Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 11: Arizona @ Houston

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
Texans come back home to host a Cardinals side coming off a win over the Falcons.
Texans will likely be favored, but I'm sure DR will be trying his hardest to keep our high flying boys feet on solid ground.
Kyler Murray looks to be in good health and form and is very fast.
I like our boys chances in this one but you cannot sleep on any team on any given Sunday.
This will be an interesting game to see how our guys focus after enjoying some recent success.
Texans look hungry and that is half the battle.
Texans by 10.

Either way, the Cardinals win this one.

We win, their pick is made that much more valuable.

They win, their pick from us is that much more valuable.

That said, I hope we make the pick they get from us worth so much less by the end of the season.

I think we will win this one. Texans are hot at the moment. Besides you don’t beat all the teams with good defenses and lose to the 2 worst teams in one season. Beating the buccs and following up with a win against the bengals puts this team on stroud 9. I expect us to carry this winning streak for a while

Murray is a guy you need to contain with numbers on your side.

If you let him evade the pocket; all the works of the entire line goes to naught.

Stay disciplined on the back end.

Mix it up a bit but nothing extravagant or risky.

The offense will (or should) score; eventually putting pressure on their offense to make a mistake.

Let our offense be the starter, and hopefully our defense will pound on their mistake - not unlike the Bengals game.

Trap game
Cardinals are wildly inconsistent. We learned how to lose games but now we’re learning how to win. With that being said, Demeco will have the boys ready to play. I know our coach will agree that the cardinals shouldn’t be slept on or taken lightly. This will be a test. Our first 3 game win streak. Can we do it? I believe so and our players will be motivated to get it done

I see them every week here and this is just all around a bad AZ team. We should take them out but this is the NFL so Slowik and Co need to stay aggressive, I’m not saying spy Murray but I’d go there on occasion.
This is a bad AZ team however they just beat the Falcons team that beat the Texans and also beat a good Cowboys team when they were hot. That said, they haven't won a game on the road yet. But with Murray back you don't know what you will get

This is a bad AZ team however they just beat the Falcons team that beat the Texans and also beat a good Cowboys team when they were hot. That said, they haven't won a game on the road yet. But with Murray back you don't know what you will get
The Texans lost to the Panthers so.... no team should be overlooked especially this season.

I hope we win, I think we should win, but there is no way I count AZ a win until it happens.

As I posted before, no matter what AZ wins in this one, win or lose their motivation is pretty meh as I don't believe they are clinging to PO possibilities.

Texans on the other hand a win is a double win. Keep season hopes alive AND diminish the pick value we give to AZ so I certainly hope the Texans play like they want it rather than like the count the win to early.

Texans should win this one. It’s a home game against a bad team. Murray is a threat but they did well against Lamar Jackson so shouldn’t have problems with Murray.

The key is not turning the ball over and making things easy for the Cardinals. Make them have to earn everything with long drives for points. You force that and they wont be able to keep up with Stroud and co.

I suspect he plays a lot of zone to keep eyes on Kyler. Not like that dude throws lasers. If offense has another good day, should make up for the few plays AZ gets away with

Murray is a guy you need to contain with numbers on your side.

If you let him evade the pocket; all the works of the entire line goes to naught.

Stay disciplined on the back end
In the back of my mind I'm hoping this is why WAjr hasn't been lighting up the box score... because the Texans are coaching him to be more disciplined before they unleash him.

He looked way more explosive in college & we're just not seeing it in the pros.

This game will help me determine if it's a coaching thing. If Kyler is able to affect the game with his legs I'll conclude our coaches aren't doing a good job coaching a controlled pass rush. But if they can keep Murray in the pocket I'll conclude they're coaching the long game.

I like our boys chances in this one but you cannot sleep on any team on any given Sunday.
No you can't. And the Cardinals have some momentum after a win over the Falcons last Sunday. They also have returned their starting QB and RB from injury. They are better than their record (2-8).

Kyler Murray is the type of player that can turn a close game on its head. And James Conner is a RB that can pick up 1st downs and maintain possession for the Cardinal offense. Their defense, however, has not shown to be the type that can dictate the game. With their newfound run game, the Texans offense should be able to score early and often. Keeping Murray at arm's length and have a comfortable double digit win.

Last edited:
Texans come back home to host a Cardinals side coming off a win over the Falcons.
Texans will likely be favored, but I'm sure DR will be trying his hardest to keep our high flying boys feet on solid ground.
Kyler Murray looks to be in good health and form and is very fast.
This will be an interesting game to see how our guys focus after enjoying some recent success.
Texans look hungry and that is half the battle.
Texans by 10.
Cards play hard so you cannot lay down.

I don't know how to predict this game, but Houston should win. I'm going to predict WAJ gets a sack and it starts a trend for the rest of the season where his pressures start turning into sacks. With Sting, Nelson, and Thomas playing together, I think the secondary buys more time for the front four.

Scrappy team whose play and effort isn't indicated in the wins/losses column. (Actually won my NFL pick 'em pool at work by picking Texans and Cardinals last week, so cheers for the $175)

This will probably be another one that's decided late so hopefully we can rely on getting the ball in CJ's hands with enough time to decide it.

Also hopefully we can put the whole "playing down to the competition" thing behind us and really show up and show out for this one. Kyler is a far better qb than the likes of Desmond Ridder and co so I'm optimistic about that.

Wasn’t it mentioned that the Cardinals would draft a new qb with our pick? I hope they can find a good one at 32.
I know this is a joke, but along the same lines I think it's insane when I see mock drafts talking about the Bears NOT taking a qb at #1.

Fields ain't it and even if he is trade him and make him a reclamation project for some other team. He'd still have decent value more than likely, but they really need a new direction. No way can you as an organization have the #1 overall pick in back to back years and pass up on potentially generational QB's. But then again, this is the bears.

I know this is a joke, but along the same lines I think it's insane when I see mock drafts talking about the Bears NOT taking a qb at #1.

Fields ain't it and even if he is trade him and make him a reclamation project for some other team. He'd still have decent value more than likely, but they really need a new direction. No way can you as an organization have the #1 overall pick in back to back years and pass up on potentially generational QB's. But then again, this is the bears.
Yeah, they must be kicking themselves right now for not taking Stroud, but they do have a chance to get a better qb than Fileds in the next one.

Yeah, they must be kicking themselves right now for not taking Stroud, but they do have a chance to get a better qb than Fileds in the next one.
I understood sticking with Fields going into year 3, but sticking with him into year 4 is just insanity. Especially when this year has a glut of great quarterbacks like Williams and Maye along with some other potential goods and greats down the board.

I understood sticking with Fields going into year 3, but sticking with him into year 4 is just insanity. Especially when this year has a glut of great quarterbacks like Williams and Maye along with some other potential goods and greats down the board.
I like Nix and Penix also. Not a fan of Williams mostly because of his immaturity..

I like Nix and Penix also. Not a fan of Williams mostly because of his immaturity..
He might not even declare but I'm really high on Sanders. I know I'm completely out there with it but Sanders is my #3 although Penix is close, but age and health edge him out.

I wish the Texans would take this approach.

Sunday they tried to start running the clock out with 4 minutes left in the game. I wish they'd have came out with the goal to get that first down as a higher priority than running out the clock.
It's a delicate balance but one of the things that I think is obvious is that there's a learning point for a rookie qb, rookie, OC and rookie head coach in that they're all still figuring out how to control the clock to end games. They've played around with different ideas to mixed success but haven't really found their groove with it yet.

It's one of the things the Pats in their dynasty years with Brady were so masterful with - Always ensuring that in a close game they were going to be the last team to score.

They did. That’s when Stroud had his second interception and gave the Bengals new life.
No... they tried to run the clock out. Two consecutive run plays. 1st down & 2nd down. I don't think that happened all game. They were in a have to pass situation (not because of down & distance, but because the run didn't get much on the previous two runs).

No... they tried to run the clock out. Two consecutive run plays. 1st down & 2nd down. I don't think that happened all game. They were in a have to pass situation (not because of down & distance, but because the run didn't get much on the previous two runs).
They also changed the type of runs that they did in that situation compared to what they'd had success with already in the game which was odd.

It was actually pointed out on the qb school breakdown that the runs we were having success with were out of condensed formations and lead-zone/lead stretch, duo, type runs and then we switched to counter and styles of runs that take longer to develop and it just didn't work.

Also he praised the decision to throw it when most others were criticizing the decision to throw instead of run (when the CB made a great play on the pass to Tank).

Really feels like Slowik was overthinking it there.

Last edited:
Also he praised the decision to throw it when most others were criticizing the decision to throw instead of run (when the CB made a great play on the pass to Tank).
I loved that. I love that they're willing to go for the kill shot. It's such a difference from the "trying not to lose" mentality I've become accustomed to the last decade.

I wish the Texans would take this approach.

Sunday they tried to start running the clock out with 4 minutes left in the game. I wish they'd have came out with the goal to get that first down as a higher priority than running out the clock.

I don't know what games some of y'all are watching but they picked up 8 yards on those 2 run plays. That's exactly what we've been asking for this entire season. I'd argue they should have run it again on 3rd and 2 but they didn't and Stroud threw the pick. The next series they picked up 7 yards on 2 runs. Perfect football if you ask me. But then they took a deep shot on 3rd and 3. Bad play call there IMO.

Back