Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

AUSTIN fans! Where are we gonna watch?

Hopefully the team gets on a roll and we have enough interest to support several Texan bars in the metro area.

Got my tickets today!

Maybe we ought to scrap this thread and start two new ones.
#1 North Austin Fans! Where ya gonna watch?
#2 South Austin fans! Where ya gonna watch?

We will always have this division and its pointless to try and get either to budge. Not to mention the chance of seeing cherries on the way home from a long drive is not worth it.

Dont forget the south always won the good ole Austin tug of war!

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week. I'm not organizing anything, but I also won't be traveling that distance except maybe on occasion when there are a couple establishments within 5-10 minutes from my house...just didn't want to start a new thread ROUND ROCK and surrounding areas north of Austin fans! Where are we gonna watch?

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

It kills me, more than you know, to agree with Specnatz... But, there it is.

It's pretty ridiculous to suggest a Round Rock location. Look, I live in the suburbs also. With that decision is an unspoken agreement that I'll be driving some distance to things... Break down the word (sub urban). Central Austin is the obvious and only realistic spot for area wide fans of the Texans to meet. If you live in the outskirts and are not willing to drive 20 minutes for it, start a new thread titled, "I need the world to be more accomodating to me", or something like that. This thread is titled, "Austin Fans, where are we gonna meet".

Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic. :thinking:

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

Just throwing out options for those that are north of Austin and don't believe downtown Austin is within their comfortable driving range every week

At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.

Nice pissing contest we got going on here.

All of a sudden an MB member can't post comments in this thread, because you say.......(gasp)...it's off topic. :thinking:

Everybody needs to quit piling on Hookinreds, damn all he said was:

At no point did he suggest to move the gathering up North.
He even said he would make the longer drive on occasion, just not every week.

HC some of us was just giving him some ****.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.

HC some of us was just giving him some ****.

Like I said I would make a game or two but could no way make all of them. It would be like someone in sugarland going to the Woodlands to watch a game it is not viable option is all.

Ten-Four. FWIW, I understand and agree, which is why I won't make it to 3rd base that often. It's not something I can do every week or even close being a) I live in RR, b) i am going to some home games. c) my wife and I usually watch the games together if they are on regular ole TV, if not we would have to get a sitter or I go by myself. But last year when I went, I had a great time with all the fellow Texans fans, it was so much fun, high fiving, ranting and raving, I wish I could do it more, but because I can't it does make it special. :texflag:

There you have it folks, Moses has returned from the mountain top with life's direction.

back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.

back to the issue though, all agreed we'll keep the centrally located 3rd Base for now? hope the sub-urban fans can make it out sometimes as well. the more the merrier.

I am all for central location. ThirdBase was and is fine with me. :texflag:

First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.

First of all, I have never gone out to see an away game here in town with y'all but it would be nice to meet up here with fans and then to see you guys again at the Reliant Tailgate for home games, I always watch at home on the dish, that being said, I live in Round Rock and if we are going to show up in true Texans force, we need to have a central meet up spot.

If it's 3rd base then it 3rd base, or if its Saxon pub then it should be there. My only thing is it needs to be a place where Texans fans get the biggest TV, not regulated to the corner tv because the dallas or tenn team is on another channel.

There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.
:texflag:

Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.

Don't get me wrong...I think Third Base should be Home Plate as well, had a great time there with and with out my 8 year old son for the multiple games we were there.

And it was good meeting you. (Patrick, right? if memory serves me correctly...)

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.

Hey I understand about the long drive. That's cool. Maybe we can schedule 2 games or so where everyone convenes at the downtown location. Just a thought.

How about the game at Green Bay and then the AFC Divisional playoff game?

How about the game at Green Bay and then the AFC Divisional playoff game?

Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.

Like I said I preferr the central location, but if for say a 3pm game it is scheduled for RR I would do the long ass haul there but there is no way I could do that every for game.

Keep Austin Third Base the HQ, and we'll just have a satilite locaiton in RR, (hell, I haven't even talked to Mama Beaver yet about it) and make "road trips" whenever. Road trips are sometimes the best part of any season.

If axman40 shows I need to show he owes me $20 from last year!:kingkong:

And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....

And you owe me $60 from two years ago. I WILL be making the Austin (away) games and unfortunately the home games, as I had to give up my tickets. Looking forward to getting re-aquainted guys.....

Whats this about, I never borrowed bucks from you man??
I will believe it when I see it, you didnt make any games last year as far as watches go.

I'm great with keeping it at 3rd Base. I wish they could have worked out their issues for Nitro, and sometimes their service was slooooow... and um... at the Denver game, when there were no seats left at the Texans table, their waitstaff moved me like three times (I was there alone and taking up a full four-seat table, so that was understandable, but still... three times!)... but I just keep going back to that Carolina game and how awesome it was. I won't make every game, but I'll show up when I can.

Also, all of you owe me $20 each.

if i'm not mistaken everyone owe's me a jameson on the rocks. remember? come on guys...

I think your fat ASS needs to mix in a diet drink or water so you do not IR any more chairs. No prob on the jameson cause you owe me a shot of Patron.

There is the problem how many folks can we count to show up week in and week out. The more the merrier and better set up.
:texflag:
[/B]

I'll go to Saxon cuz its closer or Third Base(did it last year), but only to the games that aren't shown. If they're shown, I'm staying home. (Sunday's my only day off)

I plan on watching most games with ya'll at Third Base. I was there last year for a few games (KC, Carolina, and Tampa) but confined myself to a seat at the bar. I'm especially looking forward to Sundays this year because I'm finished with grad school so I can let loose for the Texans instead of stressing out over the reading/writing/research assignments I had to complete most Sundays.

Well if it's the 3rd base then so be it. I have talked to Joe @ Saxon and he has dish so............? If majority want s to go to the 3rd I'll tag along too. I don't really care being as I'm such a mild, timid fan during the games. Noone would hardly notice me anyways. Ax....and Spectz.....you guys owe me a shot everytime you get to see my beautimous smile.
Now lets go kill some competition!

Nice to see your still around. I thought bu now you might have drank yourself into oblivion!
I would love to go back to Saxon but all the comments on here point to 3rd base. I will wait and see , when things die at 3rd base I will go over to Saxon. I like Joe a lot and he was good to Texans fans I will make a couple at the Saxon for old times sake.

I'm definitely up for the Saxon. As some of you know, I'm not a fan of Third Base. I'm going whereever you guys are for the first game then going to stick with the Round Rock guys at Pluckers or the Saxon if we all move over there for the rest of the season.

Saxon is closer for me. What about food there? Third Base is about a C to B- on the food. The service was always good though. You guys decide.

Right now I think our first away game I will do at 3rd Base, then the fisrt home game I will go and watch with Joe at the Saxon. It seems that when we had a home game no one would come to 3rd base, WAIT, after the first few games no one came to 3rd base anyway what am I talking about. Oh well sticking with my plan for now.

Right now I think our first away game I will do at 3rd Base, then the fisrt home game I will go and watch with Joe at the Saxon. It seems that when we had a home game no one would come to 3rd base, WAIT, after the first few games no one came to 3rd base anyway what am I talking about. Oh well sticking with my plan for now.

Since Saxon Pub has dish, let's do Saxon Pub... I know I can get Barrett there. What do you guys think? too late to work on a new plan?

Lets stick with the plan for 3rd base becasue 1530 am may have a presence there. Hookem was going to work on that. After that I am open to suggestions or the Saxon!

i know that a handfull of us are doing the season ticket thing. so that would explain some of the dropoff for home games.

I too was one of those, I even bought PSL's and have my name on the glass wall. I just couldnt do the drive and spend the time on the road it took every week, especially since I have a family now, in the first 5 years it was only me and the wife, and my other ticket holder also bowed out after awhile.

you know, dalemuphy goes with me so he always has a pair of tickets for every game that he's got to get rid of. we need to meet up down there sometime.

you know, dalemuphy goes with me so he always has a pair of tickets for every game that he's got to get rid of. we need to meet up down there sometime.

You know Spec an I might take you up on that one day. We could all split the gas, cut the beans and have a party.

Back