Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Pre-season 8/17/2013, Game 2 vs Dolphins: Top 5 things you are interested in seeing?

Research suggests that if someone has already received one concussion, they are 1-2 times more likely to receive a second one. If they've had two concussions, then a third is 2-4 times more likely, and if they've had three concussions, then they are 3-9 times more likely to receive their fourth concussion.

Through high school, college, and pros, would it be safe to assume most NFL players have suffered a concussion at some point? At least a "mild" concussion?

Neither of those last 2 balls were place where they could be intercepted. The last one, had Lemon not been bumped would have definitely been a TD.

We got two more preseason games to go, but so far Keenum is showing he can play in the NFL. I imagine we mostly see TJ in the second half.

Dennis Johnson is not showing me anything.

Lestar Jean is doing good as is Lemmon. Keshawn is pretty good as well. I think we have some decent receivers on the team.

Ok, another dumb question but does Kubiak's clock management or game time management look better with Keenum? I know its preseason but still...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Ok, another dumb question but does Kubiak's clock management or game time management look better with Keenum? I know its preseason but still...

It's preseason and Kubiak is testing Keenum.

Could be. I certainly didn't see any long faced expressions on Kubiak's face. Looked like he was totally comfortable with Keenum out there.

The guy in the paper today said Keenum doesn't have the experience to play in the NFL. Wilson didn't either for Seattle or Tannehill. I know he is not in the same class, but RG3 and Luck were rookies last year. I don't want him to start, but he has more upside than Schaub in the long run.

The guy in the paper today said Keenum doesn't have the experience to play in the NFL. Wilson didn't either for Seattle or Tannehill. I know he is not in the same class, but RG3 and Luck were rookies last year. I don't want him to start, but he has more upside than Schaub in the long run.

Agree.

I'll admit to having been a Case Keenum doubter, but from what I've seen in this game I'm impressed. Quick decisions, good arm strength, good foot work/mobility. It probably won't happen but I'd like to see Case with the 1's.

qm.gif

Could be. I certainly didn't see any long faced expressions on Kubiak's face. Looked like he was totally comfortable with Keenum out there.

I have yet to see a moment on the sidelines between those two that didn't visually look negative. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

I'll admit to having been a Case Keenum doubter, but from what I've seen in this game I'm impressed. Quick decisions, good arm strength, good foot work/mobility. It probably won't happen but I'd like to see Case with the 1's.

In another year or two Schaub will be like Bledsoe with the Cowboys and need to hang em up. Keenum will have his chance.

What I like about Keenum, and I have said it before in the College Football and Mock Draft Forums is that he keeps the same cool on third or fourth and 15, 20, or 25. He never panicks; he doesn't force it unless he has too; he understands that the more composed he stays, the better the chance he can pull it out. It has a calming effect on the whole offense. It's a darn fine quality that is hard to find in a QB.

If we don't convert it; OK, we will get it on the next drive.
I've never seen him get down on an O-lineman who misses a block or a receiver who drops a ball. He simply acts as a cool cat; we'll get it next time, boys.
Let's stay together. That's leadership; and I was very impressed watching him display that coolness. He brings out the best in the guys around him.
The only guy he criticizes is himself.

In another year or two Schaub will be like Bledsoe with the Cowboys and need to hang em up. Keenum will haven his chance.

Just as long as we don't get Matt Cassell'ed...

Case will do good to sit behind Schaub one more year as number 2. After that year by year I think its a lot easier to release Schaub contract wise.

I am not ready to make Case the heir apparent but damn he looked good.

Back