Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Rosevelt Colvin Signed

I'm not so sure that Colvin wouldn't be a starter if he signs here. He was injured for the last 5 games and the playoffs last year, but the games he played he started (except for one).

At all of 250 pounds, I have a difficult time seeing Colvin starting at DE. All of the games he started for the Pats were at LB. It's also kind of interesting that while Weaver had a down year in all aspects in '07, he's historically been stronger against the rush and weaker against the past, while the opposite could be said of Colvin.

At all of 250 pounds, I have a difficult time seeing Colvin starting at DE. All of the games he started for the Pats were at LB. It's also kind of interesting that while Weaver had a down year in all aspects in '07, he's historically been stronger against the rush and weaker against the past, while the opposite could be said of Colvin.

That's true. I didn't take into account his weight. Whether he's a starter or a reserve on our team, he would be a great addition! Hope Rick Smith can sign him!

FYI, Bulman has been getting alot of reps at DE. Apparently he's been pretty impressive. John "No Neck" McLain said he looked good too (Take it FWIW).

“I’ve gotten reps in there, especially at drop end,” Bulman said. “Getting the terminology, especially with the first team, and getting in with those guys and getting to gel – it’s definitely been really good because you won’t have that opportunity a lot. I think I’ve definitely taken advantage of it.”

The team’s coaches would agree. Bulman has lined up opposite defensive end Mario Williams and proved himself as a pass rusher.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4363

Not a big fan of Weaver moving inside. I don't think he did it this past year because he really wanted to nor did he look great much less effective. I also think our backups at DT this year look better then sliding him inside anyway.

I think this is Weaver's swan song this year unless he has some kind of year.

I'm not sure on Colvin signing here but one thing I'd like if he did is he might bring an attitude that makes this defense turn the proverbial corner. He's played in big games and won big games. There isn't a guy on this team on either side of the ball in the NFL that has done either.

I really agree with this statement. Our run defense was pretty suspect. If I recall when he was in the middle, we gave up alot of rushing TD and yards. Also I think the other DTs on the roster are going to solidify spots that will not be available for Weaver at DT.

At first I thought it was crazy to think that Colvin would come here. But it keeps looking that he might. Over at HT.com they have an interview with Rick Smith and he said that the two sides have been in continuous contact trying to work something out.

Sounds like a contract to me. Or at least better than the last time when he just blew us off all together.

So, instead of keeping a 6.2 million dollar starter, now your saying we keep a 6.2 million dollar rush stopper who, in your own words, "had a down year in ALL aspects" last year. great

Just hope it's a one-year deal or a front-loaded contract if it happens. We've still got a chunk of cap space to play with this year.

The more I think about it, the more I'm not liking the idea. Rather than pay Colvin for what he's done, I'd rather keep our money and develop the talent that is already on this team... Adibi, Diles, Thompson... Colvin is a piece that is best suited for a.) a 3-4 defense and b.) a contender that is a player or two away.

Unless he agrees to play for peanuts, I don't think I'm going to like the deal. Not saying that he couldn't contribute, but I don't think its in the teams best interest. I'd rather see the Texans develop their youngsters while continuing to dig themselves out of dead money deals. He's going to be 31 and he's coming off a foot injury. Does Ahman Green ring a bell? Nope, I don't like it.

Colvin is a piece that is best suited for a.) a 3-4 defense and b.) a contender that is a player or two away.

You know when he played for the bears they ran a 4-3 and that's when he got the most sacks in his career right?

The more I think about it, the more I'm not liking the idea. Rather than pay Colvin for what he's done, I'd rather keep our money and develop the talent that is already on this team... Adibi, Diles, Thompson... Colvin is a piece that is best suited for a.) a 3-4 defense and b.) a contender that is a player or two away.

Unless he agrees to play for peanuts, I don't think I'm going to like the deal. Not saying that he couldn't contribute, but I don't think its in the teams best interest. I'd rather see the Texans develop their youngsters while continuing to dig themselves out of dead money deals. He's going to be 31 and he's coming off a foot injury. Does Ahman Green ring a bell? Nope, I don't like it.

Why not spend the money if he is the best option out there? We need the upgrade and they didn't do anything about it in the draft. Let's get this done as long as we pay market rate and no expansion-premium. Mario needs some help so he can truly blossom and dominate like a #1 overall pick should. He has been fantastic but lets help the guy..hes a warrior.

You know when he played for the bears they ran a 4-3 and that's when he got the most sacks in his career right?

Very true, he had back to back 10.5 sack seasons - several years and a few injuries ago. That's what I mean about paying the dude for what he has done... a lot of risk involved if the contract is anywhere near what I think he's shooting for. He passed the Colts physical also, but they still haven't brought him aboard. They've been working on that deal since mid-April. Chances are he's asking too much. I don't want to see us invest in a guy who has a track record of missing time... especially at his age.

My thoughts exaclty.... Colvin can probably fit either defense especially if you ask your OLB to rush more than cover.

Given that this is not the case in our scheme (from what I understand) I figure he wouldn't play much OLB and would have his hand on the ground if he was on the field.

Why not spend the money if he is the best option out there? We need the upgrade and they didn't do anything about it in the draft. Let's get this done as long as we pay market rate and no expansion-premium. Mario needs some help so he can truly blossom and dominate like a #1 overall pick should. He has been fantastic but lets help the guy..hes a warrior.

I agree that Mario needs help - from a true DE - not an aging LB. Not to mention, we have several talented LBs who could benefit from playing time. He's a good player, and I'm not saying he couldn't contribute - but I think we could get similar contributions from some of the LBs already on our roster. My issue with him is not that he isn't talented, its that he has dead money deal written all over him.

I agree that Mario needs help - from a true DE - not an aging LB. Not to mention, we have several talented LBs who could benefit from playing time. He's a good player, and I'm not saying he couldn't contribute - but I think we could get similar contributions from some of the LBs already on our roster. My issue with him is not that he isn't talented, its that he has dead money deal written all over him.

The bright side is that Jackasserly is out of the picture, so I expect Rick Smith will keep the deal within reason and have the patience to pass it up if it seems too high and detrimental to our other plans.

Where you are missing the point is that Colvin will not be playing LB he will be playing edge rusher. I am not sure which LB you are referring to as talented for rushing the passer. The only one that I know of that has even been mentioned has been Chaun Thmpson. Kubiak just said he might be used as a edge rusher on passing downs.

This does nothing to the players you mentioned as far as them developing and getting playing time at LB. Besides we are not giving up draft picks and I do not think the cap hit will be that much.

yes sign him up. He can even compete for the OLB starting spot, or backup, or situational pass rusher. Not to mention he has tremendous veteran knowledge from a team that is known for excellent LB play.

Where you are missing the point is that Colvin will not be playing LB he will be playing edge rusher. I am not sure which LB you are referring to as talented for rushing the passer. The only one that I know of that has even been mentioned has been Chaun Thmpson. Kubiak just said he might be used as a edge rusher on passing downs.

This does nothing to the players you mentioned as far as them developing and getting playing time at LB. Besides we are not giving up draft picks and I do not think the cap hit will be that much.

So you're assuming Colvin, at 250, will come into to play backup DE? I couldn't disagree more. First of all you are asking him to play a position he's never played. If he comes, he will most certainly play Linebacker. You can wish he played DE like an edge rushing LB all day long, doesn't mean its gonna happen. I cannot emphasize enough that he hasn't played in the 4-3 in six years, and even then he played LB. He didn't play DE in college or the pros. Please show me the press clipping, web page, quote box, or whatever that says Colvin is coming here to be a backup DE. They want him to come in and add that pass rushing ability from the LB spot - just like he did with the Pats and the Bears.

I don't doubt that he still has skills, but he failed NE's physical and was released. He's been courted for near two months by the Colts but still hasn't settled on a deal. If all he wanted was to play for a contender, he'd be back home in Indy. He wants a payday. That's why he's shopping himself. Look - he's coming off a foot injury that shelved him for the second half of last season. You think he still has that speed he had when he was in his heyday? Naw bro. He's had both a hip injury and a foot injury that caused him to miss significant time in his career. He's damaged goods. I don't want to see the Texans take that kind of risk on a 31 year old player - not for the money he's looking for. He was due over 5 mil from the Pats, I'm pretty sure he would like to see something in that ball park.

As far as the LBs with speed - All three that I mentioned have that in spades. All three are athletic enough to rush the passer if given the opportunity. All they need is their number to be called. They won't get that experience playing behind Colvin. I'd rather take my chances and mold a young player, rather than take an old dog and try to teach him a whole bag of new tricks.

One has to wonder why N.E. would let this guy go but hold onto 77 yr old Larry Izzo.

Like I said a couple of pages back, its probably paranoia but I'm getting a distinct Ahman Green vibe about this potential pickup.

Guys I have a question. Cause I am confused here. Why a heck he passed Texans and Colts physical? Does NE know something that we or Colts don't?

Go Texans!!

Further to my question mentioned above, should NE physical was conducted I believe a few months ago, he may be OK now to perform at least from our's or Colts' judgement from physical point of view? Or, are we still missing something? Or, NE know something that we can't find from our physical checking procedure?

Go Texans!!

So you're assuming Colvin, at 250, will come into to play backup DE? I couldn't disagree more. First of all you are asking him to play a position he's never played. If he comes, he will most certainly play Linebacker. You can wish he played DE like an edge rushing LB all day long, doesn't mean its gonna happen. I cannot emphasize enough that he hasn't played in the 4-3 in six years, and even then he played LB. He didn't play DE in college or the pros. Please show me the press clipping, web page, quote box, or whatever that says Colvin is coming here to be a backup DE. They want him to come in and add that pass rushing ability from the LB spot - just like he did with the Pats and the Bears.

I don't doubt that he still has skills, but he failed NE's physical and was released. He's been courted for near two months by the Colts but still hasn't settled on a deal. If all he wanted was to play for a contender, he'd be back home in Indy. He wants a payday. That's why he's shopping himself. Look - he's coming off a foot injury that shelved him for the second half of last season. You think he still has that speed he had when he was in his heyday? Naw bro. He's had both a hip injury and a foot injury that caused him to miss significant time in his career. He's damaged goods. I don't want to see the Texans take that kind of risk on a 31 year old player - not for the money he's looking for. He was due over 5 mil from the Pats, I'm pretty sure he would like to see something in that ball park.

As far as the LBs with speed - All three that I mentioned have that in spades. All three are athletic enough to rush the passer if given the opportunity. All they need is their number to be called. They won't get that experience playing behind Colvin. I'd rather take my chances and mold a young player, rather than take an old dog and try to teach him a whole bag of new tricks.

The 6'3", 254-pound Colvin was a defensive end at Purdue.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FCL/is_6_31/ai_81789945

The Texans are trying to add another outside pass rusher to complement Mario Williams. Colvin has played in the 3-4 and 4-3 schemes before, and he has two Super Bowl rings.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5819819.html

Moved to linebacker after playing defensive end in college, but lined up at rush end in passing situations.[/QUOTE]

http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=8&c=1&nid=1839197

So you're assuming Colvin, at 250, will come into to play backup DE? I couldn't disagree more. First of all you are asking him to play a position he's never played.

It is nice that you think I am assuming anything while that is all you have done. Look at the quotes above, I did not assume anything I was going by information I had.

Failed a physical? Maybe I missed it but please provide me with a link to where he failed a physical, because in the NFL if you are under contract and you fail a pysical you can't be released without an injury settlement. Just like the Texans did with that Center they jst recently released. That is also why Shaun Alexander took a physical before he was released by the Seahawks. It is in the collective bargining agreement. You talk about his injuries and say he is damaged goods, you do understand that before any contract talks began he did have a complete physical do you not?

Oh and bro as far as his speed that he had in his heyday, I am sure the coaches gave him those test during the physical to see what he had left as well. You act like our GM and HC are stupid and who just sign Colvin to this multi year billion dollar contract. As far as Colvin looking for more money than he is being offered, most likely. Most vets do, but as you can tell by him not being signed yet the team has a certain money area they are offerring and they are not budging from that. So it is up to Colvin to either accept or decline, you throw it out there like the team will cave and give Colvin all this money when they are clearly not.

Further to my question mentioned above, should NE physical was conducted I believe a few months ago, he may be OK now to perform at least from our's or Colts' judgement from physical point of view? Or, are we still missing something? Or, NE know something that we can't find from our physical checking procedure?

Go Texans!!

yeah gthe pats always release players when they have nothing left

signed,
ty law, lawyer milloy

Failed a physical? Maybe I missed it but please provide me with a link to where he failed a physical, because in the NFL if you are under contract and you fail a pysical you can't be released without an injury settlement.

There's been a whole bunch of talk about Colvin failing a physical, but I don't think there's a shred of credible evidence that it happened. The primary reason that Colvin was cut was due to a base salary for '08 of $5.5 Million, and a cap savings of $5.8 Million that resulted from letting him go. This also goes a long way towards answering the question of why Larry Izzo was kept when Colvin was let go. I don't know what Izzo's base salary is for '08, but in '07 it was less than $1 Million.

Oh, and I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to the day where we sign a 30-plus year old player who's had an injury or two (which is virtually every 30-plus player) who makes a positive impact for us. Maybe then folks will stop assuming the Ahman Green signing is an indicator of every veteran signing we'll ever make.

I heard that he failed his physical in New England too. BUT, after searching the net for any solid information, I came up empty. Everything I came across was based on reports or speculation. They were all similar to this article. Notice the word "reportedly".

Any body else have any luck? It appears to me as if the Pats used it as an excuse to cut his 5.5 million.

Colvin Gone
The New England Patriots terminated the contract of veteran linebacker Rosevelt Colvin on Tuesday. Saddled with a $5.5 million salary and $7.6 million cap charge for a 30-year old pass rusher

Colvin reportedly failed his year-end physical, which is what led to the roster move.

http://usc.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=732540

It is nice that you think I am assuming anything while that is all you have done. Look at the quotes above, I did not assume anything I was going by information I had.

Failed a physical? Maybe I missed it but please provide me with a link to where he failed a physical, because in the NFL if you are under contract and you fail a pysical you can't be released without an injury settlement. Just like the Texans did with that Center they jst recently released. That is also why Shaun Alexander took a physical before he was released by the Seahawks. It is in the collective bargining agreement. You talk about his injuries and say he is damaged goods, you do understand that before any contract talks began he did have a complete physical do you not?

Oh and bro as far as his speed that he had in his heyday, I am sure the coaches gave him those test during the physical to see what he had left as well. You act like our GM and HC are stupid and who just sign Colvin to this multi year billion dollar contract. As far as Colvin looking for more money than he is being offered, most likely. Most vets do, but as you can tell by him not being signed yet the team has a certain money area they are offerring and they are not budging from that. So it is up to Colvin to either accept or decline, you throw it out there like the team will cave and give Colvin all this money when they are clearly not.

Whoa, put them flames out bud. I was mistaken about Colvin's position in college. Hold up... here's one of a few articles that had me believing he was a OLB in college:

http://www.purdueexponent.org/inter...=2003/04/28&section=sports&storyid=odomdraft

Former Purdue linebacker Rosevelt Colvin played for Chicago from 1999 to 2002, but the New England Patriots signed him as a free agent this offseason.

Not to mention that he was listed as a OLB in the 1999 draft:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NFL_Draft

As far as his being released after failing a physical, that's what I read at several sites. Here's a couple:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/Transactions/2008/transfeb.htm
http://usc.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=2&c=732540

Here's some further substantiation from USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/texans/home.htm
In Colvin's last healthy season in 2006, he had 8 1/2 sacks for the Patriots. He was released by the Patriots on February 26 after a failed physical.

Now as far as thinking the brain trust of the Texans are stupid, come on man, I never said/implied that. I have the utmost faith in those two, along with their outstanding team of assistants. In Smithiak we trust, que no?

My point wasn't to question Smith/Kubiak, it was to say that we can't afford to give this guy what he wants. If you don't want to hear about Ahman Green, then how bout Tony Boselli? He was another 30 year old player that never contributed. Don't forget, he passed his exit/entry physicals too. Look, after back to back seasons with 17 players on the IR, we can ill afford to take a chance on another guy who has seen his fair share of time in the rehab room.

If he becomes a Texan, so be it. I'll cheer the mofo on louder than anyone, I'm just saying that I'm not a fan of the move if it plays out the way I think it will.

Colvin is a tweener so debating whether he is a rush end at de or a OLB used as an edge rusher is kinda moot.....he's a pretty good edge rusher who can play in space as an olb. He's a dynamic player...if healthy.

Shoulda kept Jason Babin and his cheap contract! :headhurts:

That said, and not being a fan of this possible move, I would still be OK if they decide to go with Colvin.

I happen to think that we have a good shot at the playoffs, so if we have money, go for the best FA you think is available.

Now knowing that Spicer is a client of Rosenhaus, I'm not counting on him to be available.
And I'm not a huge fan of Hayward after seeing him huffing and puffing at times last year.

comparing Babin to Colvin is like comparing Antwaan Peek to Jason Taylor. It doesn't matter how cheap the contract is if the player sucks.

comparing Babin to Colvin is like comparing Antwaan Peek to Jason Taylor. It doesn't matter how cheap the contract is if the player sucks.
No comparison.

Only that one guy has always been healthy, while the other one ... NOT!

And to have a pass rushing specialist, that's all we should pay.

To land a guy like Taylor, is a different matter.
I'll go for it straight away!

My understanding is Colvin had foot injury last season but should be no issue this year. He was cut as said prior posts due to $. If SMith signs him it should be for a reasonable package. I have seen nothing that indicates he is being looked at as a LB, rather a DE to help Mario. Like Vinny said, dynamic player. If healthy he could play both positions.

No comparison.

Only that one guy has always been healthy, while the other one ... NOT!

And to have a pass rushing specialist, that's all we should pay.

To land a guy like Taylor, is a different matter.
I'll go for it straight away!

Since Babin has been in the league, Colvin has missed five regular season games due to injury and Babin has missed the exact same number. Colvin missed all five of those games in 2007 (Meaning he played all 16 games in '04, '05, and '06). In 2007 Babin missed 14 games due to being inactive. Seems like a pretty cut and dry issue to me.

My bad about the injury issue.
I just hate to see a sequel of Ahman Green with older guys, that's all.
I'm not opposed to the acquisition, only the money, and also I'd like for us to reserve the roster spot for a young player to develop.

My bad about the injury issue.
I just hate to see a sequel of Ahman Green with older guys, that's all.
I'm not opposed to the acquisition, only the money, and also I'd like for us to reserve the roster spot for a young player to develop.

The thing that Smith and Kubiak look like they're doing a good job of is limiting the length of time that a bad contract can hurt you. If you look at the Green deal, it's essentially a two year deal, and while that seems like forever when you're living thru and injury plagued year (or two?), it's relatively short in the overall scheme of things. The Jacques Reeves contract was kind of eye-popping when it was first announced (relative to his perceived skill-level), but again, I think it's pretty cap friendly if a couple of years down the road they decide they need to jettison him. It's even more cap-friendly if they don't.

I've developed enough trust for the FO that I believe if they can't do something cap-sensible, they won't do it.

The thing that Smith and Kubiak look like they're doing a good job of is limiting the length of time that a bad contract can hurt you. If you look at the Green deal, it's essentially a two year deal, and while that seems like forever when you're living thru and injury plagued year (or two?), it's relatively short in the overall scheme of things. The Jacques Reeves contract was kind of eye-popping when it was first announced (relative to his perceived skill-level), but again, I think it's pretty cap friendly if a couple of years down the road they decide they need to jettison him. It's even more cap-friendly if they don't.

I've developed enough trust for the FO that I believe if they can't do something cap-sensible, they won't do it.
I'm with you!

The Texans need a pass rusher opposite Mario Williams. We all agree on that.

I don't think we have that pass rusher on the roster right now.

Colvin is a proven pass rusher, someone who can do so out of a three-point stance.

All we need out of Colvin is a year or two, so we can find and develop someone else to take his place.

Colvin is a proven pass rusher, someone who can do so out of a three-point stance.

All we need out of Colvin is a year or two, so we can find and develop someone else to take his place.

couldn't agree more

All we need out of Colvin is a year or two, so we can find and develop someone else to take his place.[/QUOTE]

Uh, any idea who? I do not see anyone on team for future. If you are talking about future players through draft or FA, I agree. Not to get ahead of myself but the next draft should wrap up most of our weaker areas if the last two work out as expected. Even if not, I see a DE, FS, OLB and perhaps a CB or LT depending on how those 2 spots are filled this season. We should have a very strong team going into 2009.

From ESPN Insider "Rumor Central"

Don't expect the Colts to pursue signing former Patriots linebacker Colvin, John Clayton writes. The Texans, who reportedly had Colvin in for a visit recently, have the best chance of landing him. The Colts have assembled enough pass rushers that they don?t need Colvin at the moment.
Hampered by a foot injury, the free-agent linebacker started only 10 games for the Patriots last season, registering four sacks. The Texans are viewing Colvin as a possible pass-rushing presence to complement Mario Williams.

I think they are trying to get a contract worked out that benefits both sides. I trust Smith will not sign sign him for any more than he is worth. I would love a one year deal, but I dont see Colvin agreeing to that. Here's to a good contract, a healthy Colvin, and a 2008 season to remember.:party:

Uh, any idea who? I do not see anyone on team for future. If you are talking about future players through draft or FA, I agree. Not to get ahead of myself but the next draft should wrap up most of our weaker areas if the last two work out as expected. Even if not, I see a DE, FS, OLB and perhaps a CB or LT depending on how those 2 spots are filled this season. We should have a very strong team going into 2009.

I really don't think we have that person on our roster right now. Hopefully we can pick up a two-dimensional DE that can play the run and pass opposite Mario in next year's draft, or at least find a pass rusher in the draft or through free agency. If Colvin proves effective this year, we may bring him back next year so we don't have to rush his replacement. Regardless, I would expect to see a long term solution on the roster by 2009.

I really don't think we have that person on our roster right now. Hopefully we can pick up a two-dimensional DE that can play the run and pass opposite Mario in next year's draft, or at least find a pass rusher in the draft or through free agency. If Colvin proves effective this year, we may bring him back next year so we don't have to rush his replacement. Regardless, I would expect to see a long term solution on the roster by 2009.

Next year's draft should be good at the top end if the juniors declare (Selvie, Florida; Middleton, Indiana; Evans, Penn State). Hopefully, we'll be drafting somewhere in the twenties, though.

Not all of our 30-something or near-30 signings have been disasters. N.D.Kalu, Jeff Zgonina, Salaam, Mark Bruener come to mind as solid contributors. The diff is I don't believe they were fishing for big bucks when we picked them up. Colvin on the other hand....

Not all of our 30-something or near-30 signings have been disasters. N.D.Kalu, Jeff Zgonina, Salaam, Mark Bruener come to mind as solid contributors. The diff is I don't believe they were fishing for big bucks when we picked them up. Colvin on the other hand....

That's the concern. They haven't done so well with their "bigger" FA signings. I think this is a concern around the league in general, now though, after the disappointments of guys like LeCharles Bentley and Nate Clements. This year, the top free agents were mostly signed by their own team.

That said, with the youth of this team, the defense in particular, I trust that Smith and co. are building for the long term and aren't going to tie up a lot of future cap space in someone with questions about his long-term health. They've probably also learned from their experiences with Green and Moulds.

From the Chroniclink above:
After two weeks of negotiations, the Texans are signing outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin today.

General manager Rick Smith and agent Kennard McGuire agreed on a deal that will bring Colvin to Houston to become an outside pass rusher opposite Mario Williams.

The Texans are hoping that Colvin, 6-3, 250, can provide another pass rush off the edge that was missing since last season.

Anthony Weaver will start opposite Williams. At this point, the Texans see Colvin as a situational pass rusher who can help solve one of the biggest weaknesses on defense.
So we will likely see Mario still switching from the right to left side, depending on whether Weaver or Colvin is in the game. I think Williams showed last season that he could rush the passer from either side, though he has stated a preference to play at LDE.

Props to Rick Smith for making this happen.

Looks like he's about to be a Texan...I wonder who gets cut?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5839758.html

My guess would be Kalu.

I like Kalu but he wears down as the season progresses. If we are going to be completive down the stretch we are going to need everybody contributing.

I am very excited about this signing. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Colvin not only play OLB but start. When he was in Chicago he was dominant next to Urlacher. Now he plays next to Ryans.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Colvin not only play OLB but start. When he was in Chicago he was dominant next to Urlacher. Now he plays next to Ryans.
I'd be very surprised to see Colvin at OLB. That was six years and a couple of major injuries ago that he played with Urlacher. In a different style defense than the Texans play, where Colvin rarely was asked to drop back in coverage. I think the Texans will keep Colvin fresh by utilizing him exclusively as a situational pass rusher.

Back