Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Saints

554704_10151000269256314_1086564107_n.jpg

I would love to see our defense do a number on Brees and company. This will be a very good test for us.

My wife committed us to go over to one of her friends' house for dinner. So I'll probably be watching on NFL.com when I get back unless it's showing on the TV here, in which case I'll record it.

Its national TV on CBS I think.

If I were at someone's house, and the game was not on TV, I would put it on. I have done that before. If they changed it I would leave.

I would eat in their living room while watching the game too. Done it before.

Wife is sitting here and told me how damn rude that was of me. She was embarrassed. Wish she would have told me at the time. I would have screamed at the TV a little louder than I did.

Its national TV on CBS I think.

If I were at someone's house, and the game was not on TV, I would put it on. I have done that before. If they changed it I would leave.

Wife is sitting here and told me how damn rude that was of me. She was embarrassed. Wish she would have told me at the time. I would have screamed at the TV a little louder than I did.

One way to avoid this is to tape the Texans' and NFL schedule to the refrigerator, or enter all the game dates on her Outlook calendar. Tell her that you have commitments on those days or nights. If she accepts dinner invitations, weddings or anything after that, tell her you will enjoy hearing from her about how the evening went.

This is especially important to do around the Christmas season when people have parties that you don't want to attend and they conflict with the final games of the year, especially division games that have playoff implications.

Good job dude.

The Saints, for the sake of fairness, have asked to have our LBs tie their hands behind their backs during the game. Seems like after injuries, they have no real LBs of their own to field.:specnatz:

The rumors about the Saint's crappy turf worry me. Especially considering how many injuries the Saints have had already.

I really don't want anyone getting hurt tonight, either side. I hate to see that happen in pre-season games.

I gotta figure out what to cook soon.

My wife committed us to go over to one of her friends' house for dinner. So I'll probably be watching on NFL.com when I get back unless it's showing on the TV here, in which case I'll record it.

It's even worse here. My wife scheduled a damn couples poker game tonight! When I told her I'm going to lose early and set the rest of the game out watching the game she told me that would be rude. I told her she was rude for setting up a poker game when the Texans are playing the most significant pre season game without checking with me first. And it's nationally televised even! Yeah, I can and will DVR it but still a poker game during the third pre season game. Unforgivable!:foottap:

I could care less who wins this game! I agree with Thorn, I'm worried about their crappy turf. I'd rather lose a preseason game than take a chance of someone getting hurt. We'll have to play on that crappy field in Feb anyway, so why push it!:throwball:

It's even worse here. My wife scheduled a damn couples poker game tonight! When I told her I'm going to lose early and set the rest of the game out watching the game she told me that would be rude. I told her she was rude for setting up a poker game when the Texans are playing the most significant pre season game without checking with me first. And it's nationally televised even! Yeah, I can and will DVR it but still a poker game during the third pre season game. Unforgivable!:foottap:

Normally, we watch the games together. She wears her Duane Brown jersey and I used to wear my Winston jersey.

But she doesn't watch pre-season games. Doesn't care about them. Doesn't keep track of them.

I'll DVR this game and watch it once I get home. We'll probably be in a barn looking at their new foal for most of the evening. They're nice people. Don't want to be rude.

I don't know why but I always assumed that you had 1 can of beans and franks every night for dinner. You old curmudgeon you.

:specnatz:

he doesn't?

I assumed he was trying to decide if he wanted just beans tonight. Or if the game merits franks, too.

I also assumed he eats them out of a WW2 helmet.

I also assumed he eats them out of a WW2 helmet.

Total trivia. Kevlars replaced the old steel pots well after the Vietnam war in the mid to late 80's and there was a lot of complaining that they were not as versatile in the field although better for protection.

Why can't it be game time yet?

Why is everyone making fun of beans and franks? That's good stuff. Besides, I'm lazy tonight. I'm having Chinese delivery. Pan fried pork dumplings and shrimp fried rice.

its national tv on cbs i think.

If i were at someone's house, and the game was not on tv, i would put it on. I have done that before. If they changed it i would leave.

Wife is sitting here and told me how damn rude that was of me. She was embarrassed. Wish she would have told me at the time. I would have screamed at the tv a little louder than i did.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Ch. 11 Countdown to Kickoff crew should set up cameras on the TEXANS' end of the field.
:foottap:

Posey inactive with a calf injury... Damn! I wanted to see if he'd show something tonight.

More Martin, Jean on offense. More Mercilus and Harris on defense. And let's give Mr. Holliday either an end around or some sort of bubble screen thrown his way.

Back