Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Post Game Shock the World!!!

Texansballer74

The Marine
I believe the majority of the media had us losing. Quite a few members on here penciled this one as a lost. But our Texans said,” Hold Our Hot Darnit Beer”.

Man what a gutsy resilient win lady’s and gentleman. We made quite of few costly mistakes that could’ve cost us the game. But them boys kept their composure drove down the field forthe go ahead winning field goal.

Game ball goes to Noah Brown, dude was huge today. Singletary honorable mention because we haven’t seen a running game all darn year. CJ continues to show up and show out.
Defense was actually pretty darn good. They held Mixon in check, forced a few turnovers and brought the heat to Burrow ash.

Good win !

Let’s go Texans!

I mentioned in the game thread that it is obvious who the refs where pulling for. With that said, I wonder how much more Stroud needs to do to sway NFL favoritism towards the Texans. It is a fact that the NFL loves high octane offense and skilled QBs and have gone out of their way to assist/carry the ones who bring good NFL attention and attract new fans.

We are on a precipice where if we keep on this trajectory, we will begin seeing more and more calls go our way. And I for one cannot wait.

I believe the majority of the media had us losing. Quite a few members on here penciled this one as a lost. But our Texans said,” Hold Our Hot Darnit Beer”.

Man what a gutsy resilient win lady’s and gentleman. We made quite of few costly mistakes that could’ve cost us the game. But them boys kept their composure drove down the field forthe go ahead winning field goal.

Game ball goes to Noah Brown, dude was huge today. Singletary honorable mention because we haven’t seen a running game all darn year. CJ continues to show up and show out.
Defense was actually pretty darn good. They held Mixon in check, forced a few turnovers and brought the heat to Burrow ash.

Good win !

Let’s go Texans!
Yeah his yac on that last reception set up the game winning FG, but Stroud again was clutch plus a nice rushing TD sealed it for mine.

MVP - CJ Stroud (despite the awful pick)
Bunch of close runners-up -
Devin Singletary
Offensive line (best game by far this season)
Noah Brown
Sheldon Rankins
DeMeco Ryans (had this team ready to play and win as an underdog after an emotional victory)
Bobby Slowik - Questionable play calls on the last two drives before the very last possession. But outside of that. He had a wonderful game plan and had guys running wide-open all over the place. And...kept them off balance with run/pass.

I told a friend Friday that I don't think the Texans will win, but I think it will be close. I had it 34-30 Bengals. But I also said, if they can manage to win, this team is on a trajectory toward the playoffs and this team will be fully bought in.

Just amazing guys. I'm on a two-week high!

PS - COACHING MATTERS

Wasn’t able to watch live today, but just got caught. Another incredible performance by Stroud! That pick was awful, and was easily the biggest mistake of his career so far, but he regroups and follows it up with a game winning drive. That is impressive poise and maturity beyond his years. Amazing stuff.

Wasn’t able to watch live today, but just got caught. Another incredible performance by Stroud! That pick was awful, and was easily the biggest mistake of his career so far, but he regroups and follows it up with a game winning drive. That is impressive poise and maturity beyond his years. Amazing stuff.

yeah that pass confuses me because I’m sure Stroud saw the defender under cut the route

Good win !

Let’s go Texans!
Dang. The thread title scared me. I thought something bad happened after the game, lol.🫣

Devin Singletary
Noah Brown
Sheldon Rankins
DeMeco Ryans (had this team ready to play and win as an underdog after an emotional victory)
Bobby Slowik - Questionable play calls on the last two drives before the very last possession. But outside of that. He had a wonderful game plan and had guys running wide-open all over the place. And...kept them off balance with run/pass.

I told a friend Friday that I don't think the Texans will win, but I think it will be close. I had it 34-30 Bengals. But I also said, if they can manage to win, this team is on a trajectory toward the playoffs and this team will be fully bought in.

PS - COACHING MATTERS
I would have to add Ammendola to this list👏👏

ok, playoffs are a possibility now

It's surprising to me but I look at the remaining schedule and there it is.

Screen Shot 2023-11-12 at 5.10.06 PM.png

8 remaining games and there's not a single team on that list that's a guaranteed butt kicking. Obviously the Texans are highly unlikely to run the table. Just doesn't happen that way routinely but I don't think it's too crazy to see 5-6 more wins on that list if the coaches can keep them focused.

Devin Singletary
Noah Brown
Sheldon Rankins

PS - COACHING MATTERS
Why didn't Boone get a carry, or a catch... did he get a snap? What's going on with Boone?

Edge of your seat win for sure. It should not have been this close because there was some questionable decision making towards the end when we could have put this game away sooner. I hope they learn from this because we actually have a shot to play January football!

This was another character building win for the team. They have made a habit of cutting it close. And now they are starting to win those close games. Huge win today, changes the trajectory of the season.

Now this team has a legitimate shot at the AFC South banner. Players can get hurt across the board, but as long as Stroud is healthy this team has a chance. It’s nice to have a special QB like him on our side for once.

8 remaining games and there's not a single team on that list that's a guaranteed butt kicking. Obviously the Texans are highly unlikely to run the table. Just doesn't happen that way routinely but I don't think it's too crazy to see 5-6 more wins on that list if the coaches can keep them focused.
The Texans should be favored in at least 5 of the 8 games remaining in the regular season. They have tiebreaks over the Steelers, Bengals, and Jags. The job still has to get done, but I would suggest the Texans are actually favored to earn a playoff berth at this point.
Who would not want to play for Coach Ryans? That's what "culture" looks like.

I mentioned in the game thread that it is obvious who the refs where pulling for. With that said, I wonder how much more Stroud needs to do to sway NFL favoritism towards the Texans. It is a fact that the NFL loves high octane offense and skilled QBs and have gone out of their way to assist/carry the ones who bring good NFL attention and attract new fans.

We are on a precipice where if we keep on this trajectory, we will begin seeing more and more calls go our way. And I for one cannot wait.
This will be a 1st in franchise history if it actually happens.

^^^^
This

The fact he was able to put his mistake behind him and lead another comeback win was awesome. It's what the great ones do. BTW, the Bengals defense aren't slouches.

Hey Thorn should we still calm down a bit?
I'm so happy for Texans fans like you TB. You were always positive even when times were the toughest. BTW, my 3 yr prediction for them to make the playoffs looks possible as well as a 10 win team.

The team finally has depth. Times are good and only going to get better.

Last edited:
Forgivable for just a very few times in a year
But it always..... seems so vile.... like every time it's uttered it's like kicking a basket full of puppies into the back of a school bus of orphans, thats teetering above a burning hospital full of the elderly

If saying it were a news broadcast the only proper response would be that of the Hindenburg.... "Oh the humanity!"

But it always..... seems so vile.... like every time it's uttered it's like kicking a basket full of puppies into the back of a school bus of orphans, thats teetering above a burning hospital full of the elderly

If saying it were a news broadcast the only proper response would be that of the Hindenburg.... "Oh the humanity!"
Yeah I know it's a sickening feeling, but you look at the opponent and tell yourself to take one for the team

Back