Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

im done with schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.
packers had problems and won the superbowl, brady and peyton never had elite Ds and won superbowls. our qb sucks

Schaub does suck. He had me fooled for the first half of the season though. Turns out he is a fraud.

I would ride with Yates. He showed last year he can come back in games, doesnt give up, brought us back to win the division, and even won us a playoff game.

Schaub is going one and done next week. I am seriously considering not even watching.

Schaub does suck. He had me fooled for the first half of the season though. Turns out he is a fraud.

I would ride with Yates. He showed last year he can come back in games, doesnt give up, brought us back to win the division, and even won us a playoff game.

Schaub is going one and done next week. I am seriously considering not even watching.

Somebody bring back that Yates " I got this!" picture.

Dude at what point do you tire out chasing tour tail. A good qb makes the wr. A great wr catches jump balls. Or underthrown balls

it was ty hilton with 3 texans dbs surrounding him, and this guy is talking about upgrading receivers.. luck made a play, stepped up in the pocket and threw a dart..

anyone trying to explain kubiak/schaub's ineptitude:

LOL-CATS-lol-cats-2985832-500-399.jpg

Schaub needs to go to the Manning Academy where he can improve his game along with all the high school kids there. Who knows he might learn something.

Your analyzation on Yates is apparently just as bad as it was on Schaub then if you think that Yates brought us back to win a division. Yates was nothing but a piece on a great team that was dragged to the playoffs after everything that was in place from Schaub last season. Yates didn't carry this team to anything. He almost cost us the division if anything when he couldn't even beat the Colts either last season when the COlts were 1-15.

And if you aren't going to watch the Texans in their 2nd playoff season ever, how in the hell do you call yourself a fan??? If we somehow win, please don't come back in here and act like you're along for the ride. I'll be rooting my team on despite how unhappy I am right now.

You'll be there, just like the rest of us.

Peyton cost himself with that pick six.

yeah but caldwell had peyton run three ball three times heading into half with two timeouts. colts punted and saints hit a fg before half. saints onside kick coming out of half then score a td. 10 pt swing. caldwell had an elite qb sit on the ball with two timeouts. conservative play killed them. who does that remind you of?

yeah but caldwell had peyton run three ball three times heading into half with two timeouts. colts punted and saints hit a fg before half. saints onside kick coming out of half then score a td. 10 pt swing. caldwell had an elite qb sit on the ball with two timeouts. conservative play killed them. who does that remind you of?

Absolutely he didn't help but Peyton had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game and he messed up.

Can't ask for much more than your Hall of Fame QB having the ball with the game on the line.

Your analyzation on Yates is apparently just as bad as it was on Schaub then if you think that Yates brought us back to win a division. Yates was nothing but a piece on a great team that was dragged to the playoffs after everything that was in place from Schaub last season. Yates didn't carry this team to anything. He almost cost us the division if anything when he couldn't even beat the Colts either last season when the COlts were 1-15.

And if you aren't going to watch the Texans in their 2nd playoff season ever, how in the hell do you call yourself a fan??? If we somehow win, please don't come back in here and act like you're along for the ride. I'll be rooting my team on despite how unhappy I am right now.

Stuff it Texecutioner.

The only people in here that are still defending Schaub are either his relatives or trolls.

He is so far and away our biggest problem that any other problem is not worth discussing until that one is resolved. It'd be like complaining that your car is missing a side mirror, but then fail to see that there is no engine under the hood.

Schaub is a loser of a qb with a noodle arm that is average when no pressure is on and then completely falls apart and chokes when any sort of pressure is on his play.

Absolutely he didn't help but Peyton had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game and he messed up.

Can't ask for much more than your Hall of Fame QB having the ball with the game on the line.

you cant have your HC dig a ten point hole either with another hall of fame qb on the other side.

texans dont have s sophisticsted fanbase. we dont understand the difference between a guy that qjust tries to not mske mistakes and plays with an efficient system like dilfer or schaub or someone like that and a gu that is good.

we are still learning to differentiate between the two as a fanbase.

schaub is exhibit a. he is a horrible qb thst would only start for two or three teams in the league

In Schaub's defense, isn't that what we got away from when we moved on from Carr?

From 2007 through 2010, I don't think anyone was calling Schaub or Kubiak "conservative"

My problem, is that we're being conservative now.

I don't understand why. Now is not the time. When HFA is on the line, it's not the time.

It's like either Gary is trying to prove something, or Schaub doesn't know how to differentiate when it's time to take a risk, when it's time to push...

I really think "the development" of Schaub is the problem. I don't think Gary should have to tell Matt when it's time to step it up, when it's time to "take over"

Personally, I think the coach should say, "don't do it" & Matt should take it upon himself to do it. I know that sounds like insubordination, maybe I'm not saying it right. But I think a QB should take it upon himself to make something happen, but he's got to be extremely confident with his ability & it has to work. Which is why the coach can't tell him to do it.

you cant have your HC dig a ten point hole either with another hall of fame qb on the other side.

No but the game came down to Peyton Manning at the end and he lost it.

Caldwell was an awful coach who was carried by Peyton but Peyton just didn't get it done at the end.

He wouldn't even have a Super Bowl if he played Brees in 2006. Rex Grossman was the MVP of that game he was so awful.

how did yates almost cost them the division when he won his first 2 starts, clinching the division in the process..

well yates had a twenty yard run at cinci to help win the division. you ever see your boy schaub on a twenty yard run. to say yates didnt carry this team is true but to not give him credit is STUPID. your boy schaub could have underthrown a ball that day or in the playoffs versus cinci. well your boy schaub has us in position for the playoffs do you think he ties yates in playoff victories? i dont plan on going to game next week, you wanna buy tickets since your such a great fan?

If Schuab plays the way we all know he can. The way he played in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011, we can still win it all.

He & Kubiak just need to get away from being uber safe. We won a lot of games during that time. Would have won a lot more with this defense we have now. It's play off time, time to let it all hang out.

Can't be scared to make mistakes. We have to trust our team is mature enough to overcome.

lol afc division round in either mile high or foxborough... lol lets call a spade a spade..

This team isn't going anywhere. LOL. Just saw Manning throw a dart to Decker in the endzone. I laughed. Should have gotten that guy. Wonder if Kubiak and Schaub are still texting each other, joking about him coming here....

Probably not.

well i guess we will find out. cinci D is nasty this year. better than last year. we see them next week

Dalton and green are also better and their run game has been better with JGE...i certainly dont have any confidence that we'll be able to do anything with them or against them right now..

Schaub is not a bad QB. He is having a poor end of season which may cost us in the end. However, if this is the guy we are going to get in pressure situations and in big games, he literally has zero value on this team.

Just like with shanny, i would love to see kubes with a gifted, moblie qb. Geno wont be availible, but I really like the manuel kid from fsu. He could use some seasoning for a yr at least,but he big,mobile,has a great arm. Put that guy on the bench for a year and open the competition up after next season. We know what schaub is and he needs too many thing to happen right to be functional. How many td's have this seasoned offense scored in the last 4 weeks? not alot, i can tell you that.

Just like with shanny, i would love to see kubes with a gifted, moblie qb. Geno wont be availible, but I really like the manuel kid from fsu. He could use some seasoning for a yr at least,but he big,mobile,has a great arm. Put that guy on the bench for a year and open the competition up after next season. We know what schaub is and he needs too many thing to happen right to be functional. How many td's have this seasoned offense scored in the last 4 weeks? not alot, i can tell you that.

Omg, your so wrong. I've watched every play of EJ Manuel's career and I wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole. His best day is much worse than Schaub's worst day.

well yates had a twenty yard run at cinci to help win the division. you ever see your boy schaub on a twenty yard run. to say yates didnt carry this team is true but to not give him credit is STUPID. your boy schaub could have underthrown a ball that day or in the playoffs versus cinci. well your boy schaub has us in position for the playoffs do you think he ties yates in playoff victories? i dont plan on going to game next week, you wanna buy tickets since your such a great fan?

Schaub was capable of making more throws and making better decisions. The Texans were losing down the stretch last season as they are now this season. No difference really. And up and behold we're playing the Bengals once again. We're going to beat the Bengals. And then we're going on the road and it will be up to the coaching staff to get this team back to a winning form. It will be up to the players to execute their strategy. We've got homefield advantage at Reliant, and I expect us to win this game.

So So sad watching the broncos and patriots come out and play like they have something to play for and we come out as though we have the #1 seed all but locked up.

Watching manning and brady tonight only makes me feel worse and worse about our team.

The texans are like the new kid in school who told all lies so everyone thought he was cool, and then someone discovered the truth now everyone sees us as a fraud/joke.

So So sad watching the broncos and patriots come out and play like they have something to play for and we come out as though we have the #1 seed all but locked up.

Watching manning and brady tonight only makes me feel worse and worse about our team.

The texans are like the new kid in school who told all lies so everyone thought he was cool, and then someone discovered the truth now everyone sees us as a fraud/joke.

well hopefully we're like that picked on kid who takes roids and comes out and beats the **** out of everyone who picked on him

Yeah it's really quite sad. The Texans were exposed and pushed into the locker by New England.

Schaub is not a bad QB. He is having a poor end of season which may cost us in the end. However, if this is the guy we are going to get in pressure situations and in big games, he literally has zero value on this team.

Remember when Donovan McNabb wasn't a bad QB..... and then he was? Remember when Daunte Culpepper wasn't a bad QB until he was? There are countless examples of this happening and no fanbase ever wants to admit it when it happens to them but I'm sorry, Matt Schaub is not a good QB. Not anymore. This guy is a turnover waiting to happen every time he tries to put the pedal down on a drive. He's a bad decision machine. A slow walking drive killer of a QB who isn't playing behind 5 dominant protectors so he's never going to have the time he needs to be what a lot of you people want to suggest he is.

Well Ok, I give up. "He's a good QB" just like Domanick Williams is a good RB in the sense that both were paid for what they'd done by an organization that can't work out when to hold em' and when to fold em' no matter who the GM is.

But enough about Matt, his "Jedi Master" Gary Kubiak is the reason the Texans are in the fix they're in at least as much as Matt if not more. Matt Schaub is a **** QB but he's doing everything he's told by a **** coach so how much culpability can he have? Do we blame David Carr or Mario Williams for being picked first overall and not living up to it or do we blame the team that picked them?

The Texans built this team on a flawed foundation. Right now they could bring a real coach in who knew how to lead a team and he could make adjustments to this roster that would bring about immediate improvements. They won't do it but they could.

We'll have to be content with Marciano's services hopefully not being retained. That might happen. Other than that though I wouldn't count on anything getting better. It's going to take another 2-14 season to flush this toilet.

Omg, your so wrong. I've watched every play of EJ Manuel's career and I wouldn't touch him with a 100 foot pole. His best day is much worse than Schaub's worst day.

Give me another game to watch besides the clemson,miami,and va tech game to watch again this year. I'm talking his tools and ability. I never said he was ready now. Give me a game and i will go watch it.

i love watching teams who call plays to win the game. Who say hey we leave it all on the field go down swinging. Texans never go down swinging especially when there is something on the line.

Schaub was capable of making more throws and making better decisions. The Texans were losing down the stretch last season as they are now this season. No difference really. And up and behold we're playing the Bengals once again. We're going to beat the Bengals. And then we're going on the road and it will be up to the coaching staff to get this team back to a winning form. It will be up to the players to execute their strategy. We've got homefield advantage at Reliant, and I expect us to win this game.

I'm sure in your clouded mind there's no difference but there was a huge difference last season. The injuries were epic in number and the team was being led by a rookie QB who was never intended to take the field that year. The playbook was pared down to a functional subset that Yates could run and even then those games were called so conservatively that he was rarely given any rope to hang himself with until there was no alternative.

We're going to play the Bengals again and they're going to beat our asses.

WOW guys i am down on the team to, but we do still have foster, AJ, Watt, JoJo, O.D. I will give these guys some credit and say we can win this game, just dont like what we have to face AFTER we beat the bengals.

WOW guys i am down on the team to, but we do still have foster, AJ, Watt, JoJo, O.D. I will give these guys some credit and say we can win this game, just dont like what we have to face AFTER we beat the bengals.

We have to get the lead first. This team is built to play with a lead not comeback from one.

If we can get up by 10 or 14 on Brady and Manning we have a good shot.

We have to get the lead first. This team is built to play with a lead not comeback from one.

If we can get up by 10 or 14 on Brady and Manning we have a good shot.

Well we know the texans defense can stop manning and brady, we have seen it done, the offense needs to get out of this funk. Kubiak needs to pull out all the stops this post season. Fake punts, maybe a few trick plays, just go down swinging and stop folding up like we have become accustume to the texans doing.

Well we know the texans defense can stop manning and brady, we have seen it done, the offense needs to get out of this funk. Kubiak needs to pull out all the stops this post season. Fake punts, maybe a few trick plays, just go down swinging and stop folding up like we have become accustume to the texans doing.

Does Kubiak even have those plays in the playbook? Lol

He has 5 calls. Run, play action, screen, punt, miss field goal.

seriously? You really, in your heart of hearts, think THIS team is capable of beating the Bengals? If you are, than you are a far better fan than I because I just do not see it.

For 6-7 weeks this Texans team has played horrible football, on both sides of the ball. There is nothing the Texans have done that gives me any confidence that they can beat the Bengals.

Bengals have won 7 of their last 8 games, although the teams they played were not that good, I would take that going into a playoff game than a 3 game losing streak any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back