Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ San Diego Chargers. 9:20. 9/9. ESPN. **Official MNF Thread**

It seems to me that Foster needed some preseason game conditioning prior to regular season game. I am sure he will get better with more reps.

I wouldn't say he was crying like a baby .... but you could see that he was clearly frustrated.

TBH , I want to see Foster frustrated if he's not playing well , then I want to see what the hell he does about it.

I say he misses a meeting and we sit him the first half of a game... anyone? anyone?

Mike

Anyone see this??
Hmmm... I missed that.

Tell the truth, I'd be more disappointed in him if he accepted the benching passively. No warrior wants to be pulled from the game when the team is trying to come back.

Z

Hmmm... I missed that.

Tell the truth, I'd be more disappointed in him if he accepted the benching passively. No warrior wants to be pulled from the game when the team is trying to come back.

I remember some time ago he was benched a half for whatever reason and came back the 2nd half and ripped it up against the Raiders. Hopefully he has that kind of game week 2.

Anyway, Tate to me giving 120% on field tonight. Foster did not look game day ready conditioning wise or maybe he is still recovering from injury? Whatever the reason, Tate looked much better than Foster tonight.

I saw it. Ben Tate looked surprised that Kubiak wanted him out on the field 3 plays in a row. He pointed to himself as if to say, "I'm still on?" and gave a fist pump while running back to the huddle. Foster threw his hands in the air and whined about it. Pretty pathetic, as was his performance. Kubes don't care how much money you make. Kubes plays the best man.

1. Kubiak faked something! First time I've ever seen him do any kind of fake.

2. Keo was useful, if he becomes a solid player I'll have a buffet full of crow to eat.

3. Mother****ing Cush is back!

4. We missed Antonio Smith a lot on the interior, if we don't re-sign him I wouldn't trust Crick or whoever to be able to step up in his place.

5. Mccain looked like the weak link tonight, and J Jo wasn't exactly impressive.

6.Can't wait to get Reed out there and see what he can do.

Game was very entertaining.:texanbill:

Agree with all of this except your comment about Joseph. I thought he had a damn good game and that play he made tackling Royal or whoever that was and making sure he didn't come down in-bounds in the end zone was massive.

Anyway, Tate to me giving 120% on field tonight. Foster did not look game day ready conditioning wise or maybe he is still recovering from injury? Whatever the reason, Tate looked much better than Foster tonight.

Yeah... you need those T/C reps no matter what the old heads say.

Same with RG3 in the first game; he looked crappy and rusty until he got a good half of full speed game behind him.

I saw it. Ben Tate looked surprised that Kubiak wanted him out on the field 3 plays in a row. He pointed to himself as if to say, "I'm still on?" and gave a fist pump while running back to the huddle. Foster threw his hands in the air and whined about it. Pretty pathetic, as was his performance. Kubes don't care how much money you make. Kubes plays the best man.

No. Kubiak is loyal to a fault, only runs on 3rd and long and doesn't ever fake anything... oh wait... SB or bust. Yeah, this is a new team. Maybe Kubiak went to Denny's and asked them to change the menu a little :D.

Mike

What about Earl MF Mitchell catching Mathews from behind. Sweet. sweet irony.

big earl ... he's gone from a "meh" backup to a tank in the middle (with wheels!) almost overnight. we have far and away the best front in the NFL with watt, ninja, and big earl.

Just woke up went straight to my phone to read the 610 texts. And I'm happy we won. But 28 points on us? I know 7 of those were a gimme. But I hope we can get it fixed Sunday. The Tacks are coming!!

fosterunhappy.gif

the numbers speak for themselves arian

I am starting to think that Foster is starting to become a full fledged diva...

Heard on the radio that this summer he had the press waiting like 2 1/2 hours before he did his interview, then was very non responsive in answers. When asked about his up coming movie or his GQ cover shoot, he couldn't stop talking....

Have to start watching him closer...

Just woke up went straight to my phone to read the 610 texts. And I'm happy we won. But 28 points on us? I know 7 of those were a gimme. But I hope we can get it fixed Sunday. The Tacks are coming!!

The Tacks? You are worried about the Tacks? Same Tacks that scored 1 TD on Sunday against a decrepit, old Steelers defense. The same Tacks that STILL have Jake Locker at QB?

No I'm not concerned about the Tacks, but I am concerned....

Maybe I snoozed for 30 mins but I did wake up 4 hours after the game ended to head to work. I'd say I'm going to sleep early but Sons of Anarchy season premiere is at 10pm.

An ugly win beats a pretty loss any day. Remember that.

We have to give major props to Shiloh Keo after last night. Big hit to force the incompletion and clutch fake punt conversion. He earned his spot on this squad tonight.

That was the only thing that made their call of the game enjoyable --
the noteable mood swing by the end of the third.

I'd send them some prozac before the next matchup if I had a
mailing address..

:spin:

TJ

I loved the way the Texans shut Boomer up and stopped him and Dilfer from spouting all that Charger homer shiot in the fourth qtr.

Kube earned it by going it on 4th down, putting DeAndre in most plays in the 2nd half and went for 1st down in the waning minute with a pass instead of a run.

Glad to learn this morning we won the game. I don't remember much after 7-7 score. From what I see in the box score I could just skip the first half and watch the second half of the game.

At any rate, congrats to those who actually watched it all the way through. It must have been a very exciting finish.

Glad to learn this morning we won the game. I don't remember much after 7-7 score. From what I see in the box score I could just skip the first half and watch the second half of the game.

At any rate, congrats to those who actually watched it all the way through. It must have been a very exciting finish.

I won't lie, my pulse was getting out of hand there for a while :)

Also, you have to Watch the entire thing, victory tastes so much better when pulled from the jaws of defeat :)

it was a combined effort, 2012 going out of his way to make schaub look like a super hero. we caught a break on one of those TDs, got 6 instead of 3 on the penalty. the run game was moving the chains on every score, schaub made throws he had to make on 3rd & long, even extended some plays with his legs to give his recivers time, andre was beast all game getting open. tate looked hungry. defense stepped up after the 4th TD. cushing mad play of the game, took the pressure off the O. schaub led them downfield for the final FG..

we gotta stop coming out slow for these primetime games, some teams arent going to leave the window open.. antonio should make a difference, hopefully redd will be ready to go before the schedule gets tough..

o-line looked shaky.. i was also expecting jj to introduce fluker to the NFL, didnt happen..

Pointing out when he is playing well is making him a superhero ? Maybe you and others were blinded by your hate and you couldn't stand a good performance

Yeah - that was getting a bit much. Do we have an ignore function? I've never had reason to use it, but during the heat of gameday, it does sometime get a little bit much.

I hadn't participated much in game day threads here. It was just too much of a drain, I get all upset about stupid crap & I don't enjoy the game.

I wrote it off, saying it was bad luck & stopped all together. Tonight I realized it's not about luck, it's about vibe.....

If the Texans are winning, these threads are great. If they are losing... debbie downers come out quick & they suck you into their crap.

I'd like to think these threads are an extension of the sideline, or an extension of the BullPen, or whatever stadium our team is playing in. We're an extension of the team (I think). We need to be rooting for them on every play, not dogging them after every mistake.

I know they can't hear us.... & I most likely won't change anyone's mind here. & no one may give a crap what I do... but I'm just going to continue to stay away from game day threads if they continue like this one. May even stay away from the board all-together because of some of the threads that are started during the game.

I'm not saying you can't criticize your team. I criticize them all the time & will continue to do so. But during he game? & then btch about them not playing for 4 qtrs when we can't support them for 2.... makes no sense to me.

Another foster note how may drops did he have 3 or so?

they weren't all perfect passes but he definately should have made the catches especially since he snared a bad pass with one hand. He didn't look sharp and lacked focus. I like that Tate is getting more playing time. My guess is he's gone after this season and he knows he's auditioning for his next team. I just hope he can stay healthy.

I hadn't participated much in game day threads here. It was just too much of a drain, I get all upset about stupid crap & I don't enjoy the game.

I wrote it off, saying it was bad luck & stopped all together. Tonight I realized it's not about luck, it's about vibe.....

If the Texans are winning, these threads are great. If they are losing... debbie downers come out quick & they suck you into their crap.

I'd like to think these threads are an extension of the sideline, or an extension of the BullPen, or whatever stadium our team is playing in. We're an extension of the team (I think). We need to be rooting for them on every play, not dogging them after every mistake.

I know they can't hear us.... & I most likely won't change anyone's mind here. & no one may give a crap what I do... but I'm just going to continue to stay away from game day threads if they continue like this one. May even stay away from the board all-together because of some of the threads that are started during the game.

I'm not saying you can't criticize your team. I criticize them all the time & will continue to do so. But during he game? & then btch about them not playing for 4 qtrs when we can't support them for 2.... makes no sense to me.

As a neutral observer I had to say the "sky is falling" posts made for entertaining reading. I've never seen so many "the season is over" and "fire so and so" posts in a first game thread ever. It was surreal.

And its official. You are all over-reacting morons.

I said some things that were wrong and I wish I could take back but at the same time we still have a lot issues on defense that has to be addressed. Schaub played good I just hope he plays consistent. It's week 1 and we won in a fashion I didn't believe we could win in. We did it we came back from being down 21 so you gotta love that and I do. Now I have a feeling we will carry a positive momentum into week 2 and kick some Titan you know what!

I said some things that were wrong and I wish I could take back but at the same time we still have a lot issues on defense that has to be addressed.

Just to be clear..... my issue is not so much about what was said. A lot of it was true.

My issue is when it's said. The game day thread during the game?? There's no room for negativity.

If we were on the sideline, we'd be screaming, "Shake it off guys!! Let's get this one." & things like that.

We've got a whole week to talk about the stuff that needs to be addressed.

How do you score 3 td's between the 20's?

You can't take one game and compare it to a career history of choking in the red zone. I stand by my statement, Schaub's padded career stats happened between the 20's. Schaub brings little energy or inspiration to the team. As soon as his ass finds the grass a couple of times, the wind is out of his sails and he starts hanging his head.

Albert Einstein is credited with having said, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" and it holds true. While Matt has been a decent quarterback, and worlds away better than David Carr (yeah, devotees defended that chump as vehemently too), the stats which matter (hint w-l ratio) just aren't there. And they likely never will be. When it matters most, Schaub drops the ball. The team can't succeed when 3/4 of all offensive red zone stands end in a field goal.

To get to the next level (Super Bowl or Bust), something different has to happen. While I'm grateful the Texans pulled out the W last night, it was miracle. Had Joseph not brought his man down oob, or Cushing not gotten that crucial pick 6 to turn the tide, this would be an entirely different conversation. That's 11 points provided by the defense and you can't reasonably expect that to happen every game.

106.7. If the Super Bowl or Bust motto were anything more than just that ~ a motto ~ that's the number the Texans would be playing with. The highest rated starting quarterback in all of the NFL finished his preseason with a rating of 103. Schaub finished with a mediocre 63. Case Keenum put up that first number, which lead the NFL in the position.

But, more than that, when Keenum was on the field it was clear who was in control. The boy is a General! Every play with him at the helm was sharp, and exact. He threw two of the prettiest passes, both right into Jean's breadbasket on a full tilt run, I've ever seen. Compare that to Schaub's throwing behind the receiver and causing them to break stride, slow down, and lose the addition yardage which could have been as a result.

Every quarterback makes mistakes. Hell, they're human too. But compare how they handle those mistakes. Schaub has the tendency to always blame the receiver, even when it was Schaub's lousy uncatchable pass which caused the disconnect. That causes dissonance and discord within the offense as well as unnecessary frustration. When Keenum has failed to hook up with his target, he's thus far owned it every time. Even when it wasn't his error which caused the dropped pass. That leads to an offense who WANTS to work for the quarterback.

Love Schaub all you want. Fine. Turn a blind eye to his actual play. Fine. I'm grateful for what he has done for the team and the level he's helped to bring them to, but I'm also realistic with my expectations of what he'll continue to give. Don't be disappointed when we come up with the same results as the last two years because that's what Scaub has in him. Right now the Texans have the highest rated QB in the entire league, and he's being iced. When he finally does get his chance, he'll have a lot of rust to shake off and will likely be a bit out of step. It's a travesty, and only proves that Super Bowl thing is naught more than a motto. History doesn't lie, and if you choose to not learn from the past, you're doomed to repeat it.

Peace.

All I know is I'm glad we don't play them again because Freeney was kicking Duane Brown's a**. He was a huge disappointment. That matchup ended up so lopsided that I'm sure the film study will just irritate Duane to take it out on the Titans.

Just to be clear..... my issue is not so much about what was said. A lot of it was true.

My issue is when it's said. The game day thread during the game?? There's no room for negativity.

If we were on the sideline, we'd be screaming, "Shake it off guys!! Let's get this one." & things like that.

We've got a whole week to talk about the stuff that needs to be addressed.

But we are not on the freaking sidelines. We are on couches, recliners, bar stools, etc. Nothing we say or do during the games will have any impact on the way the Texans play. So to get your panties in a twist because people have the audacity to complain about the team is ridiculous.

It has become increasingly frustrating to read the Texans part of the board. Between the eternal sunshiners, eternal chicken littles, and Keenum nuts, it gets a little hard to read through threads without putting my head through a wall.

I've heard that before somewhere...

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?p=2919

But we are not on the freaking sidelines. We are on couches, recliners, bar stools, etc. Nothing we say or do during the games will have any impact on the way the Texans play. So to get your panties in a twist because people have the audacity to complain about the team is ridiculous.

It has become increasingly frustrating to read the Texans part of the board. Between the eternal sunshiners, eternal chicken littles, and Keenum nuts, it gets a little hard to read through threads without putting my head through a wall.

Back