Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Jets- Monkey Stumped by The Worst Offense in the League

Injuries and weather have caught up to the team. We learned that even CJ Stroud will struggle on the road without his top 3 pass catchers in bad weather. And the running game/defense is not yet good enough to compensate.

The game was broken wide open once the first points were scored. Up to that point it was a matter of who would screw up first. Well this week it was the Texans and the landslide of mistakes continued from there.

Shake it off and move on to the Titans. The playoffs are still within reach but the Texans are going to need some unlikely heroes to emerge given all the injuries they’ve sustained.

Felt this one coming. Zach Wilson his whole career has either turned the ball over and or checked it down. Texans were horribly coached to defend the Jets….. 30 points to Zach Wilson. Media needs to go hard on Demeco this week. Why can’t the defense tackle or why are they out of position every week so frequently? Our linebacking core can’t cover. It’s the weakness of the team.

Offensively? Has anyone not named Tank Dell made a play for Stroud? The drops are ridiculous. It’s the NFL. It’s not like it’s Ryan Mallet throwing wobbly fastballs behind receivers. CJ throws possibly the most catchable ball in the league and week after week we are witnessing horrid drop after drop.

Team looked extremely unprepared out there.

Difficult to blame the weather, because when it was at its worst - in the first half - neither side's offense could make any plays. When the weather eased up in the second half, only one offense continued to look an anemic mess.

The coaches did not have the Texans well prepared, no one executed well, Stroud's body language was shockingly negative, and injuries have struck at the wrong time.

With Stroud almost certainly out, it's tough to feel positive about the remainder of the season after this one.

Big test of character for this young organization now.

I don’t have anything for the Texans or Demeco/Slowik this game…young teams lose games like this sometimes. We’ve seen this happen a few times now this year where the offense can’t get anything going and the defense holds for a time, but just gets gassed in the end.

You add in the absolute CRUCIAL injuries to 3 of our qbs 4 top targets..a performance like this was bound to happen.

This is why Meco & Slowik have been stubborn about continuing to try to force the run game when it hasn’t been working…much to fans’ dismay. Gotta be able to pivot when you run into good defensive teams and the elements start to come into play late in the season.

as far as I’m concerned, this year, we’re playing with house money.

This game felt like Saleh did a better job attacking the Texans version of the 49ers offense than Ryans and Slowik knew how to attack Saleh's version of the 49ers defense.

I just hope that whatever Saleh did to the offense that the next opponents cannot duplicate. Texans allowing Wilson and the Jets' offense to move up and down the field in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

1. Jets scored 2 TDs in their last 5 losses. Today, they scored 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter.
2. Texans went 1-12 on 3rd downs
3. The Texans WR group were 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards. Today, they combined for 4 catches and 32 yards.

Overall, just a bad performance from coaching to the players.

The first half was not too bad ending 0-0. But giving up 30 to the Jets in the 2nd half? Granted, the 3 FGs were gifts because the Texans couldn't get a 1st down on 4th down.

Statistically, just a horrible game for the offense. First time all year the word "pathetic" comes to mind. Lone bright spot, Singletary 13/65, 5.0 avg.

CJ probably out next week and Davis Mills in vs. the Titans. On the road. Early line is Texans by 3½ but that will probably change with Stroud out.

It's unfortunate, but I'm not shocked by the loss. It's a young team. Sometimes another team comes along and just whips ya'. Chalk it up to experience and move on to the Tits.

This team is headed in the right direction, but it's going to take some time and some hard lessons. As a fan, I'm patient for the big picture, and most importantly, my emotional state is independent of the outcome of any of it.

I just hope the Texans got the suck out of their system and Stroud or no.... destroy the Titans next week as a statement considering what the Titans will be wearing.

It's unfortunate, but I'm not shocked by the loss. It's a young team. Sometimes another team comes along and just whips ya'. Chalk it up to experience and move on to the Tits.

This team is headed in the right direction, but it's going to take some time and some hard lessons. As a fan, I'm patient for the big picture, and most importantly, my emotional state is independent of the outcome of any of it.
I am not yet willing to say that the Jets whipped us. Until I review, I think the Jets did what they do and the Texans did not do what they do.

This game felt like Saleh did a better job attacking the Texans version of the 49ers offense than Ryans and Slowik knew how to attack Saleh's version of the 49ers defense.

I just hope that whatever Saleh did to the offense that the next opponents cannot duplicate. Texans allowing Wilson and the Jets' offense to move up and down the field in the 2nd half is inexcusable.

1. Jets scored 2 TDs in their last 5 losses. Today, they scored 2 TDs in the 3rd quarter.
2. Texans went 1-12 on 3rd downs
3. The Texans WR group were 2nd in the NFL in receiving yards. Today, they combined for 4 catches and 32 yards.

Overall, just a bad performance from coaching to the players.

the game plan Saleh utilized is the same one Indy used..same one Carolina used..and the same one Jax used the 2nd game. Attack the linebackers with short quick crossing passes in the flats or in the middle to the RBs &/or TE’s & watch those guys run away from our LBs or break thru their and our dbs’ poor tackling attempts…..all the way down the field.

The offense will continue to be hampered as long as this is the OL the team sticks with. I’m not sold on Tunsil, Howard, Fant, Deiter, or Mason. Unfortunately, the Texans are stuck with Tunsil, Howard, and Mason next season due to financial obligations. Texans need another TE in the worst way to pair with Schultz so the position isn’t a single point failure. A RB “could” be needed, but this position is really hard to read with the OL playing in front of them.

Caserio and Ryans must, and I mean must, shore up the middle of the defense. Texans need a stud at DT, at MLB, and at SS. SS needs to be a big enforcer who can cover TE’s, SWR’s and RB’s coming out of the backfield.

The Texans could finish fairly competitive in regards to making the playoffs, but I’m also certain they’ll just come up short. Games they should’ve won will be the ones that haunt this season. As fans….no matter how this season ends, the Texans will finally have a team that would give us hope in the off-season.

The offense will continue to be hampered as long as this is the OL the team sticks with. I’m not sold on Tunsil, Howard, Fant, Deiter, or Mason. Unfortunately, the Texans are stuck with Tunsil, Howard, and Mason next season due to financial obligations. Texans need another TE in the worst way to pair with Schultz so the position isn’t a single point failure. A RB “could” be needed, but this position is really hard to read with the OL playing in front of them.

Caserio and Ryans must, and I mean must, shore up the middle of the defense. Texans need a stud at DT, at MLB, and at SS. SS needs to be a big enforcer who can cover TE’s, SWR’s and RB’s coming out of the backfield.

The Texans could finish fairly competitive in regards to making the playoffs, but I’m also certain they’ll just come up short. Games they should’ve won will be the ones that haunt this season. As fans….no matter how this season ends, the Texans will finally have a team that would give us hope in the off-season.

So is everyone done hating on Tytus Howard? Since he got injured last week the oline has been garbage and got their QB put into the protocol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is everyone done hating on Tytus Howard? Since he got injured last week the oline has been garbage and got their QB put into the protocol.

Yep, I’d pointed out that the stats showed the OL was playing great as a unit, especially in pass pro but also had begun to be productive running the ball, too.
I really don’t want to put Scruggs down because I think changing positions and coming back from injury as a rookie is a really tough situation but the change has at least interrupted the flow of this OL. Of course Dieter also came in as a new starter at Center at a similar time, too.

Gotta win this one ladies and gentlemen. We can not go down to East Rutherford and take these Jets lightly and lose this game.
Gotta win this one if the Texans are who you think they are.
I think we have a better picture of who the Texans are.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the direction the team is going & I expect them to continue to do things we didn't expect this year. At the same time, we're not that good. Some of us have let our emotions get the best of us & we're expecting things we shouldn't. Example:

Keys to the game:
Establish the running game. The weather is not going to be all that great so we have to get DS and DP going. Plus the Jets are not good.
Protection- last week CJ took a beating, we need him healthy for this quest to the playoffs.
I don't mean to be laying on you baller, this is just an example. This is not who the Texans are. Establish the run game... lol. Protect Stroud... pfft. The only way we're doing either is if Stroud gets in rhythm, gets into the zone & that did not happen today.
That said, they sometimes put it all together and beat good teams. Their 4 wins are over Buffalo, Philly (!), Denver and NYG. They lost by 3 to the Chiefs.

The weather was one thing. The first half of the game was a waste of time. We didn't get a feel for the Jets, we didn't get anything established. & I'm blaming the weather in addition to the Jets pass defense & pass rush. Texans just ran out of time. Would have been a totally different game if the weather wasn't an issue in the first half.

Zach Wilson. It's hard to game plan for a guy like that. After that break he was bound to play better than he had earlier in the season, he had some easy throws, but then he threaded a few needles as well. The weather cleared up for a little while & they were able to take advantage of it. Zach's passing, their run game & especially their screen game. After a couple of scores, the Texans were on their heels & the weather came back.

Just saying, I'm not blaming Slowick, DeMeco, the play calling, or anything like that. It's just one of those things. Things didn't go our way.

Now, I've gotta go change my Avatar.

Feel like this was just a 'perfect storm' game.

Injuries, coming out flat against a bad opponent, poor execution by the players, lack of adjustment by the coaching staff, a young/inexperienced team not properly engaged and not poised to course correct in the face off all of these elements.

Everyone today was, as my old man would say, egg-suckin' dogs.. and that was the result.

The truly sh*tty part was how predictable it felt going in. Hope this is as massive a wake up call/learning experience as it was an embarrassment.

Injuries and weather have caught up to the team. We learned that even CJ Stroud will struggle on the road without his top 3 pass catchers in bad weather. And the running game/defense is not yet good enough to compensate.

The game was broken wide open once the first points were scored. Up to that point it was a matter of who would screw up first. Well this week it was the Texans and the landslide of mistakes continued from there.

Shake it off and move on to the Titans. The playoffs are still within reach but the Texans are going to need some unlikely heroes to emerge given all the injuries they’ve sustained.

Let's just hope CJ can clear protocol and is OK for next week. Along with- Nico, Schultz and Anderson

The Texans are shaping up to be a home team. Home record 5-2 .714 away record 2-4 .334. Throw in all the injuries, the weather & looking ill prepared it was just too much for them. I was truly disappointed in their performance today. All we can do is try to put it behind us & move forward. At least this season games like this are the exception rather than the rule.

What makes it worse is the Jags & Colts both lost. We were playing a lesser opponent & had a real chance to gain a game on both of them. Oh well there's aways next week.

Something was up with this team today, weather honestly didn’t look that bad except a few spots where it got heavy. CJ looked as lost as I’ve ever seen him, worse than the Baltimore game. I felt the injury coming with the lost look on his face the receivers not getting open, runners shying away from picking up blitz and line not blocking for him it was like **** get him out of there. What was with the bad strategy at the end of the first half they had time and time outs were close to mid field and just said **** it?

Something was up with this team today, weather honestly didn’t look that bad except a few spots where it got heavy. CJ looked as lost as I’ve ever seen him, worse than the Baltimore game. I felt the injury coming with the lost look on his face the receivers not getting open, runners shying away from picking up blitz and line not blocking for him it was like **** get him out of there. What was with the bad strategy at the end of the first half they had time and time outs were close to mid field and just said **** it?

I agree. The energy was off. It just didn't seem like guys were playing very hard.

Let's just hope CJ can clear protocol and is OK for next week. Along with- Nico, Schultz and Anderson
I had a bad feeling before the game. Every now and then a game like this happens even to good teams and today it was the Texans.
No one put their hand up today to lead the way with effort - a lack luster, uninspiring effort by the team. It was like they were waiting for someone else to make the charge.
Getting key players back will be good medicine for the team - nothing like having your big guns back in there to raise your spirits and hopes.
A tough lesson, but I hope one that will be well learned.

I can't be to hard on the team considering at the start of the season we expected to be picking in the top 5 if not top 3 in the next draft and here we are a possible playoff team? Yeah we are ahead of schedule on this rebuild. Also people forget, and seeing how they have played its easy to do, but when Jets got Rodgers they were predicted to be a playoff team if not a SB team. There is talent on that team but poor play at the QB position has made people forget that. Jets are a perfect trap team, they have talent in the oddest places, a QB carousel but a young guy playing for his career who may or may not be an NFL level QB, a crappy field that seems to be designed to injure players and a bad record that makes them seem to be easy pickings.

I just feel like I screwed up and began to get excited about this team and that's on me. They just came together so fast and looked so good at times that I thought we were better than we are. I forgot that the coaches were rookies and the depth was non-existent. I also forgot that several positions were manned by guys who were just playing out of their minds and bound to come down to earth. CJ makes them all look better (usually) and when he doesn't work his magic or have his skill players you get the team skid mark Davis Mills led to 3 wins per year.

Too soon. Next year, maybe the one after that if they have another great draft and make some noise picking up high-value free agents.

the game plan Saleh utilized is the same one Indy used..same one Carolina used..and the same one Jax used the 2nd game. Attack the linebackers with short quick crossing passes in the flats or in the middle to the RBs &/or TE’s & watch those guys run away from our LBs or break thru their and our dbs’ poor tackling attempts…..all the way down the field.
Perhaps in our enthusiasm to address opponents rushing against us, we did not take into consideration these type of passes?

Well one game in that New York weather is not a whole lot of evaluation time to make on whether the offense would have been better with Titus Howard playing.

Much more simpler than that. We just don’t have the personnel to stop it. Our cover LB’s outside of Cashman aren’t very good at that aspect of defense. And as far as the tackling, it’s been a season long issue.
Don't have enough good DB's either

Back