Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

DeMeco or Stroud

Only if he keeps winning. The second he starts losing… fans will want him gone.

JMO but If Ryans can deliver success he has the ability to be here as long as he wants. He has no flaws in front of the camera/podium, no attitude and players run through walls for him. If he delivers a SB then he’s definitely calling his shots. I don’t think he ever “loses the locker room“ and he feels like he could be a Tomlin, Cowher type hire.

Obviously I hope I’m right and things could always go off the rails for a variety of reasons but he feels like he’s going to be our longest tenured coach in our history. Add to that having Stroud and it feels like a dream right now after the **** show we just went through……

Last edited:
The point is they are better together than separate.

Demeco would have success with Denver. Stroud would have success in Indy. (I just threw up thinking about it).

But I don’t think either one would be as successful as they are today 10 games into the season and that’s because they have each other.

That’s the point. They are better together then any other place they would have gone. Not at the level we are seeing.
Great post

This is where I really admire the Steelers. Granted, they haven't had a losing season in almost 2 decades, but they don't just give up on HCs. They've had 3 since 1968. The Texans have had 5 since 2019, including the interim HC in 2020.
The Steelers were mostly a dumpster fire from 1933-1971, so there's hope.

Well, I mean if Bucky gets a vote... there might be some pressure, but since he don't.... well?

But a good article nonetheless, thank you.

Though C.J. Stroud deserves a lot of the credit for Houston's surprising 5-4 record, the first-time head coach wisely brought the rookie along slowly over the summer to keep his confidence intact while he acclimated to the NFL game. Instead of handing the starting job to the newbie on draft night, Ryans made Stroud prove himself between the lines to earn the respect of his teammates. Now, the rookie is providing one of the most impressive debut seasons in memory, torching opponents as a pinpoint passer with superb leadership skills and intangibilities

Hannah made this all possible.

She got the house in order. We lucked into a good team owner finally.

The results have been better than expected, but man I hate how she went about it with that stupid fan council crap.

Fan input should include what food is available or what brand of beer and even what music they pipe in & all things tailgating but should have zero input on player personnel decisions.

They've been very fortunate with the results .... it could have just as easily backfired on them.

You could not be more right. I was going to the Bengals forum before & after the game. A lot of people are already wanting to fire Zac Taylor. You know the guy that took the Bengals to the SB in 2021 & to the AFCCG in 2022. You would think they would give him at least 1 year to regroup.

You could not be more right. I was going to the Bengals forum before & after the game. A lot of people are already wanting to fire Zac Taylor. You know the guy that took the Bengals to the SB in 2021 & to the AFCCG in 2022. You would think they would give him at least 1 year to regroup.
Yep, do they realize Burrow was playing hurt all yr?

The results have been better than expected, but man I hate how she went about it with that stupid fan council crap.

Fan input should include what food is available or what brand of beer and even what music they pipe in & all things tailgating but should have zero input on player personnel decisions.

They've been very fortunate with the results .... it could have just as easily backfired on them.

Tbh, i loved that.

I would guess most fans that filled that out weren't casuals and actually had some valid thoughts behind their answers.

Im not sure how much they really even took that input into consideration, but i think they were in a desperate place to get the fanbase energized.

And really, whatd theyd been doing before wasnt working. It wasnt just not working, it was actually clownish over there.

I think it was a smart win/win move. Even if it failed, you engage fans and give them an actual avenue to vent and express themselves regarding football decisions. And its like a kid that wants to eat ice cream all the time. If you give them what they want they get a stomach ache and realize maybe they dont know whats best.

But if it works then it works and thats ultimately what you want anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to make a long post about this but every angle has been pretty much been covered.

Belichik looks like a JAG coach without Brady. Might be a contributing factor why his coaching disciples mostly fail when they leave.

CJ is showing talents I didn't think he had and making everyone look good - players, coaches, the guys/gals with the water bottles....

Ultimately, it's the synergy between all, the teamwork. It's cliche but it really is the teamwork.

Well, I think we all can agree with that. Although if they don't pick the player I like, I'll be pissed.

Back