Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans. TIE FOR FIRST!!!!

As I said last time, the Jags I never look past them.... but they've never scared me either. The reason is, no matter how good they may or may not be.... the Jags are gonna Jag until they prove they no longer do what the Jags do.... which is to shoot themselves in the foot.

The Jags, overall, are a better team than us. Which doesn't mean they'll win.
I'm not trying to rebut your post, but why do you feel that? The Jags have a one game lead, but the Texans did win head-head in JAX. The Texans are 4th in offense and 19th in defense. The Jags are 16th in offense and 20th on defense. I don't really see anything that would point to a definite edge between the two teams.

I'm not trying to rebut your post, but why do you feel that? The Jags have a one game lead, but the Texans did win head-head in JAX. The Texans are 4th in offense and 19th in defense. The Jags are 16th in offense and 20th on defense. I don't really see anything that would point to a definite edge between the two teams.

The Jags have been winning more games over the past few years than the Texans is all. I don't see a reason the Texans can't beat Jacksonville. I also felt that way about Carolina. LOL

If I'm being totally honest I don't see Super Bowl winning Jags HC coach Doug Peterson coming to Houston Sunday and losing a second time to the Texans in the regular season this year.
Do I want the Texans to win ? Of course, but if I'm being honest !

We seem to have the Jags number, but they did come here last year and curb stomp us, and they seem to play well on the road in general. Good, balanced team, and they are well-coached.

All that said, I favor the Texans in yet another nail biter IF the Texans play pretty darn clean. CJ needs to throw it to his guys, they need to limit penalties, limit blown coverages and big plays, and win the turnover battle…or make it a draw.

I will say 27-24 Texans.

If I'm being totally honest I don't see Super Bowl winning Jags HC coach Doug Peterson coming to Houston Sunday and losing a second time to the Texans in the regular season this year.
Do I want the Texans to win ? Of course, but if I'm being honest !
I think it's a good thing that the players will be on the field rather than the Super Bowl winning head coach.

We seem to have the Jags number, but they did come here last year and curb stomp us, and they seem to play well on the road in general. Good, balanced team, and they are well-coached.

All that said, I favor the Texans in yet another nail biter IF the Texans play pretty darn clean. CJ needs to throw it to his guys, they need to limit penalties, limit blown coverages and big plays, and win the turnover battle…or make it a draw.

I will say 27-24 Texans.
That’s because we were tanking. That’s the only reason we lost that game. And guess what we monkey stumped them earlier this year.

Them empty seats made them feel at home.

That's why DeMeco has been saying we need to get butts in the seats Sunday.

Some needs to tell them that the average Joe is still coping with grocery bills being 20-25% higher.

I also just got my home owners insurance renewal notice that is 20% higher with less coverage. They have this new names storm bs that had a higher deductible.

I also just got my home owners insurance renewal notice that is 20% higher with less coverage. They have this new names storm bs that had a higher deductible.
Lucky you. My homeowner's doubled.
My agent said there was a lower-price company but I'd have to replace my roof because of its age.
I didn't like either option.

I went to every home game and a few away games from Gary Kubiak's first game through Romeo Crennel's last game and never left early. I stayed for every miserable minute and the few good ones. I have come to enjoy watching from home. No traffic, no parking, better food, and colder beer.

I think we win this one but I'm not going even if they give me tickets.

The Jags have been winning more games over the past few years than the Texans is all.
Just 2022, actually. The Jags were 4-29 from 2020-2021, The Texans were a robust 8-25 during that period.

I just don't think Coach Ryans, CJ, Tank, or Anderson have to wear the Dark Period. This is their team. And they've never been a part of the previous laughingstocks.

Lucky you. My homeowner's doubled.
My agent said there was a lower-price company but I'd have to replace my roof because of its age.
I didn't like either option.

I went to every home game and a few away games from Gary Kubiak's first game through Romeo Crennel's last game and never left early. I stayed for every miserable minute and the few good ones. I have come to enjoy watching from home. No traffic, no parking, better food, and colder beer.

I think we win this one but I'm not going even if they give me tickets.

It’s safer at home too.

Remember the family that got shot driving home from an Astros game?

Not to mention the fight last year(?) at the concession stand. Or was it this year?

The beer ain’t any colder there either.

Yea for the average Joe they need to make some changes.

I would go if I could take the family (5 of us) for free. But I am not going to spend $500 for only 3 hours of entertainment.

I get a real “let them eat cake” vibe when they say buy tickets and come to the game.

Reaffirms this is entertainment first and football second.

49ers took their manhood 2 weeks ago. That team definitely struggles against westcoast offenses. Defense should have a good game. Jags oline is pretty weak. Im not bias either. I always choose the better qb and I expect Cj to move the ball up and down the field as usual

Factor in the Texans winning streak, the players believing in their qb and wanting to win for their great head coach, also blowing the jags out before and being at home this game, you’re leading the division if you win this and you have a fired up Texans team ready to kick some jaguars a**

Screw the jaguars, titans and bengals!! Time to cut your strings little puppets

rceb3et1kh2b1.jpg

My company bought 4 club level PSL’s the first year of the Texans and we gave them to employees as recognition.

Initially one of us managers would go and foot the beer and food bill for the other 3. Then budget cuts happened and that stopped, but the tickets and parking were covered.

Some years we joked it was punishment instead of recognition to sit through a game LOL.

Then we got a Dutch guy for a site director and he gave them up to save money.

I was watching the Chiefs and Eagles last night.

Thoughts on the game and AFC.

Travis Kelce is looking old. He is currently at his lowest YPC of his career. Remember he is 35. Mahomes regression? Jalen Hurts isn't my MVP!

Who is the clear favorite this year?

Texans window is wide open. Stroud and that offense will need to correct red zone issues this second half of the year, but this team certainly can beat anyone if they can get in. I suspect they will make the playoffs with their schedule.

But man is it more wide open than ever before.

While cost is certainly a good excuse for the individual (even if I still lived in Houston I wouldn't be able to make it to games as I just can't afford it right now) for the fanbase as a whole I don't think it works. Everyone else is dealing with the same economic circumstances Houstonians are and still packing the house for their teams. I still just don't think the fanbase is quite bought in yet.

Anecdote but my dad is someone I'd describe as an average Houston sports fan. I call him every weekend after the game and he still says he's expecting this train to go off the tracks. I'm not sure what it will take for the average fan to believe in the franchise again but I think that's the main issue.

Them empty seats made them feel at home.

That's why DeMeco has been saying we need to get butts in the seats Sunday.
I love it when multi-millionaires tell us working people how to spend our limited income.

I like JJ and DeMeco, but they're out of touch with the common people.

People are struggling, so spending $600-$1000+ to take your family to a football game is beyond a luxury for many of us.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Travis Kelce is looking old. He is currently at his lowest YPC of his career. Remember he is 35. Mahomes regression? Jalen Hurts isn't my MVP!

Texans window is wide open. Stroud and that offense will need to correct red zone issues this second half of the year, but this team certainly can beat anyone if they can get in. I suspect they will make the playoffs with their schedule.

The Texans could be a serious contender. This year. If we beat the Jags.

He’s had 10 surgeries that’s why he’s looking old.

I'll have a good idea of how far the Texans can go after the Browns game. That defense is so good that they apparently don't need even mediocre QB play to win.

While cost is certainly a good excuse for the individual (even if I still lived in Houston I wouldn't be able to make it to games as I just can't afford it right now) for the fanbase as a whole I don't think it works. Everyone else is dealing with the same economic circumstances Houstonians are and still packing the house for their teams. I still just don't think the fanbase is quite bought in yet.

Anecdote but my dad is someone I'd describe as an average Houston sports fan. I call him every weekend after the game and he still says he's expecting this train to go off the tracks. I'm not sure what it will take for the average fan to believe in the franchise again but I think that's the main issue.
They've gotta prove it.

Earn the benefit of the doubt.

Jag’s are further along in their rebuild than Texans. Lawerence in his 3rd year vs CJ in his first. Doug Pederson also has more games under his belt as an NFL Head Coach. Our belief is we have better counterparts than they have even if both are rookies.

Jag’s are further along in their rebuild than Texans. Lawerence in his 3rd year vs CJ in his first. Doug Pederson also has more games under his belt as an NFL Head Coach. Our belief is we have better counterparts than they have even if both are rookies.
The Texans have a better team than the Jags this yr, if healthy.

Good thing is the OL is beginning to jell and Singletary is an upgrade if his body can withstand the increased workload.

The Texans have a better team than the Jags this yr, if healthy.

Good thing is the OL is beginning to jell and Singletary is an upgrade if his body can withstand the increased workload.

What is the health status of Texans OL? Has Juice Scruggs been cleared to practice yet? If not it’s gotta be something more serious than a hamstring. How is Tunsil knee, will he practice Wednesday? Thought Howard got nicked up against the Cardinals? Mason has been solid and biggest surprise, in a good way has been Michael Deiter. Great effort by entire group to pick up assignments and overcome injuries, but we need those other linemen to comeback soon.

Back