Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

College Football Random Thought of the Day

Some info:
Compared to La'el Collins

And
I don't see it

usa_today_11724028.0.jpg

1294506157.jpg

BIG12 should be choking…..as it appears they may be joining the POWER 5 conferences in the near future.

I guess they’ll finally reach out to UH, SMU, Rice, etc schools to see if they can fill their soon to be available slots.

BIG12 should be choking…..as it appears they may be joining the POWER 5 conferences in the near future.

I guess they’ll finally reach out to UH, SMU, Rice, etc schools to see if they can fill their soon to be available slots.

There’s been talk of 2 or 3 super conferences for a few years now. I think when it’s all said and done it’ll be the SEC, Big10 and Pac12.

I don’t think UH needs to waste their time trying to finally get into the Big12. They need to focus on the Big10 or Pac12. Funny how schools like Vanderbilt and Kentucky are more relevant than a school like UH just because of the conference they’re in.

I don’t think this is likely to happen. But if your whole world is going crazy around you, you might as well try something crazy.

BIG12 needs to expand and snatch up as many Texas schools as possible. This may help them keep many in state athletes in the state. Might be the perfect time to check on Sam Houston State’s willingness to make the jump.

BIG12 will be needing 4 schools in short order. UH, SMU, SHS, and Rice. It wouldn’t be a lot at the start but the BIG12 could become the bell cow of the Power 5 conferences. Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU would be doormats in the SEC (check with Arkansas and others) and might find their winning chances much higher in a revised BIG12.

What kind of TV contract can you get with these teams?
I have to agree. It’s all about media markets now, and the only G5 Texas school that I see getting added to the Power 5 is U of H, so that someone can get a (bigger) piece of the Houston TV market. SMU might give your conference a presence in the DFW market, but so would other schools that have much larger followings.

What kind of TV contract can you get with these teams?

I would suspect the same exact one that will be on the table when Texas and Oklahoma leave for the SEC.

The BIG12 only has themselves to blame for this situation. They will either dissolve or try to become a top Power 5 conference…..they have will no ability to join the top 3 eventual super conferences. Might as set the focus on the second tier and becoming the top conference.

I would suspect the same exact one that will be on the table when Texas and Oklahoma leave for the SEC.

The BIG12 only has themselves to blame for this situation. They will either dissolve or try to become a top Power 5 conference…..they have will no ability to join the top 3 eventual super conferences. Might as set the focus on the second tier and becoming the top conference.

I bet they merge with the AAC, they already have a deal with ESPN in place.

BIG12 needs to expand and snatch up as many Texas schools as possible. This may help them keep many in state athletes in the state. Might be the perfect time to check on Sam Houston State’s willingness to make the jump.

BIG12 will be needing 4 schools in short order. UH, SMU, SHS, and Rice. It wouldn’t be a lot at the start but the BIG12 could become the bell cow of the Power 5 conferences. Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU would be doormats in the SEC (check with Arkansas and others) and might find their winning chances much higher in a revised BIG12.

Doesn't sound like replacing UT and OU with UH and SMU would do much for the conference. Then adding Sam and Rice? I don't think the Big 12 wants to become the AAC, although they may be there already with what the have left.

I think the Big 12's days are numbered unless they can find a way to pull some top teams from the group of 5, and convince a BYU to join as well. Say SMU, UH, Cincinnati, BYU and Boise St maybe?

That would give you;
Baylor
Tech
TCU
UH
SMU
Ok St
————
Iowa St
Kansas
K State
Cincy
Boise
BYU

W. Virginia probably checks out, I don’t know.

I don’t think that would be too terrible of a conference, but it’s certainly lacking the national appeal it had before, so I don’t know if that would even be good enough to keep it going.

Doesn't sound like replacing UT and OU with UH and SMU would do much for the conference. Then adding Sam and Rice? I don't think the Big 12 wants to become the AAC, although they may be there already with what the have left.

I think the Big 12's days are numbered unless they can find a way to pull some top teams from the group of 5, and convince a BYU to join as well. Say SMU, UH, Cincinnati, BYU and Boise St maybe?

That would give you;
Baylor
Tech
TCU
UH
SMU
Ok St
————
Iowa St
Kansas
K State
Cincy
Boise
BYU

I don’t think that would be too terrible of a conference, but it’s certainly lacking the national appeal it had before, so I don’t know if that would even be good enough to keep it going.

Not enough national appeal there & you'd just be delaying the inevitable. I agree with your earlier post, UH doesn't need to waste their time trying to get into the Big 12. If either the Big 10, Pac 12 or ACC would take them, they need to go there.

That would give you;
Baylor
Tech
TCU
UH
SMU
Ok St
————
Iowa St
Kansas
K State
Cincy
Boise
BYU

Awesome conference idea. I read an article late last night that might have West Virginia getting invited to join the ACC….whose also looking to bolster their conference to 16 teams.

So it now looks like the big 4 will be; SEC, BIG10 (BIG16), ACC, and PAC10 (PAC16). Schools will scramble to join and the rest will be left to grab conferences wherever they can.

I’d be happy to see the BIG12 become the BIG16 and just set themselves up as the strongest Power 5 conference. I think Speedy got it right but who could be the other 4 teams?

Last edited:
I’d be happy to see the BIG12 become the BIG16 and just set themselves up as the strongest Power 5 conference. I think Speedy got it right but who could be the other 4 teams?

I think there's plenty of solid candidates, Tulsa, Memphis, Louisiana-Lafeyette, UCF, San Jose St, Coastal Carolina, Nevada, Army, but I think it starts looking like CUSA at that point.

I know the 12 I mentioned previously would be a bad ass basketball conference if nothing else, but football rules, so it probably wouldn't work.

Last edited:
I think there's plenty of solid candidates, Tulsa, Memphis, Louisiana-Lafeyette, UCF, San Jose St, Coastal Carolina, Nevada, Army, but I think it starts looking like CUSA at that point.

I know the 12 I mentioned previously would be a bad ass basketball conference if nothing else, but football rules, so it probably wouldn't work.

Given time…it could evolve into a competitive alternative to the Elite 4 conferences. There will be plenty of athletes that may not want to compete for starting jobs from the elite schools that might have 2+ / 4 to 5 star players at most positions.

Given time…it could evolve into a competitive alternative to the Elite 4 conferences. There will be plenty of athletes that may not want to compete for starting jobs from the elite schools that might have 2+ / 4 to 5 star players at most positions.

Are you taking NIL money into account..

It's not even remotely competitive really..

Back