Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

I screwd up ok geesh. It is not like you have never changed plans cause of a woman.

Two words for you: "P-Whipped"

Thats what separates the men from the boys.... Men lay down the law to their women, boys do as they're told....

*prepares to get smacked by every lady on the board*

I'm just saying "holla, people." It's been a while, and I've been hella-busy with work and home.

Looking forward to Week 1. 3B v Pitt.

all the best
rickyb

if by slackers you mean me arriving at 11 consistently then yes... it's true. i am what you say i am.

see you sunday bw!

i expect my table to be set up and ready to go!

We only save tables for the early comers, no slackers!

if by slackers you mean me arriving at 11 consistently then yes... it's true. i am what you say i am.

see you sunday bw!

Fine we will have a table for you but no chairs you have to stand all game long. It is costing thirdbase too much money for you to watch games there.

My television went out and the warranty just expired. Dude is coming out to look at it on Friday. If he can't fix it, I will be there.....by 11 am.

BTW, please let me know if there are any fluent Spanish speakers attending. I am taking Spanish classes and would like to converse in Espanol.

I told some of my buddies (bucs fans) that I would watch at 3rd base North. So ill try to make it week 2 to 3rd base downtown. If anyone is going up north PM me and you can come cheer on the Texans along side me.

My television went out and the warranty just expired. Dude is coming out to look at it on Friday. If he can't fix it, I will be there.....by 11 am.

BTW, please let me know if there are any fluent Spanish speakers attending. I am taking Spanish classes and would like to converse in Espanol.

How is the TV fixing going KT? I sorta hope it is not fixed so I can buy ya a beer at 3rdbase.

What's the status of the captioning? Has someone received some kind of assurance that they'll accomodate you or is that yet to be resolved?
Yet to be resolved nor do I care. I can't forget how much fun I had at last season's season opener. I'll be joining the two fellows from TexansTalk at Pluckers in Round Rock beginning next week and so on but the first game has to be at Third Base. It was electric and I felt as if I was at the game.

Thanks, Spec. I hope you get it solved so I can at least enjoy this game to the fullest. Only one TV has to have it. Not all of them. I'm easy to work with!

Yet to be resolved nor do I care. I can't forget how much fun I had at last season's season opener. I'll be joining the two fellows from TexansTalk at Pluckers in Round Rock beginning next week and so on but the first game has to be at Third Base. It was electric and I felt as if I was at the game.

Thanks, Spec. I hope you get it solved so I can at least enjoy this game to the fullest. Only one TV has to have it. Not all of them. I'm easy to work with!

I am not promising anything or what TV it will be on but if I get there early enough they can do there thing.

...and when I was there at RR 3b earlier this week, they had captioning on one tv up front over the pool table.
I know. The guy who installed the TVs over there is the Texas School for the Deaf's former supertiendent's son, Ben. He's very pro-active when it comes to things like that.

Ironic...

man, i bought ribs, fajitas, sausage and beer to watch the game at home....and now I wish I hadn't so I can go down to third base. I didn't think I would be up early enough to make it down!!

Dammit. You guys have fun, i'll make it down soon enough.

I will be at South Austin hospital , my stepmother has a valve in her heart that
collapsed
. Hopefully she will recover and can with stand the stress of bypass surgery.

I'll be watching from my couch. Sorry I had to give into KEYE's power, I don't want to drive downtown plus pay $20 for food there.

I'll miss the "Houston Texans for a first down" chants that 80% of the people there gives. You guys were really fun last year, have fun again this game. :fans:

I will be at South Austin hospital , my stepmother has a valve in her heart that
collapsed
. Hopefully she will recover and can with stand the stress of bypass surgery.

My condolences, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

All my best wishes and prayers for you and your Mom Ax!
You didn't miss much. We got hosed by a bunch of refugees from Nawlins, they took the best tables, then we only got 1 sometimes 2 screens to view it. I went by The Saxon Pub after the game and talked to the owner and he told me he does have the NFL ticket now and he WILL be showing the Texans. They are also starting somethin new with food over there. I'll be sending Bigwig a copy of the menu that can be posted as soon as I figure out why my brand new scanner isn't working.

There were a handful of fans at RR 3b, and the game was on about 10 screens or more, with sound. As 3pm got closer Cowgirl fan started to move in. Good service, and nice eye candy.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and prayers . Hopefully she will
be ready for surgery on Tuesday and I will see y'all at 3rd base next Sunday.
:tiphat:

I really don't think I wanna watch the Texans in a public place after what I saw yesterday. How embarrassing to be a Texans fan this week.

I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

As long as the game is on regular TV I will probably stay home, when the games are not I will be at the Pluckers in RR, which we know is going to happen at some point, this week I will be in Houston for the Baltimore game.

*edit - wow this was post 3K and I didn't even realize it.

Last edited:
Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.

7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

:thinking:

7 ppl from the boards? ........... um...........k.........there was spec, kt, bigwig, me..........who else was from the boards?

:thinking:

you, me, kt, spec, texinator, dale murphy, barrett
dale and barrett were to you left, fyi.

Sorry for letting you guys down, but I couldn't make it Sunday because I had to go to brunch with the in-laws. Yay.

I am not going back to 3rd Base, I am going to the Saxon. I will not pay $4 for a beer and $ 9 for a burger only to be told we can have two screens and be stuck in the middle of all the other teams fans.
I poster here before, we can have the Saxon to ourselves, and pay less for drinks, and there is no problem with parking. Since there were only 7 people from the boards and two stray fans, thats only 9 people it seems everybody has plans and alternate places to be and as I have been griping about ever since I started this thing a few years ago.
Anthony I am sorry to hear that about your mom, I will send some prayers your way and hope to see you soon.
Thansk to Kevin for making the effort to talk with the Saxon, so lest have a good watch party there, I know this next game it will be weaker than this one because its a home game so we will make do but next away game I expext to see y'all there. If any of you want to go to 3rd base have at it. They have lost my business and afew others too I am sure.

sounds good wig. saxon it is. see you in two weeks.

Ummm. I was there too as well as my family.

Captioning couldn't work out once again. Eh. Not really a big surprise.

What a dismissal showing by the members of the board as opposed to last season's opener. There simply weren't any fans out there and those who DID show up left. I stayed until the final tick and on my way out, I watched Favre steal away a win from the Dolphins.

Adios, Third Base.

I mostly just lurk on the board, but I was there as well. Third base was horrible in seating people. First they tried to put us in a room where there was no possible way to watch the game. We moved ourselves to that back room where ya'll were but I ended up having to look straight up at the tv above me to see the game. I'll have to check out Saxon Pub for the next away game.

Come on down, we have the place to ourselves. Obviuosly the Ravens game wont be shown or at least not on the big screen because of the live music they have there.

The only night game is the Jax game. I will watch that at home most likely but the others I am going to the Saxon.

Back