Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Post Game Shock the World!!!

But it always..... seems so vile.... like every time it's uttered it's like kicking a basket full of puppies into the back of a school bus of orphans, thats teetering above a burning hospital full of the elderly

If saying it were a news broadcast the only proper response would be that of the Hindenburg.... "Oh the humanity!"
Kinda how I feel about the sisterbleepers.

Well said.

Just watched the game, awesome!

Bengals defense was so scared of stroud that Singletary lit them up!

I love it when Noah Brown is out there, knows where the D is soft and is hard to bring down.

Defense isn’t perfect but they are disruptive and frikkin tenacious all game long!

Great video. This and Ryan’s video from last game is educating me about winning in the NFL. Everyone wants to blow teams out and will ***** and complain about every mistake the Texans make during a game. But DeMeco likes winning on the last play of the game. Finishing. He’s been through this a few times as a player and coach. Funny how many posts I’ve seen recently saying if the Texans lose this game it’s on DeMeco or someone. But DeMeco tells me that a good team is defined by how they finish. Pretty much what Socrates said about living a good life. Ok back to the bourbon.

This was another character building win for the team. They have made a habit of cutting it close. And now they are starting to win those close games. Huge win today, changes the trajectory of the season.

Now this team has a legitimate shot at the AFC South banner. Players can get hurt across the board, but as long as Stroud is healthy this team has a chance. It’s nice to have a special QB like him on our side for once.
Surely our new coach, culture, success, etc is going to be attractive to additional quality free agents. Excited to see how that pans out..

The Texans should be favored in at least 5 of the 8 games remaining in the regular season. They have tiebreaks over the Steelers, Bengals, and Jags. The job still has to get done, but I would suggest the Texans are actually favored to earn a playoff berth at this point.

Who would not want to play for Coach Ryans? That's what "culture" looks like.
All we need to look to is winning our division. We're one game behind the Jags, and they have a tougher "rest of the way" to go.
If the season ended today, we'd have the 7th seed on the AFC side, we'd be in.

The truth hurts. Even so… I have a feeling we’ll make a flex game somewhere.
Especially if they stay hot.
The best shot at getting a flex game is week 16 vs the Browns, Christmas eve. Both teams should be in the playoff hunt. Good weather inside NRG. And there's opportunity to discuss the Watson drama, again.

The scheduled SNF games is a matchup of two losers, Broncos hosting the Patriots. That game is getting flexed out. The other competition will be the Vikings/Lions matchup.

I know it runs counter intuitive, but I kinda want the Jags to beat the tacks. I’d be ok either way but here’s my case. For one, that buries the tacks in last place and sort of removes them from any serious talk of a run toward the top. Changes their mindset and they go into more of a plan for next year mode. We play them twice, so thinking bigger picture. More importantly, If the Jags lose, they come in here like a giant mound of pissed off fire ants. I want them fat and happy and ready for a nap like Clark Griswald after eating a burnt Christmas turkey.

I get it…we aren’t sneaking up on the Jags, so that’s the flip side. But if they lose, their asses will be lit up like Clark’s house. Their hair will be on fire when they come in here. We don’t need that. Win…and they look like Jaba the hut.

I know it runs counter intuitive, but I kinda want the Jags to beat the tacks. I’d be ok either way but here’s my case. For one, that buries the tacks in last place and sort of removes them from any serious talk of a run toward the top.
The Titans are 3-6 and are not making a run anywhere but the top 10 of the draft. But they aren't beating the Jags, either. The Texans will have to take care of that at NRG a week from Sunday.

That's good stuff. Capitalizing on their mistakes. There were at least three other situations, just like that that we failed to make the play. We got to get better at those.
They will. Trent Green said during the broadcast that the Texans have more rookie snaps that any team in the league (Green said that, not me). This team is growing every week. One day you will be able to say, "I saw this from the beginning."

The best shot at getting a flex game is week 16 vs the Browns, Christmas eve. Both teams should be in the playoff hunt. Good weather inside NRG. And there's opportunity to discuss the Watson drama, again.

The scheduled SNF games is a matchup of two losers, Broncos hosting the Patriots. That game is getting flexed out. The other competition will be the Vikings/Lions matchup.

The problem with that is the Browns follow that game with a Thursday nighter. If they wouldn’t move yesterdays game because Cincy plays Thursday, they won’t move Texans/Browns either.

If you scroll down, in Week 15 (Dec. 17), there are three Saturday games that are TBD meaning, three matchups will be moved from Sunday to Saturday. I assume those will be a noon, afternoon and evening game. Technically speaking, "prime time" would be the evening game, no?

In Week 18 (Jan. 7), there are two such games (TBD) that will be moved to Saturday - my guess is an afternoon game and an evening game. The SNF game is also TBD that week.

The Cleveland vs. Texans in Week 16 (Dec 24) may be the only matchup where both teams are contenders. Colts vs. Texans in Week 18 (Jan 7) is possible/could be.

In the past, the league has done "switchouts", even network switchouts whenever it suits them...

Just still too much TBD at this point...

Back