Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Saints

Yates hasn't looked too impressive this pre-season. He needs more time holding the clip board before he is ready to start. I don't see him taking over for schaub when his contract ends.

Phil Simms has no clue. Daniels has been running this duck down play and Simms thinks he is having trouble with the snap...

If he would stop talking about himself and pay attention, he wouldnt sound like such a tool...

Phil Simms has no clue. Daniels has been running this duck down play and Simms thinks he is having trouble with the snap...

If he would stop talking about himself and pay attention, he wouldnt sound like such a tool...

He also hasn't yet realized that Chase Daniel doesn't have an 's' at the end of his last name.

Our backups are by and large playing pretty poorly. We don't have the depth that New Orleans has.

I'm pleased with the first half. Saints are gonna get theirs. I'd rather see the Texans make their mistakes now and work on them for two more weeks than have them cruise in this game over a less capable opponent and then spend the next two weeks kicking back while waiting to collect their easy win against Miami. After this game they'll be working hard for the next two weeks.

We need a RT. I was wrong about Butler and Newton is if anything worse. Hope one of them gets better on a steady diet of game reps.

You cannot overvalue OL. Texans are now without two guys who still would be starters, which means their back-ups are now starting. Not exactly a recipe for success.

34-27 Saints. Good reality check for some players and the team overall. Better get it straight quick cause it's a "what have you done for me lately" with our fanbase.... it's been to long and last year's flash won't cover more than last year,

Oh well. The first unit looked fine, but the o-line still didn't look good all game to me.

I'm going to listen to Coast To Coast, and go to bed now. :worldpeace:

My CBS feed (DirecTV) was AWFUL!!!!!!

So pissed off! Every two seconds, it was glitchy. I had to just quit it altogether in the second half.

Did anybody else's CBS feed glitch continuously all game long?

It was worse than a pirated Internet feed. And there's zero clouds or storms here where I'm at.

My CBS feed (DirecTV) was AWFUL!!!!!!

So pissed off! Every two seconds, it was glitchy. I had to just quit it altogether in the second half.

Did anybody else's CBS feed glitch continuously all game long?

It was worse than a pirated Internet feed. And there's zero clouds or storms here where I'm at.

Clouds do that to Direct TV........that's why I switch to ATT Uverse a couple of years ago.

I didn't hear any Hurricane Katrina references did yall? Caught me by surprise.

Well, during the Drew Brees worshi.... I mean "interview" he mentioned it while talking about the first game back in the Superdome.... after it had..... excuse me, I'm getting emotional here thinking of everything New Orleans and the Saints had to overcome..... Just gimmie a minute to compose myself.

Seriously, I haven't seen a game involving the Saints since Katrina that didn't have someone mention it. It's dead-horse broken-record material at this point. So sick of hearing about that ****.

It was something going on with the CBS-to-Local CBS-feed. Because I'm watching it on the Internet right now, via NFL Preseason Live, and it's smooth as butter.

My initial reaction of the 1's is that we still have the goods on offense, but there will be a learning curve if Newton remains the starter at RT. He has the size, he just needs the reps and thank God we have Miami at home for week 1.

Secondly, it really looked like the refs could have called a pick on Walter on Keshawn Martin's TD catch. Walter only touches his defender, doesn't touch the defender who was covering Martin...but still, there was a traffic jam involving Walter and the two DBs that sprang Martin for a wide open TD. I do not know the pick ruling very well, anybody care to help me out on it???

Haven't watched remainder of first half.

to many fumbles i just think our players were a little jittery or they just need to get used to what it feels like to be hit good thing thats what PS is for

TJ Yates is better than what he showed last night, it's looks like the back up O line isn't though.

Texans receiver Andre Johnson gave the team a brief scare after attempting to make a catch on a third down during the second quarter of Saturday’s 34-27 loss to the New Orleans Saints.

Johnson couldn’t hang on to the ball and rose slowly after getting on all fours.

“I landed on a piece of the ball when I hit the ground,” Johnson said. “I had a little shortness of breath walking to the sideline. When I hit, the ball kind of rolled. I was on all fours just trying to get my breath back or whatever. After that I was fine.”

Johnson said he had X-rays after the game that came back negative. He said he did not feel sore or like his ribs were bruised.

“They just wanted to pretty much take me in the back and check me out,” Johnson said.

Read the rest here:Link

Back