Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

im done with schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.
in a seriousness i dont think he does, i can not remember even one trick play the texans have ever ran since Kubiak became HC.

One of the players, I think maybe Daniels, talked about that in an interview recently somewhere. I remember him saying that Kubiak does not like trick plays and that he tried one once like 4 years ago and it back-fired on them with a turnover....and that was it....he won't ever do it again.

I had that one removed from my memory. Thanks for the reminder.:kubepalm:

At least it ain't Rosencopter, or the one where Brown goes out of bounds, but he fumbles the ball back in bounds before he hits the ground and it's recovered by the....Titans, I think. That was on like the 2 yard line.

Maybe that was it???

oh yeah haha i remember that, but come on chris brown. That was a terrible call, how about a screen to O.D our 4th QB :) and then let him hit AJ semi deep in the middle of the field, surely he can throw about as good as schaub anyways.

At least it ain't Rosencopter, or the one where Brown goes out of bounds, but he fumbles the ball back in bounds before he hits the ground and it's recovered by the....Titans, I think. That was on like the 2 yard line.

Brown goes down as one of the worst Texans ever.

So So sad watching the broncos and patriots come out and play like they have something to play for and we come out as though we have the #1 seed all but locked up.

Remember this.

I don't know what's going to happen, but maybe this is the best thing that could have happened to us. Hear me out. Adversity builds character. The Broncos haven't played anyone since the Bengals, week 9. The did catch Baltimore in their little 3 game losing streak, but that's it as far as play off teams go.

Same thing with the Patriots. They took care of business tonight against the 7-9 Miami Dolphins. They beat us (paper tiger) & they got spanked by the 49ers.

Both teams will be off next weekend. But two weeks from now they will face play off teams. How are they going to play when "everything" isn't working as well as it does against the weaker competition they've been playing?

Keep hope alive.

Give me another game to watch besides the clemson,miami,and va tech game to watch again this year. I'm talking his tools and ability. I never said he was ready now. Give me a game and i will go watch it.

Ok, Florida 2012. Almost any game this season. He is not a good QB, just trust me, I have watched him play and analyzed his every motion more than any person on this board x3.

Dude doesn't have it. I can't believe we resigned him before the season. Just average on a solid team. He still has a half to prove me wrong

Schaub has gotton worse as this season has gone on. His accuracy has been poor, decisions have been porr, and when he scrambles he looks more scared than Carr.

Not lloking forward to the rest of his contract.

96mhds

Honestly, this is like watching Carr fall apart in the second half of 2004. You kept looking back at the good things he did prior, thinking he's just in a slump. But no, he's broken. This is it.

Honestly, this is like watching Carr fall apart in the second half of 2004. You kept looking back at the good things he did prior, thinking he's just in a slump. But no, he's broken. This is it.

Yeah broken is the best way to describe him. Wish his contract was broken

Schaub's contract is going to be an albatross around this organizations neck. Just as bad a decision as Carr's contract extension was in 2005.

Omg your right. Extend Carr and pass on VY and Cutler lol. Not endorsing VY but Cutler on this O?

Well, for those of you who wanted them to go deep when they only needed a yard...

....there ya go...

And THAT, Ladies & Gents, is your proverbial dagger.

...what's on the science channel?

damned dimestore ILBs....

Longtime Texans fans know a broken QB when we see one and this one is broken. Smith needs to be fired for extending him before this season was over. What a retarded move. This organization has never made anyone earn their paycheck other than Foster.

Too many limitations with schaub

Not a leader
Weak arm
Slowest qb in the league
No heart

We need someone that can scramble and make 1st downs when the play breaks down

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Schaub's contract is going to be an albatross around this organizations neck. Just as bad a decision as Carr's contract extension was in 2005.

Only way around it is to draft a QB who gets a low 4-year contract.

That's the only way around it.

And Gary won't do it. I know he won't.

He thinks he just needs more time. Because Matt is GARY'S guy. He has a lot invested in him. A lot of PRIDE.

Kubiak is the most overly loyal, slow to change, do-nothing HC I have ever seen. Oh sure, he gets rid of Carr after one year...but Schaub? NO way! He'll be here for two more years. Which SUCKS.

Longtime Texans fans know a broken QB when we see one and this one is broken. Smith needs to be fired for extending him before this season was over. What a retarded move. This organization has never made anyone earn their paycheck other than Foster.

Yup, worse move ever

Kubiak is the most overly loyal, slow to change, do-nothing HC I have ever seen. Oh sure, he gets rid of Carr after one year...but Schaub? NO way! He'll be here for two more years. Which SUCKS.

Schaub is too expensive to cut in 2013. Doesn't mean you have to play him.

As I understand it, all of Schaubs guaranteed money was from his signing bonus, 2012, and 2013. After that we can cut him if we see fit with no penalty to the cap. I'm not a cap expert but that was my understanding.

Yeah, I can't get behind that. It's time to part ways but as usual the Texans have figured out how to make it overly complicated and incredibly expensive to make the move they need to make so he's staying. I think the only real option here is to invest every possible penny in the defense and go Baltimore Ravens circa 1999-2000. Build defense and accept that you've got a less mobile, less talented, less intelligent Trent Dilfer on the other side of the ball who will limit you in every way possible going forward. The only sane choice if you have to keep the loser is don't depend on him.

Gary won't do this of course. He's on the right track and all that bull****

My guess is that few fans are actually "done with Schaub". We hear this season after season, and he comes back and most fans get behind him once again. He has a long term contract, so we will see this same show again next year.

My guess is that few fans are actually "done with Schaub". We hear this season after season, and he comes back and most fans get behind him once again. He has a long term contract, so we will see this same show again next year.

circumsatances are a bit different this season. We have never been in position to take home field and blow it. To go into the Pats house and pull out a win, hell if not for the defense we wouldnt of won against the bengals.

Schaub has hit his ceiling and will never get any better than he was 2 years ago. To much talent on this roster to let Schaub waste it IMO.

circumsatances are a bit different this season. We have never been in position to take home field and blow it. To go into the Pats house and pull out a win, hell if not for the defense we wouldnt of won against the bengals.

Schaub has hit his ceiling and will never get any better than he was 2 years ago. To much talent on this roster to let Schaub waste it IMO.

That, right there is what it comes down to. Andre Johnson has how many years left? How many years did he play on .500 teams because Gary Kubiak was too ****ing stupid to go get a real defensive coordinator? How many more years of his career will be lost waiting for Gary to figure out that his hand picked QB doesn't have what it takes to get this done? That same scenario is playing out all across our roster as some of these excellent players we've been lucky enough in some cases to fall into our hands (Foster) or pick after other teams grabbed more highly touted prospects (Duane Brown). How many years are we going to be this young and this good? Windows stay open for a very short time in the NFL for many guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back