Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

dalemurphy

Hall of Fame
Can we get it going at Third Base again? I'll definitely be there for week one. It would be nice to take over that back room again and then ride the winning streak into the playoffs. I'll drag Barrett and a small crew there. Bigwig, will your crew be there? I'll gladly deal with the GM to make sure we have a setup that works for Nitrohonda.

Second, I'm thinking Home Game Caravans! Who has season tickets and drives down in time to tailgate. It might add another dimension to this season's SUperbowl run!!!!

Is this game on Austin local channels or Sunday Ticket?

I am nervous about Vince taking over half our games up here...

I would like to join in on a few game this year. Third Base sounds good to me.

If they haven't changed their management then no. The manager knows how to work it. He does not like the closed captioning on despite what he may have told some of you people in the past. Period. Because he feels that it would distract from his other customers. I've had him personally tell me this. The only option that he's willing to do is caption them from the Network rather than changing a single TV over and captioning all the TVs would distract the rest of his customers according to him. That's the issue that I'm having with them. The last I heard, he's still the GM there. I was just there about three weeks ago during the day eating while I was waiting for my girlfriend to come out of the plastic surgeon's office right next door which is the only reason I went back in the first place.

I happened to bump into Ben (he's the guy who set up the whole thing for Third Base. Rides a stunt motorcycle. Hard to miss it outside. A sweet black R6 with the transformers logo.). I was STUNNED because Ben is my former Supertiendent's (sp?) son and we grew up with him. It had been 15 16 years since I saw him last. He's very very familiar with the Deaf community and is an expert signer. He used to skateboard with us students growing up since he lived on campus with his father and family. It was great seeing him so I explained the situation to him and he said that he would take care of it!

Alas, the response came back the same from the GM. Ben's now hopping mad and has stated that he would seek further review with the owners of Third Base on the GM's disregard for the ADA laws. He claimed that he was in real close with the owners. I believe him but at the same time, I'll believe it when I see it.

My feelings on the matter remain staunch. The GM has to go before I return to Third Base. Period. I'm fairly confident that he will be gone but until I receive confirmation, I'm going to continue to attend the bar that I went to alone for most of last season.

As for the caravan... ARE YOU NUTS??? I'm SO in! I've got a minivan and a babysitter. Fits seven people. Five open spots. Or.... *shudder* a bus? That option was once offered last season for the Denver game but it fell apart due to lack of commitments (myself included. I had to back out for a reason which I don't remember at the moment. Funds maybe?)

What about Pluckers? I have never been to the downtown one before, so I don't know the setup but if it is like the one in RR it would be an option.

As far as caravanning, I would be probably down for that for a game maybe two. I plan to make it a weekend visiting family on the other side of Houston a time or two (hopefullly my Dad's cancer will be in remission and I can bring him out to a tailgate), and I might do the hotel thing once in the season.

Hey Guys,
I've never met y'all but I live in Round Rock and have season tix to the games since year 1. We tailgate in the Blue Lot, we're the Battle Red Bunch', do come by if you are at a home game.

That being said, after the debacle with keye last year, I got a Dish. But it would still be coool to find a place that Texans fans could call home.
As I see it, at 3rd base we'll just always be a very small niche, since they cater to all games.
We need to find a place that's small, has a good tv, and can truly cater to Texans fans. The Saints have the SHoal Creek Saloon, we need a small place like that.

One place, Ihaven't contacted them about it, that fits that bill is La Morada restaurant up at Parmer and Mopac. They have a room, big screen, great food and drinks. We could maybe set up there and watch, get them to get some Texans stuff on the walls, it would be really cool.
Anyway,
just a thought
Gary

ideally i would agree. i know i always reference the packers but it's because i have detailed knowledge of their system since i married into one of their kind. billy's bar over on burnet and handcock is the kind of joint you are describing. the guy who owns it is a packer fan. it's a tiny bar and they pack it in. it's great.

the key to that though is that the owner is a packer fan. just like at shoal creek, the owner is a saints fan... i think you see where i'm going with this. you'd be hard pressed to find a houston texans fan in austin. much less one that happens to own a bar.

if one exists then it's a no brainer. until then, i vote to keep it at 3rd Base. ASSUMING YA'LL SHOW UP. (which i lost faith in last year.) Big Wig was right.

anyways, I vote to keep it there because if you keep changing it up every year nobody knows where to go. (other than those of us who are obsessive and check the message board 5 times a day) on good days there were 20 or 30 people there that i didn't know and had no idea how they knew about the back room at 3rd base.

speaking of the back room, that's kind of the main reason i'd like to keep it there until we find a Texans owned bar. Having that back room to ourselves (IF YA'LL SHOW UP) kind of gives us that "bar of our very own" kind of feel. That and again, it's centrally located. I think that's key. We've got fans spread all over town. If it's too far north the south austin guys have to travel twice as far and visa versa if it's too far south.

If the people turn out, we can turn any medium sized bar into HT central. we were plenty loud for the Carolina game.

as for Nitro vs. The GM... that's appalling to me. I'd like to think someone who is connected could bully this dolt into doing exactly what we tell him.

Hey Guys,
I've never met y'all but I live in Round Rock and have season tix to the games since year 1. We tailgate in the Blue Lot, we're the Battle Red Bunch', do come by if you are at a home game.

That being said, after the debacle with keye last year, I got a Dish. But it would still be coool to find a place that Texans fans could call home.
As I see it, at 3rd base we'll just always be a very small niche, since they cater to all games.
We need to find a place that's small, has a good tv, and can truly cater to Texans fans. The Saints have the SHoal Creek Saloon, we need a small place like that.

One place, Ihaven't contacted them about it, that fits that bill is La Morada restaurant up at Parmer and Mopac. They have a room, big screen, great food and drinks. We could maybe set up there and watch, get them to get some Texans stuff on the walls, it would be really cool.
Anyway,
just a thought
Gary

The problem with a small place is that we need it to have DirecTV and the Ticket because we're in Austin and at least 3 games will be blacked out in favor of Tennessee and another game will be blacked out in favor of Dallas.

We had that kind of bar you all were talking about. Owned by a huge Texans fan, free food supplied, yes free, pizza, hot dogs, and killer drink specials. We had this place all to ourselves, but no one showed, only a handful and then no one but myself. The Saxon Pub was the place, but the north austinites said it was too far south, and the the rest didnt shoe because the team was losing, so we moved to 3rd Base.
The Saxon is open to the ides again, or I could find out, but after 6 years of trying to get people to show and coordinating all of it I am done. I have an email list if someone wants it, and I will inquire about the Saxon but thats all I can do. Y'all let me know if thats what you want, otherwise we can do what ever the majority says here, heck I even opened my home to doing it and only Specnatz showed, I have the Ticket and a 56" Samsung , but not going to do that again.

What about Pluckers? I have never been to the downtown one before, so I don't know the setup but if it is like the one in RR it would be an option.

Umm, Pluckers is a UT bar. I know the owners and they are UT fanatics. That would be hell! I do like their wings though.

Yes, they are UT fanatics that's for sure. But as a regular at the Round Rock location I can tell you they usually have the Texans games on with sound to support a Texas team. Unless that is the cowpies are playing at the same time, then you know the drill.

I sent you a PM once but didn't get an answer so I'll ask you here, are you a Pluckers club member and did you get on the plaque on the wall, there's a guy on there with your same username you use here?

Yes, they are UT fanatics that's for sure. But as a regular at the Round Rock location I can tell you they usually have the Texans games on with sound to support a Texas team. Unless that is the cowpies are playing at the same time, then you know the drill.

I sent you a PM once but didn't get an answer so I'll ask you here, are you a Pluckers club member and did you get on the plaque on the wall, there's a guy on there with your same username you use here?

That's not me, I don't think.

i live in leander and have 4 season tickets ( cheap seats ), i wanted to make 3rd base for the road games but it's to long of a drive (especially when my wife will drop me of down the street where they have the ticket), i heard it was a nice place. i promised my self at the end of last year that i'd make at least one gathering so i hope you guys figure out something. i'll even make 3rd base if i have to. there's not alot of room here for texan fans between the cowboys and horns

I'm in Round Rock as well, and after making the road trip to 3rd base for about the first half of the season, I started camping out at Pluckers in Round Rock too. They had the games on inside too, but watching at the outside bar was better, even when with the cold, it just made it better. The bar tenders and Managers had a good time with us as well. They would have the Texans, Titans, and Cowboys on if all were playing at the same time...and boot the Titans game to a smaller TV if there was a conflict. Just too convienient for my Bronco buddy and myself to pass up. It's where my buddy and I will be again this year.

I'm in Round Rock as well, and after making the road trip to 3rd base for about the first half of the season, I started camping out at Pluckers in Round Rock too. They had the games on inside too, but watching at the outside bar was better, even when with the cold, it just made it better. The bar tenders and Managers had a good time with us as well. They would have the Texans, Titans, and Cowboys on if all were playing at the same time...and boot the Titans game to a smaller TV if there was a conflict. Just too convienient for my Bronco buddy and myself to pass up. It's where my buddy and I will be again this year.

I saw you there last season and said hi, introduce myself, etc. It was during one of the games that keye showed the tits over the TEXANS.

I'm all the way in Del Valle but I'd love to join you two. Is this just a two person sort of thing or would you like to have some additional loud Texans fans with you?

I have a place but it's lonesome all by my self on gamedays. You should see the looks that I get sometimes screaming with nobody around me. You should know. We've met.

All I want is one tv with the closed captioning on. I know Pluckers will comply. Just one single TV. The rest do not have to have them on. Just one.

We had that kind of bar you all were talking about. Owned by a huge Texans fan, free food supplied, yes free, pizza, hot dogs, and killer drink specials. We had this place all to ourselves, but no one showed, only a handful and then no one but myself. The Saxon Pub was the place, but the north austinites said it was too far south, and the the rest didnt shoe because the team was losing, so we moved to 3rd Base.
The Saxon is open to the ides again, or I could find out, but after 6 years of trying to get people to show and coordinating all of it I am done. I have an email list if someone wants it, and I will inquire about the Saxon but thats all I can do. Y'all let me know if thats what you want, otherwise we can do what ever the majority says here, heck I even opened my home to doing it and only Specnatz showed, I have the Ticket and a 56" Samsung , but not going to do that again.

you continue to break my heart BW. and the sad thing is, you've got every right. man was i frustrated come last seasons end. i just don't understand after those first few games that were SO MUCH FU(KING FUN for EVERYBODY why people didn't keep coming back? and the fact that we COULD have the Saxon all to ourselves is even more frustrating. all i can hope is that when we start winning this will be easier.

in the mean time, i'm going to assume that there will continue to be a centrally located austin watch party until the fan base picks up. lets get it done!

ideally i would agree. i know i always reference the packers but it's because i have detailed knowledge of their system since i married into one of their kind. billy's bar over on burnet and handcock is the kind of joint you are describing. the guy who owns it is a packer fan. it's a tiny bar and they pack it in. it's great.

the key to that though is that the owner is a packer fan. just like at shoal creek, the owner is a saints fan... i think you see where i'm going with this. you'd be hard pressed to find a houston texans fan in austin. much less one that happens to own a bar.

if one exists then it's a no brainer. until then, i vote to keep it at 3rd Base. ASSUMING YA'LL SHOW UP. (which i lost faith in last year.) Big Wig was right.

anyways, I vote to keep it there because if you keep changing it up every year nobody knows where to go. (other than those of us who are obsessive and check the message board 5 times a day) on good days there were 20 or 30 people there that i didn't know and had no idea how they knew about the back room at 3rd base.

speaking of the back room, that's kind of the main reason i'd like to keep it there until we find a Texans owned bar. Having that back room to ourselves (IF YA'LL SHOW UP) kind of gives us that "bar of our very own" kind of feel. That and again, it's centrally located. I think that's key. We've got fans spread all over town. If it's too far north the south austin guys have to travel twice as far and visa versa if it's too far south.

If the people turn out, we can turn any medium sized bar into HT central. we were plenty loud for the Carolina game.

as for Nitro vs. The GM... that's appalling to me. I'd like to think someone who is connected could bully this dolt into doing exactly what we tell him.

Let us keep it at Third Base. I feel like the Texans crowd "owns" that place. They gave us good support, because we gave them good support. I think we have some leverage, at least enough to convince Management to do the intelligent thing and turn on one of the toobs to closed captioning.

As far as my attending every week (no one came out after me personally, so i want to be clear that i did not take it as such), I can tell you all right now, I will not be there every week. I think a little north of 50%, closing in on 75% is about right for me, given my family duties. Spec has met my fam, he knows how much I groove on em. It's a blessing and an obligation, one i am happy to uphold.

Point is: folks have responsibilities to tend to. The key to success at 3B, to plant the Texans flag and hold the turf for us, is to reach a sort of "critical mass". If 50% of that mass turns out each week, then we "rock the house, big time." (/quote of squirrelly Russian dude on the Visa commercial)

The Carolina game was absolutely insane. I mean SICKLY insane. Shoulder to shoulder. Beer everywhere. People standing on chairs. It might be unreasonable to expect that every week, but if we can get 4 of those games, plus a "high hum" on most of the weeks, I would dare call that a rousing success.

Let's hold the turf. Let's hold 3B.

best,
rick

Let us keep it at Third Base. I feel like the Texans crowd "owns" that place. They gave us good support, because we gave them good support. I think we have some leverage, at least enough to convince Management to do the intelligent thing and turn on one of the toobs to closed captioning.

As far as my attending every week (no one came out after me personally, so i want to be clear that i did not take it as such), I can tell you all right now, I will not be there every week. I think a little north of 50%, closing in on 75% is about right for me, given my family duties. Spec has met my fam, he knows how much I groove on em. It's a blessing and an obligation, one i am happy to uphold.

Point is: folks have responsibilities to tend to. The key to success at 3B, to plant the Texans flag and hold the turf for us, is to reach a sort of "critical mass". If 50% of that mass turns out each week, then we "rock the house, big time." (/quote of squirrelly Russian dude on the Visa commercial)

The Carolina game was absolutely insane. I mean SICKLY insane. Shoulder to shoulder. Beer everywhere. People standing on chairs. It might be unreasonable to expect that every week, but if we can get 4 of those games, plus a "high hum" on most of the weeks, I would dare call that a rousing success.

best,
rick

we need to keep Barrett's fat *ss off those chairs though!

Unfortunately, I can't do the bar thing, as much as I'd love to. I will probably be having a couple of BBQ/Cookouts during the season at my house if anyone wants to come.

I got a 60" LCD HDTV with surround sound.. and y'all are more than welcome to bring brews for yourselves if need be.

best,
rick

The Carolina game was amazing at 3B. I still can't get over how incredibly loud it was. A rousing road win against a favored opponent will do that. When the Texans got that special teams TD after causing a fumble on one of the kickoffs, it was unclear whether or not the TD would stand - but man, when the ref said "after further review, it is a touchdown" that place positively exploded!!

Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Just west of downtown Austin - right at the edge of West 6th before Mopac. Ample, free parking, tons of TVs, pretty easy to find and get to.

best,
rick

You have an awsome family Rick, and your son is a wildman with lots of energy and I am sure it is a full time juob keeping up with him.

we need to keep Barrett's fat *ss off those chairs though!

Is it 3 chairs now that are on IR?

Im totally down for meeting up for the games in Austin. We should get some shirts made. Yeah I know im a dork but I think it would be cool. Maybe with our handle on it as well, in battle red of course.

I think 3rd base sounds pretty decent, but....I think it would be great to find a place that is ALL ours, I don't want to be even around cowboy fan, and anytime, we play at 3pm and dallas plays at 3pm, which will happen a couple of times this season, you know who will be pushed to the back.

We just need a place where it's TEXANS fans...Ohio State has taken over Sam's Boat, the Saints have shoal creek saloon, we need our own place.

Just my thoughts, but nevertheless, would like to meet up somewheres with Centex TEXANS fans

Im totally down for meeting up for the games in Austin. We should get some shirts made. Yeah I know im a dork but I think it would be cool. Maybe with our handle on it as well, in battle red of course.

That kind of dorkiness speaks to my soul!

I think 3rd base sounds pretty decent, but....I think it would be great to find a place that is ALL ours, I don't want to be even around cowboy fan, and anytime, we play at 3pm and dallas plays at 3pm, which will happen a couple of times this season, you know who will be pushed to the back.

We just need a place where it's TEXANS fans...Ohio State has taken over Sam's Boat, the Saints have shoal creek saloon, we need our own place.

Just my thoughts, but nevertheless, would like to meet up somewheres with Centex TEXANS fans

We need to find the owner of a bar that is a Texans fan. Anyone have any ideas or connections?

I'm all the way in Del Valle but I'd love to join you two. Is this just a two person sort of thing or would you like to have some additional loud Texans fans with you?

I have a place but it's lonesome all by my self on gamedays. You should see the looks that I get sometimes screaming with nobody around me. You should know. We've met.

All I want is one tv with the closed captioning on. I know Pluckers will comply. Just one single TV. The rest do not have to have them on. Just one.

The more the merrier!

I just now saw your post Nitro, sorry for the delayed response. I usually only go out if the game is not going to be on local channels. I a broke down and got the ticket last year a few games in and then even couldn't get one game with the ticket, I think that is the time I bumped into HookinReds. It was not a planned event, but there was him and a couple other Texans fans there as well. Point is, you are more than welcome to join me or anyone for that matter, I am sure the close captioning would not be an issue at all, the bartenders/managers are cool there. But I usually only leave the house if the game is not on local TV. I am not getting the ticket this year, that's for sure. I could certainly plan on meeting up there though even if the game is on locally, just to enjoy the atmosphere and get some awesome wings. Let's keep that idea handy as the season gets closer.

As far as 3rd Base and the big gathering, I went to the Season Opener last year and had a great time, it was a ton of fun, and I had a blast meeting a bunch of posters and high fiving, etc. But as much fun as it is, I just can't make it downtown that much, maybe once per season. Between the kids, my wife, a few trips to Houston for home games that takes care of most of our getting out on Sundays. And when I do, it's pretty darn convenient and cheap to go down the street to Pluckers.

I'm the Dork that can set you up! Let me know!
:fans:

Nice!!! I wonder if the Texanstalk powers would let us use the name on the shirts. I guess if so we could just use Texans Fan club Austin. Maybe battle red shirts with white lettering :).

The more the merrier!

I just now saw your post Nitro, sorry for the delayed response. I usually only go out if the game is not going to be on local channels. I a broke down and got the ticket last year a few games in and then even couldn't get one game with the ticket, I think that is the time I bumped into HookinReds. It was not a planned event, but there was him and a couple other Texans fans there as well. Point is, you are more than welcome to join me or anyone for that matter, I am sure the close captioning would not be an issue at all, the bartenders/managers are cool there. But I usually only leave the house if the game is not on local TV. I am not getting the ticket this year, that's for sure. I could certainly plan on meeting up there though even if the game is on locally, just to enjoy the atmosphere and get some awesome wings. Let's keep that idea handy as the season gets closer.

As far as 3rd Base and the big gathering, I went to the Season Opener last year and had a great time, it was a ton of fun, and I had a blast meeting a bunch of posters and high fiving, etc. But as much fun as it is, I just can't make it downtown that much, maybe once per season. Between the kids, my wife, a few trips to Houston for home games that takes care of most of our getting out on Sundays. And when I do, it's pretty darn convenient and cheap to go down the street to Pluckers.

Which pluckers do you go to, the one in Round Rock ?

i can honestly say that i never made it past the lemon pepper drums at pluckers. that's all i get and am totally satisfied each time like the first time. i can make it there or to the lakeline location.

We need to find the owner of a bar that is a Texans fan. Anyone have any ideas or connections?

See my quote below from the first page of this post.

I would also like to add, that for several years now I have ran the "Austin-Houston Texans fan club" and there is always tons of chatter here but the numbers dont lie. When it comes time to show up at the "voted establishment" based on chatter from these threads they just dont match.
What I am saying here is I have tried so hard every year and it may start with a bang but by game 6 or 8 its really a dud.
I have an email list of over 60 TExans fans who signed up for these watch partys but only a handful really showed up. I made every road game watch party even when I had season tix, and sometimes I was the only one there.
If you all get it going more power to ya, and I hope you do. Anyone who wants to take on the weekly emails and posts and emails I sent out, just pm me and I will turn over "the list".
One off the main issues has always been north or south, and that was never settled, except I did meet a few from N Austin when we were at 3rd Base.
I hope to see all you I met before real soon, lest get it going somewhere, thanks.

I would also like to add, that for several years now I have ran the "Austin-Houston Texans fan club" and there is always tons of chatter here but the numbers dont lie. When it comes time to show up at the "voted establishment" based on chatter from these threads they just dont match.
What I am saying here is I have tried so hard every year and it may start with a bang but by game 6 or 8 its really a dud.
I have an email list of over 60 TExans fans who signed up for these watch partys but only a handful really showed up. I made every road game watch party even when I had season tix, and sometimes I was the only one there.
If you all get it going more power to ya, and I hope you do. Anyone who wants to take on the weekly emails and posts and emails I sent out, just pm me and I will turn over "the list".
One off the main issues has always been north or south, and that was never settled, except I did meet a few from N Austin when we were at 3rd Base.
I hope to see all you I met before real soon, lest get it going somewhere, thanks.

BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.

The Carolina game was amazing at 3B. I still can't get over how incredibly loud it was. A rousing road win against a favored opponent will do that. When the Texans got that special teams TD after causing a fumble on one of the kickoffs, it was unclear whether or not the TD would stand - but man, when the ref said "after further review, it is a touchdown" that place positively exploded!!

Definitely one of the highlights of the season.

Right there with you. Easily one of my best memories of 2007, and 2007 was a very good year for me.

BigWig, I'll take over the list if nobody else wants it, but since I have season tickets it might be best to find someone who stays in town during home games. Regarding the Saxon Pub, does it have the Ticket?... because as we all know, we need to have a bar that shows the Texan games when the local affiliate chooses to show VY and Bud's gang.

He hasnt had it but since we bailed on him I did hear a rumour he went and go it because of KEYE, he even wrote protests himself. I like Joe( the owner) a lot and would love to go back there due to the easy in and out, free food( maybe not anymore), coolstaff, and no other fans of any other teams. But no one seems to want to do that. I will only ask him if we get a lot of people wanting to try it, and I mean "concrete" amount because I tried and tried to get people out an no one showed for 3 years. At one time we had some of the famous "Blue Crew" show up. That 2-14 yr really hurt us.

i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....

i'd love to make saxon a reality. really i would. they'd have to have the ticket so we can guarantee that we're on. location shouldn't be an issue. but apparently it is for texans fans. that's why i always pitch for central because it splits the "pain" of having to drive somewhere to equal for both areas. apparently there are other issues as well and that's fine.

(it's important that i try to repair my sour attitude that i have about it.)

but it's not fair to a place like the saxon if they're going out of their way to give us a place all our own and we're flaking. i'd think that there would be 3 or 4 of us religiously but that might as well be a living room somewhere.

officially my vote is either 3rd Base or Saxon. Saxon is ideal in everyway so long as it's a constant with the ticket. if it shuts down by week 8 and we're looking for a new home then it's not worth it because we're back to trying to drum up awareness of our location somewhere else and we've lost any momentum that we gained from last year.

on that note, as much as Saxon seems ideal, I think we should keep it at 3rd Base for now. Maybe we have a better season this year. maybe we solidify our location. Too bad that it wont be there though. if ya'll vote for Saxon then great too. But I'm going with sticking with 3rd Base.... Or Saxon... or 3rd Base... or saxo....

I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.

I would like to see us stick with 3rd Base. I think continuity is key.

Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!

well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Let me throw another wrench into the discussion...Third Base is opening up another location in Round Rock!!! 3107 S. IH 35 Suite 810 Round Rock, TX 78764. For those familiar to the area, it's in the Target parking lot in one of those unfinished buildings between Target and Sportsmans Wearhouse/Best Buy (basically in the Target parking lot), or about 500 yards East of Joy. The building that they are finishing out looks to be about the same size, and peaking through a tear in the plastic covering the windows, looks alot like the same layout inside, with the addition of a very large patio area on the South side of the building that was completly shaded when I was there @ 6pm I think. Should draw a big Dell crowd during the week for lunch and happy hour if they do it up right. There will be plenty of parking becuase it's in the middle of a parking lot and convienient to get to from 35, Louis Henna, and the toll road.

How about them apples!

well that certainly underminds our attempt at creating a "home base" for texans to come together and root for there team. if that's what you're asking?

Those apples look wrotten to me.

I am not driving all the way from Buda to Round Rock. If that is where everyone wants to gather I might see yall for a game or two but just to far for me. Yeah I know there is only a few of us that are south like Bigwig, RickyB and myslef.

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?

wasn't trying to be rude by the way. more like bad funny. i understand the geography issue of course.

Back