = a short career. I hope for his sake he finds a passing game.

Look back at the other QB's that have had to run the ball a lot. Most of them last about 2 years because of injuries. That approach does not work well in the NFL.

and your right, I did not see the whole game. The part I saw looked just like the other games that the Titans have won, in spite of his college level performance.

retarded...........

the texans weren't drafting a QB.........vince is null and void.......sorry
The texans were criticized for passing on R. Bush, the same guy who isn't even the best back on his own team..........News flash everybody the Texans for once made the right move......Mario forced how many holding penalties today and QB pressure., why did we win today.......pressure and defense. Vince might turn into a great player in this league...........but guess what.....so will Mario.

Its about filling holes....this year we made a switch on defensive schemes and we were bleeding at DE, we got a good one........not to mention one of the best LBs in the league. Here's another food for thought, we take anybody other than Mario at #1 we're most likely taking DE in round two to fill out this 4-3......kiss DeMeco goodbye. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Does anyone argue that the Texans didn't have their best draft in team history............nnnnoooooo, because the Texans hit on almost all their picks...........just be glad they did and MMMOOOVVVEEE on.

Hell yeah i totally agree with you. Everybody needs to quit whining about the pick because if you havent noticed Mario is playing really well for a rookie defensive end. He is a constant force to deal with out there on that field, and plus reggie had one good day scoring td's against the who the 49ers please give me a break im sure Lundy could do the same thing if we had a quarterback that knew wtf he was doing and actually moved the ball so lundy could get those easy 5 yard td's. Mario by far was the right choice to make.

Everything you just listed could be said for the texans

the texans didn't want to win, missed FG, too many forced (to say the radiers TOS weren't forced is laughable) turnovers to count....its all a wash

The Texans were stuck in bad Field position all day, especially in the first half, if was the texans DEFENSE that stepped up and made difference.......it was the texans DEFENSE THAT WON US THE GAME.

yes our defense played well, but our special teams played their best game of the year, lets not forget that, 2 huge returns late in the game, 3 key fieldgoals. great work by the coverage team to limit a very good return guy on oakland. Id say its a toss up between the 2, it wasnt all defense, lets not forget some excelent running in the 2nd half also.

now as far as the draft thing goes, mario does what we hired him to do, he creates chaos on the line, changes formations and pressures the QB. I'm glad we got him. what we should be talking about though is prolly the best LB taken in the draft in quite some time, Demeco Ryans. he is a beast and we stole the prize at the draft IMHO.

Titan "Tack" Fan;522313 said:
Whoever gave me negative rep and put the reason as "Go Home" ... I am at home...on my computer...

Not very Texan of them. I'd give you some, but I need to spread some around.

After all, Tejas means "friend." If you don't believe me, go watch Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help

What you should have done was traded down. If the Texans had then they would have received an extra 1st round pick either this year from the Jets or next year from the Titans. Bush would have gone #1, A.J. Hawk #2 to the Saints then either Young to the Titans at #3 if the Jets trade up or sit at #3. Either way you save money, gain draft picks and most likely still get Mario Williams. Even if he is off the board at #4 you still get D'Brickashaw and it's not like you couldn't use offensive line help

Geeeez, why didn't our crack front office think about that... Seriously though, I think only offer that was out there (allegedly) was the Jets offering a 1st and a 3rd.

I agree

Signed,
Madden football video game franchise mode

(it takes two to tango - the Saints, Jets nor the Titans were going to give a future #1 to move up and take the player they got where they stayed)

I like that this thread started out with '...I'm not gonna start with the comparisons with mario, vince and reggie...'

Just to throw my own 2 cents into the melting pot, I don't think Mario is anywhere near being lapped.
- Vince's team had its game of the season thanks - largely - to their defense and to a decent performance from Young himself.
- Reggie Bush is going to be a massively potent player in this league in years to come and (regardless of what a few people are saying in this thread) he showed a few flashes of it on Sunday. He made a lot of yards for his team and scored some good touchdowns.
- Mario is playing injured and is still causing major problems for every team he faces, week on week.

For the season I place them Mario, Vince, Reggie at this point, in terms of what they've added to their teams. If Vince was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers, but he'd be getting sacked a whole lot more too. If Reggie was in Houston he might be putting up big numbers but most likely he'd be dancing around the backfield every play waiting for our line to figure out how to block.

We picked Mario. He's doing great. Nuff said.

Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

We let him go, now he will make us eat dirt on sunday.:tearup:

You may be right...but I know I don't want to ever see Mario go up against our line. He's a beast. I'm happy with him here.

You're right.... :ok:

Nothing like a defeatest attitude.

We are about to play our 13th game of the season. VY did not get picked (sorry T'sip homers), Bush did not get picked (sorry.... whatever Bush fans are called)... Get over it.

Go Texans and beat the Tennessee Youngs.
:fans:

Amazing how people in this message board are. Y'all settle for mediocracy, or less.

VY was the right answer. He has all of the intangibles that Carr will never had. He is a natural proven winner, A leader, A guy that will stick up for his team and vice versa.

I agree....way too many of our fans just accept rotten play and seem to be ok with guys never reaching their potential. I'm only happy with the Mario pick if Carr proves to be a franchise QB. So far after most of the '06 season we have a 3-4 end playing a 4-3 tackle and a mediocre QB that can only win if the other players make plays.

Back