Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

I'm back!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Here are my questions.
Who is creating the weekly game thread?
If there isn't one, do you want it back?
I used to create the weekly game thread here. I did it for a few years and it was fun and quite successful.
I fell out of football because it went woke and I just couldn't stand watching it anymore. The Texans were bad and didn't look like they were going anywhere and I just lost heart. I completely lost interest in football.
Enter CJ Stroud. He looks very exciting.
DeMeco Ryans is the head coach? Awesome! I always loved him as a player, now he's not disappointing as the head coach.
I'm interested again.
Do you guys want the weekly game thread back the way I used to create it?
Let me know.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Here are my questions.
I used to create the weekly game thread here. I did it for a few years and it was fun and quite successful.
I fell out of football because it went woke and I just couldn't stand watching it anymore. The Texans were bad and didn't look like they were going anywhere and I just lost heart. I completely lost interest in football.
DeMeco Ryan's is the head coach? Awesome! I always loved him as a player, now he's not disappointing as a coach.
I'm interested again.
Let me know.
Thank you.
Have at it.

Welcome back.

I'm interested again.
Let me know.
Thank you.

As long as you can keep the politics out of the forum, I'm fine with it. If you can stick with the team through the bad times, as well as the good.

Here's an example of one of your OPs in the gameday threads.

WEEK 17 · Sun 12/29 · 3:25 PM CST
View attachment 5210
Tennessee Titans
TV
CBS 11
Sports Radio 610 (KILT-AM)
NRG STADIUM
Fan Appreciation Day presented by Verizon

Will O'Brien rest players? Will Watson, Fuller and others be held out of this game? Should Kansas City lose against the Chargers, it's likely that O'Brien will play everyone with a chance to take the #3 seed. If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, the Texans are already in with the #4 seed, so risking injury to key players will weigh into that decision.

Here are your 2 teams for this final regular season game!
Your AFC South Champion Houston Texans!
View attachment 5212

Offense
Defense

Special Teams

The Tennessee Titans

Offense
Defense

Special Teams

Come Sunday, We'll either be treated to a game the Texans want to win to get that #3 seed or we'll be forced to sit through a game that means nothing to the seeding since the Texans already own the #4 seed. That depends entirely on what happens in the Chiefs vs Chargers game. I suspect the Chiefs want to keep the #3 seed and will beat the Chargers handily, but the hope is that the Chiefs lose and the Texans can decide whether or not they want to play for that #3 seed. Either way, the Texans are in the playoffs!

This is it. The last one of the regular season...and it's against the Tacks!

GO TEXANS!!!

As long as you can keep the politics out of the forum, I'm fine with it. If you can stick with the team through the bad times, as well as the good.

Here's an example of one of your OPs in the gameday threads.
Thanks. I appreciate you. Thanks for showing the example of one of my old threads. That might help people see what I did.
I never let politics get in the way of football. It doesn't belong. That's what got me out of watching football. All the wokeness, kneeling and politics. Football is for entertainment, not advertising political views. As far as my faith in the team? Did you ever doubt it before?

Thanks. I appreciate you. Thanks for showing the example of one of my old threads. That might help people see what I did.
I never let politics get in the way of football. It doesn't belong. That's what got me out of watching football. All the wokeness, kneeling and politics. Football is for entertainment, not advertising political views. As far as my faith in the team? Did you ever doubt it before?

I understand completely. I did something similar. I imagine we'll be seeing more old names show up again if this 5-TD insanity continues!

It's been a long time. I know. But I just lost interest in the game. I need to catch up, but the new Texans could bring me back.
You didn't bleed out. When someone leaves the family usually they are not allowed back but you are a favorite son. Still there has to be a sacrifice. I suggest one big toe, one little finger and one testicle. Consider yourself fortunate that I do not know of anyone that has a horse they do not want.

Oh.. welcome back! I seldom read the opening post of the game day thread. It is the rest that intrigues me.

Who the phook are you and who the phook do you think you are?

Just kidding, bienvenido de nuevo tio!

Last edited:
I gave up my season tix during Easterby and end of BOB era with DW4 giving up on the team and then he was a sexual predator. If that crap is not an excuse to take a break, what is! Welcome back JT, one of the biggest homers and pretty excitable dude, hope they keep playing well so you can have some fun this round

Here are my questions.
DeMeco Ryans is the head coach? Awesome! I always loved him as a player, now he's not disappointing as the head coach.
I'm interested again.
Let me know.
Thank you.

Welcome back! Hopefully this means more OG blood returns… Gary Andrew6 halfglassfull so on

meh.....screw taking a break with the going gets tough. Because when the going gets tough, the tough come here to b!tch, moan, and make silly ass posts irritating otherwise calmer posters. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

With my experience on this forum this hits different!

meh.....screw taking a break with the going gets tough. Because when the going gets tough, the tough come here to b!tch, moan, and make silly ass posts irritating otherwise calmer posters. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Some of us are glutton for the punishment and stuck around. *cough* :crazy: *cough*

Maybe it was a form of group (psycho)therapy during The Dark Period. (I think it should have it's own font as tribute to our collective waste-of-time sacrifice.)

But, my take is I don't blame any fan for handling all that crapola in whatever way they needed, regardless if it was ignore the Texans, cuss them out, hate them, or any other coping mechanism.

I'm just glad we've Andy Dufresned our way through the mile of sewage to reach the DeMeco/CJ paradise beach, and hopefully H-town has much better days ahead. :cowboy1:

Welcome back JamTex, I’ve been here the whole time through ‘the dark period’ it has been awful and I genuinely think it would have been better to switch off for a few years.

Some of us are glutton for the punishment and stuck around. *cough* :crazy: *cough*

Maybe it was a form of group (psycho)therapy during The Dark Period. (I think it should have it's own font as tribute to our collective waste-of-time sacrifice.)

But, my take is I don't blame any fan for handling all that crapola in whatever way they needed, regardless if it was ignore the Texans, cuss them out, hate them, or any other coping mechanism.

I'm just glad we've Andy Dufresned our way through the mile of sewage to reach the DeMeco/CJ paradise beach, and hopefully H-town has much better days ahead. :cowboy1:
I love your Stephen King reference.

The "Dark Period" I like it... Texans fans the last several years...

1699302387025.png

Truth.

Is that what we should call it: “The Dark Period”?

Sounds good to me. A lot easier then referring it to the OB as GM, Cal’s best friend is Easterby, Watson holdout and massage, Culley as HC, Josh McCown almost HC, Lovie as HC, Mills under center era.
I call it “The Dark Age”, when OB ran through the team like cholera in Europe. Spewing **** every where he went.

Welcome back Jam and friends!

It's hard to articulate how far back BOB and his jack of all trade disasters set this franchise back. I don't have a calculator with that big of a number.

Thank God Hannah finally decided to wake up Cal and Mama from their deep slumber and prodded them to move on.

Who knew that Hannah Banana foo fanna, fee fi foannah, banana rama foofanna...Hannah would be the savior of this franchise.

Now I'm kind of worried that another team will steal her and make her head of scouting. Her scouting of CJ was certainly on point.

Here are my questions.
I'm interested again.
Let me know.
Thank you.
I always looked forward to your game day thread. Welcome back!

Welcome back Jam and friends!

It's hard to articulate how far back BOB and his jack of all trade disasters set this franchise back. I don't have a calculator with that big of a number.

Thank God Hannah finally decided to wake up Cal and Mama from their deep slumber and prodded them to move on.

Who knew that Hannah Banana foo fanna, fee fi foannah, banana rama foofanna...Hannah would be the savior of this franchise.

Now I'm kind of worried that another team will steal her and make her head of scouting. Her scouting of CJ was certainly on point.
Drat! I knew I should have copyrighted that post!

Well well well..... Welcome back Jam! I feel ya on all the political BS man, I was almost right there with you! Seems a little less political lately though. We're a pretty good team now and fun to watch. Well welcome back man.

Welcome back JT!

I think sometime around 2021 I was like where is that JJ cyborg avatar dude? I get leaving NFL football for a bit but I was one of the guys that on Sunday’s tuned into Red Zone, got plastered and had the occasional afternoon delight. All in all not a bad way to drown HST pro football sorrow…….

So in response to being asked not to bring up politics is to keep bringing up your political views?

And doesn’t sound like you have a problem with politics in football just politics you don’t like

Back