Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sheldon Rankins.

He lets one bad apple spoil the whole barrel
2 or maybe 5 etc...

Stay far away from the trash because the risk is greater than the reward. This isn't just a Derrick thing. Look around the league at how many highly rated players from Clemson have lived up to their draft billing vs how many have busted. For every Dexter Lawrence or Wilkins there's a Farrell or Dodd.

Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be the 2nd coming and I'll bet you in 3 years he will be the 3 rd best QB in the division.

2 or maybe 5 etc...

Stay far away from the trash because the risk is greater than the reward. This isn't just a Derrick thing. Look around the league at how many highly rated players from Clemson have lived up to their draft billing vs how many have busted. For every Dexter Lawrence or Wilkins there's a Farrell or Dodd.

Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be the 2nd coming and I'll bet you in 3 years he will be the 3 rd best QB in the division.
Isn't that simply a volume thing with how many players actually make it in the first place?

I'm pretty sure I can find you a similar volume of busts from any other big time school.

2 or maybe 5 etc...

give me any big school, and I can name busts galore. Fact is, more guys bust then become studs. How many Ohio St QB’s have been great?

Isn't that simply a volume thing with how many players actually make it in the first place?

I'm pretty sure I can find you a similar volume of busts from any other big time school.
I would rather gamble in other places than Dabo's guys.

I would rather gamble in other places than Dabo's guys.
Fair. Not liking the coaching is a valid thing.

I've felt the same about Notre Dame (even though I admit it's entirely arbitrary) guys because they never seem to work for us. Hopefully Pattersson breaks that curse.

You can take a spoiled apple, put it with good apples, and the good apples will spoil faster than if you hadn't put that spoiled apple in there.

When apples go bad, they release a chemical that cause apples close by to spoil.
Why wouldn't you just get rid of the bad apple? Does having one bad apple mean you will never eat apples again? No apple pie evermore?

Why wouldn't you just get rid of the bad apple? Does having one bad apple mean you will never eat apples again? No apple pie evermore?

That's kinda the point. If you have a bad apple, don't leave it in there.

The original saying was that just because one thing is bad, doesn't mean all those things are bad. Which is a saying with a good point, it's just that apples turn out to be a bad metaphor for the lesson (thanks to science).

So Clemson don't produce good players?
Seems like they produce some good DL. Other than Hopkins their WR's haven't lived up to billing. They've had decent but not star level guys for the most part. But I wouldn't risk a high pick one one of Dabo's guys. For every Lawrence or Wilkins there's a Farrell, Dodds, Gaines Adams. RIP

Back