Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game day: Texans vs Broncos

If there is another IR injury would that open the position move for a Dell later or is it just NFL rules?

No. You're only allowed to bring a certain number of players back from IR. When Fairbairn returns the Texans will have reached that limit. No more IR-Designated to Return for the rest of the season. Dell, or anybody else who goes on IR is done til next September.

i dont know why i took this game so personally... got more personal after the refs tried to pull some bs with tackling Wilson when he was rushing but i will tell you this... i am proud of the DEFENSE going above and beyond today! Thank you for the win!
Probably b/c of the shite Sean P talked about this team and organization when we interviewed him for the HC job and went with Demeco instead...

i saw Metchie out there more and more this last few weeks, doesn’t seem to be there to haul in the targets he is getting whether that is that CJ doesn’t have the chemistry with him or if he isn’t quite getting where he needs to be.

Robert Woods has been quiet since his injury but there was a point early in the season where he was vying for CJs preferred target along with Nico, hopefully he can get involved again.

Tank is a huge loss, though, does so much that isn’t coachable, what a rookie season from him shame it’s been cut short.

Is it possible that we don’t put Dell on the IR in hopes of a playoff run? Or are we calling it? Thats my question that I hope gets answered tomorrow by the Texans medical staff.

1) you actually think that the women’s national team is going to go full throttle on a high school boys team?
2) you think that a response saying which team won or lost refers to physicality?
3) I’ve seen multiple international men and women’s games and believe that the women are more physical and (I agree with you) aggressive.
I went to LA Tech in the late 90s. I used to go to the gym and play vs the lady techsters in pickups all of the time. Yeah it's been a while but at the time they were consistently a top ranked team and many of them wound up playing in the wnba. Ironically I was just too light to play beyond hs (6'3 140 at the time). The women just couldn't be physical like men could. My other sport was soccer and the women are more aggressive but they can't be as physical. It's not a knock on the ladies, it is just the difference between men and women.

I don’t think that is a fair assessment. The man walked off the streets and -barely- misses a 59 yard field game winning goal. Even fairbain misses some of those. I’m not even going to try and broach the iffy ball placement on the line too.
He missed 2 FGs in that game against the Jags. Yeah, one of them was long, but I believe that Fairbairn hits them.

He missed 2 FGs in that game against the Jags. Yeah, one of them was long, but I believe that Fairbairn hits them.
That’s right! I did forget the very first one. Either way… I think it’s worth the gamble to keep Ammendola if we can use the IR designation on Dell. Let’s see what the doctors say. Hopefully we’ll hear from them today.

That’s right! I did forget the very first one. Either way… I think it’s worth the gamble to keep Ammendola if we can use the IR designation on Dell. Let’s see what the doctors say. Hopefully we’ll hear from them today.
Just keep Dell on the roster. They can certainly make do with 5 WR's.

Slowick and his player combos are really costing the team points. Beck is getting too many snaps. You can't keep trying to run play action when you can't run the ball. Singletary is clearly the better back on this team.
Yup. They need to stop with this Beck nonsense. As for Singetary… yep… except I’d say he is the better back -for- this team. I think all three have great attributes. They’re just not all great fits at the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
We are on our 4th string Center! We have a Rookie Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Quarterback.
We have had by far the most injuries on the offensive side of the ball than any other NFL team. And we’re still complaining about Slow.
On yesterday Nico had a drop in the end zone. Some would say good defensive play. CJ missed a wide open Metchie. That’s 14 points right there good people.
But guess what that’s to be expected from a young team right. At least we’re winning and we the fans finally have something to cheer about.

I’m certainly not “complaining” about Slowick. The truth is… I don’t really know who sends in the plays. I think the Texans have made some questionable playcalls. Especially on offense. It’s one thing to try something explosive but it’s another to try and “set up” the run ALA the O’Brein method. Watching the Texans run up the middle on consistent drives was a bit frustrating. CJ also “telegraphs” his handoffs so they’re pretty easy to catch so that doesn’t make it any easier. I’m sticking with the Texans as opposed to singling Slowick out. Just quit opening with those middle runs consecutively, whoever you are.

We are on our 4th string Center! We have a Rookie Coach, Offensive Coordinator, and Quarterback.
We have had by far the most injuries on the offensive side of the ball than any other NFL team. And we’re still complaining about Slow.
On yesterday Nico had a drop in the end zone. Some would say good defensive play. CJ missed a wide open Metchie. That’s 14 points right there good people.
But guess what that’s to be expected from a young team right. At least we’re winning and we the fans finally have something to cheer about.
How many PPG are they avg this yr?

Slowik is doing a good job. Add a stud RB this offseason and this offense will look much better. Add a TE/WR and the sky is the limit. Just depends if they decide to invest in the offense in the draft this off season.

I don't get the dissatisfaction with Slowik.

We're somewhere around 9th in the league in scoring with a rookie QB, an offensive line held together by duct tape, a group of skill players no one thought was any good to begin the season but has been riddled with injuries. We've got a rookie qb who's leading the league in passing yardage.

I mean. Come on. What more do you want?

I don't get the dissatisfaction with Slowik.

We're somewhere around 9th in the league in scoring with a rookie QB, an offensive line held together by duct tape, a group of skill players no one thought was any good to begin the season but has been riddled with injuries. We've got a rookie qb who's leading the league in passing yardage.

I mean. Come on. What more do you want?
Reading some posters posts they should fire Slowik as soon as the season is over. SMH

This is with Singletary as the best RB. Out of everybody Pierce has been the most disappointing player on the team. I expected so much more from him.

Back