Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 8 post game: Admit it, you knew it was going to turn out this way.

I did have a bad feeling. I was hoping it was just cause I had Texans PTSD.... and that we would leave out of there with a score similar to Steelers game.

But, with the Bye week to plan.....this is what was served.... I'm disappointed, but far from surprised.

Back to square one of the Texans convincing me the change is real and not the same ole..

I did have a bad feeling. I was hoping it was just cause I had Texans PTSD.... and that we would leave out of there with a score similar to Steelers game.

But, with the Bye week to plan.....this is what was served.... I'm disappointed, but far from surprised.

Back to square one of the Texans convincing me the change is real and not the same ole..
You can’t have Andrew Beck running routes. That’s fraudulent coaching. Stroud was off on some throws, definitely. You must not have Beck in that role.

Like I said a few days ago, I have TTSD. I had them as the better team, and taking it. Which also made me think they will lose. And it’s been this way since 2002. And it will probably be this way in 2102 and 2202. Except the holograms will be playing in our home in full 3D. So the Texans can just lay an egg right in our living room!

Very disappointed that Slowick didn't come up with any new wrinkles for the offense during the bye. Panthers defense knew what they were liable to do and were ready for it after that first drive. Pathetic playcalling in the second half particularly. Ryans was much too tentative with his playcalling at the end of both halfs. Stroud wasn't able to overcome the terrible playcalling for most of the game. Perhaps now reality will set in that this is still not a good team yet.

Very disappointed that Slowick didn't come up with any new wrinkles for the offense during the bye. Panthers defense knew what they were liable to do and were ready for it after that first drive. Pathetic playcalling in the second half particularly. Ryans was much too tentative with his playcalling at the end of both halfs. Stroud wasn't able to overcome the terrible playcalling for most of the game. Perhaps now reality will set in that this is still not a good team yet.

OL play left me still debating whether the running game is truly the problem. Until the OL shows they can impose their will on a defensive front…..I’m holding them accountable for the failures on offense. Slowick will get some blame as well for trying to impose the Texans running game, when there is no real run game to impose. I’d like to see Stroud given the opportunity to audible out of the called run play when the defense stacks the box with 8 defenders.

DB’s allowed far too many wide open options to Young, and Young didn’t disappoint. Ryans will shoulder a lot of the blame for losing faith in his defense down the stretch. His choice to go prevent after an amazing defensive series left me scratching my head. Not calling a TO before the 2-minute warning in order to utilize it as an extra TO really hurt. The defense might’ve got the stop and held them to a FG. Texans would’ve got the ball back with a TO and only needing a FG of their own to win the game.

The Texans get TB next week at home. Let’s see if the team as a whole learned from this loss. Hope Slowick uses the pass to set up the run game. Has to get back to the quick read and throw.

On a side note, get well soon Patterson…..really enjoyed your play at center this season. Hopefully Scruggs will be ready to play and show that he can man the position as good or better than Patterson.

The AFC South is not great, but we need to get things ironed out to be consistently competitive in years to come. What is the point of making the playoffs to get laughed out of the postseason? We are not there yet.

Defense is too soft at the wrong times. While they have had some solid performances they have left receivers wide open for chunk plays way too often. Whether it is more a player or scheme issue I'm not sure. It needs to get addressed.

Offense is up and down. We have a QB I feel that can make plays. Playcalling is still suspect and the O line is not solid enough. All the injuries make it difficult to evaluate.

Today was really discouraging.

Problem with the Texans is one of two things.

Slowik’s philosophy is way to run oriented to the point he is ignoring his teams abilities.

Or

He doesn’t trust CJ.

Either way, you can chalk it up to a Bobby Slowik problem.

CJ Stroud, Mr Media perfect just called Slowik out. He’s pissed.

OL play left me still debating whether the running game is truly the problem. Until the OL shows they can impose their will on a defensive front…..I’m holding them accountable for the failures on offense. Slowick will get some blame as well for trying to impose the Texans running game, when there is no real run game to impose. I’d like to see Stroud given the opportunity to audible out of the called run play when the defense stacks the box with 8 defenders.

DB’s allowed far too many wide open options to Young, and Young didn’t disappoint. Ryans will shoulder a lot of the blame for losing faith in his defense down the stretch. His choice to go prevent after an amazing defensive series left me scratching my head. Not calling a TO before the 2-minute warning in order to utilize it as an extra TO really hurt. The defense might’ve got the stop and held them to a FG. Texans would’ve got the ball back with a TO and only needing a FG of their own to win the game.

The Texans get TB next week at home. Let’s see if the team as a whole learned from this loss. Hope Slowick uses the pass to set up the run game. Has to get back to the quick read and throw.

On a side note, get well soon Patterson…..really enjoyed your play at center this season. Hopefully Scruggs will be ready to play and show that he can man the position as good or better than Patterson.
There's no reason for both Slowick and DR to go soft.
They had been agressive on both sides of the ball at least in all of the wins.

Every time they go soft; they lose.

If it's not on Vegas + the NFL; this loss has to be on the Texans' coaches, especially after a bye week.

Problem with the Texans is one of two things.

Slowik’s philosophy is way to run oriented to the point he is ignoring his teams abilities.

Or

He doesn’t trust CJ.

Either way, you can chalk it up to a Bobby Slowik problem.

CJ Stroud, Mr Media perfect just called Slowik out. He’s pissed.
They need to settle this quickly. Hannah, Cal, Gumby, Uncle Fester, Jack Easterbaby from behind a two way mirror in an easter bunny costume..I don't care...Whoever is calling the shots needs to squash this quick.

If we have to go on the search for another QB.... so help me.....

Very disappointing, especially after the freaking biweek. The offensive didn’t look prepared. They’re not pushing the ball down the field. They are not running any freaking screens. Dude just have to run jet screens with a 160 lb darn receiver. Dude just got out of the concussion protocol man. He suppose to be the receiver who stretches the field for you. 229 total yards Slow. Come on

This game was the worst performance from our special teams I have seen in a very long time - WTF Frank? Although I consider CJ a franchise QB, I don't want to have to depend on him making a spectacular play to win the game.
We are 3-4 and this is at least the second game we gave up the lead late in the 4th quarter. If we have the lead in the final minutes, I expect the defense to step up and win these type games. C'mon Demeco, this is your expertise!!!!

Last edited:
Good news. It looked like the Texans spent the bye week working on their running game. Bad news? Their solution to fixing the running game seemed to be getting 165-pound Tank Dell to run the ball more.

How the hell does Dell get as many carries as targets? Especially when they needed the short passing game.

Last edited:
They need more difference makers on offense. The play calling or coaching always gets blamed around here when things go badly. Truth is the talent needs to be improved upon. I know he's hurt right now, but can you imagine adding Achane to this offense? You dont even have to imagine what the offense would look like. Look at Miami's offense, they've got a worse OL than the Texans have, but with playmakers like Hill/Waddle/Achane that offense keeps DC's up at night.

They need more difference makers on offense. The play calling or coaching always gets blamed around here when things go badly. Truth is the talent needs to be improved upon. I know he's hurt right now, but can you imagine adding Achane to this offense? You dont even have to imagine what the offense would look like. Look at Miami's offense, they've got a worse OL than the Texans have, but with playmakers like Hill/Waddle/Achane that offense keeps DC's up at night.
The play calling gets blamed because coaching matters. Not many teams can have Hill, Waddle, Achane and even Mostert at the skill positions. So, coaching matters. Especially when the OC has to scheme players open who are not Hill, Waddle or Achane.

Last edited:
A huge part of losing this game was the delay of game penalty taking them out of FG range. I dont know if that's on Slowik or Stroud, but that cant happen particularly at that point in the game.

The play calling gets blamed because coaching matters. Not many teams can have skill players like Hill, Waddle, Achane and even Mostert at the skill positions. So, coaching matters. Especially when the OC has to scheme players open who are not Hill, Waddle or Achane.
If they ever want to become contenders they're going to have to find those type players. 3 yrs ago Miami didn't have those type players either.

This game was the worst performance from our special teams I have seen in a very long time - WTF Frank? Although I consider CJ a franchise QB, I don't want to have to depend on him making a spectacular play to win the game.
We are 3-4 and this is at least the second game we gave up the lead late in the 4th quarter. If we have the lead in the final minutes, I expect the defense to step up and win these type games. C'mon Demeco, this is your expertise!!!!

Is it the horses, or the horse trainer?

Same, every bit of what you wrote. I stopped watching at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and went to the gym. They had it on there so I watched the rest of the game out of the corner of my eye. I’m not sure how I’ll watch next Sunday or how much but I’m not very enthusiastic about the rest of the season. Just a deflating game. At no time did they look good today against a poor team.

In terms of playcalling and scheme, I think there is a gap between the Texans' idea of what they want to be (run first- deep play action) and what the talent says they are ( pass to set up run)... the Panthers were weak against the run coming in also.

The play calling gets blamed because coaching matters. Not many teams can have Hill, Waddle, Achane and even Mostert at the skill positions. So, coaching matters. Especially when the OC has to scheme players open who are not Hill, Waddle or Achane.
Exactly. The play calling was very conservative. And again why isn’t he running those aggressive plays that worked in the three wins? I don’t understand why he’s not making teams stop him verses this game by game planning. He did this trash against Atlanta.

Same, every bit of what you wrote. I stopped watching at the beginning of the 3rd quarter and went to the gym. They had it on there so I watched the rest of the game out of the corner of my eye. I’m not sure how I’ll watch next Sunday or how much but I’m not very enthusiastic about the rest of the season. Just a deflating game. At no time did they look good today against a poor team.
🫣

Oh I thought hi
I am going to vote no as he is correct and he seemed to be referring to the offensive coordinator not Demeco Ryans. But heck I was wrong about the final score. So what do I know?

Oh I thought his comments were well articulated and absolutely true. I’m just worried this may cause some animosity internally. Too many rookies all around including Slowick and Ryans.

A huge part of losing this game was the delay of game penalty taking them out of FG range. I dont know if that's on Slowik or Stroud, but that cant happen particularly at that point in the game.
That was a bs call too. That ball was hiked at 0. It's supposed to be a click after 0. Ryans could've called a to. That's the 1st delay of game penalty all year I think. On that drive, it seems like they were trying to take the air out the ball.

Back