Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

3rd hand Texans rumor

Sooooooo, if there was a deal that was so ironclad that it was going to be announced at 2301 CST and here we are almost 12 hours later with no announcement - does that mean that it was just a rumor?

Sooooooo, if there was a deal that was so ironclad that it was going to be announced at 2301 CST and here we are almost 12 hours later with no announcement - does that mean that it was just a rumor?

Would seem so, or an agent is involved, or another team called to match/better the offer and the "rumored" RB is going for a visit there before here.

I generally tend to think that teams are worried that if they sign a guy that close to the opening of free agency, they'll be under scrutiny if not investigation for tampering.

So while I think that the rumour is just a rumour, the fact that they didn't sign anyone right away does not mean they don't have a wink-nudge deal in place.

This is a "rumor" thread :)

I know.

It just felt, at times, that we had moved a little past rumor stage.

Speaking of rumors, I heard a rumor from a guy I know who's married to a lady who's cousin works with a dude who used to work with a woman who was college roommates with a lady who dated for a brief span a man who used to be in the same bowling league with the sales rep that sells all of the Texans' athletic supporters that the team was in heated negotiations with the New Orleans Saints to trade our entire roster for Reggie Bush.

I know.

Speaking of rumors, I heard a rumor from a guy I know who's married to a lady who's cousin works with a dude who used to work with a woman who was college roommates with a lady who dated for a brief span a man who used to be in the same bowling league with the sales rep that sells all of the Texans' athletic supporters that the team was in heated negotiations with the New Orleans Saints to trade our entire roster for Reggie Bush.

GET IT DONE SMITH.

I know.

Nooooo, you're wrong. It's for Vince Young,

Nooooo, you're wrong. It's for Vince Young,

Negative.

Structural engineers deemed the retractable roof at Reliant as incapable of handling Vince's "wicked awesome-ness" on a week to week basis. They were afraid that by the third home game the roof panels would fly off causing great harm to those around the stadium.

Anthony,

I've heard it's true. I can't confirm these two players, but sources within the NFL who i went graduate school with tell me the Texans have aggressively pursued Green Bay RB Ryan Grant and San Diego RB Micheal Turner. Now, weather they end up with us or not, don't quote me on that. I have also heard that the Texans are very interested in CB DeAngelo Hall, since the Falcons have him on the market. Again, don't hold me to these players. That's what I've heard from around my circle of Ivy League colleagues. If I hear anything else, I will post it as soon as possible. Thanks -TH

=] It's not official yet, that's why nobody can publish it. They haven't signed anyone yet. I will just say that they have looked and are still looking at Ryan Grant, Micheal Turner, Derrick Ward, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Lamont Jordan,and a few others that I will list once I get them. I will be up all night, so feel free to check in with me throughout the night. It's 2:31am up here in the NE, so Free agency has already started at midnight. Just hang in there-TH

Lost,

Ya'll are killing me...LOL. It's not that I can't tell. It's because those RB's I mentioned and several others are on the table and Kubiak/smith are figuring out with Reeves who would be best for our zone-block and at the same time, they are trying to work out contracts with everyone of those RB's to see which one the Texans 1) can afford and 2) will have the biggest impact, without killing the salary cap, so that they can sign additional needed free agents. So, it's not like they have signed anyone "officially" yet. They are at this moment working the phones with those agents. My buddies who work for the Texans are even up at Reliant right now, because McNair requested they work through the night to make some headway on signings if they are able to. Hey, think about this, you guys are an hour behind me. So, I am having to stay up an hour later than my fellow Houstnoians/Texans readers, but I am very happy to do it for the readers. Heck, I want some news so I can move on to other things tonight. -TH

What about Grant is he a ZBS runner?

Not sure. He's young and could be taught. LATEST NEWS...

I was just told that Micheal Turner's agent, Bus Cook, stated that Turner just had rotator cuff surgery last week and will need 6 weeks of rehab. However, Houston, Chicago, and Tampa Bay are the three front runners for Turner's services (with the Texans in the lead). I just got off the phone with a colleague in the NFL. However, that doesn't mean Houston is going to land him. Please keep in mind if he doesn't come here to say that I said he was. I am just giving the readers the latest scoop from NFL sources and ex-classmates of mine who wouldn't make things up to me. -TH

I don't know about Grant as a ZBS. He's too young and probably never played in a ZB before. But, Kubiak/Smith/Reeves aren't just looking for players that have experience in the ZBS, they are looking for players that have the ability and intelligence to learn and excel in it. Dayne is the one going. That's why the Texans are probably going to get RB Mike Anderson (formerly of Denver and most recently Baltimore). Anderson will take Dayne's place. -TH

Pete,

Kubiak is trying to take care of the RB position via free agency and so that the entire draft can be focused on bolstering the secondary and pass rushing and some OL help. -TH

From what I'm hearing, Micheal Turner is asking for $ 23million. That's why San Diego said thanks, but no thanks. -TH

I can't give a specific answer because they have 4-5 RB on the table trying to get the best deal out of one of them. -TH

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/02/2008_free_agent_tracking_chart_1.html

Some bits from Thomas Hilton FanBlog.

Now I don't know if we should take this guy rumors seriously, he kept metioning Reeves, I'm assuming as the O-line coach. Weird...

Regarding Ryan Grant and whether he is a ZBS system back, the answer is yes. GB ran a lot of zone schemes with him, and he does a good job of making his cut and getting down hill.

Negative.

Structural engineers deemed the retractable roof at Reliant as incapable of handling Vince's "wicked awesome-ness" on a week to week basis. They were afraid that by the third home game the roof panels would fly off causing great harm to those around the stadium.

That's also why Chuck Norris is not allowed inside Reliant Stadium for long periods of time.

Back