Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Jets- Monkey Stumped by The Worst Offense in the League

We're in bad shape for what is, to me at least, one of our most important games of the year. Titans are wearing their Oiler duds this coming weekend. I really hate to lose that game. I'm seriously going to hate that.

It is one of the most important games we’ve ever played to me and I don’t care who doesn’t like that. I posted on another board last week **** the playoffs and **** the Jets rest the starters for the “Oilers” that to me is a “1-15 is ok just win this one” game, it would mean more to me than a bullshit wildcard win, knowing damn well this team wasn’t going far in the playoffs even if healthy.

You did.

When I interpreted it, not your fault just using the context when you said it, it was like you were saying the team is crap, but with Nick's additions in FA & Demeco as coach our 3/4 win team became a 6/7 win team & if we had a good QB it would be a 9/10 win team.

But you didn't think S2roud was a good QB so you "predicted" 6/7 wins. S2roud showed to be a pretty good QB even for a rookie. You admitted you were wrong about S2roud & since he is a good QB the Texans should win 10 games.
IMHO. The 10 win prediction was based on setting up Stroud to be the "fall guy" for not winning 10 games. No way anyone could look at the WRs, OL and LB groups and think there is talent to win 10 games on this roster.

Shoot. Thinking about this. Didn't Steel's three-year plan included not drafting a QB/Stroud, letting Mills start and then drafting Caleb Williams or another QB prospect next year? Hell, that plan alone should negate any credit for predicting a 10-win season. 😂

I predicted a seven win season but, also said that the game is played with a ball that bounces funny and a nine win season was also possible. Well, we have that seven number knocked out and it looks like nine and possibly ten wins are in our future. Will we make the playoffs...... That Ball does bounce funny so, who knows. I doubt nine does it but, ten very well could.

I take responsibility for this loss. I took an Ohio native to a sports bar for a date. My bad and my apologies.
The Jets did things they've never done this season. Zach Wilson just let it rip and played loose. CJ had a rough day. Pitre is hot garbage at tackling, always looking for the big hit instead of wrapping up and making a solid tackle. First quarter on rewatch.

I predicted a seven win season but, also said that the game is played with a ball that bounces funny and a nine win season was also possible.
I had the Texans at a 6 to 9 win season. The 6 was covered, but I'm still hoping they find the 9.
I had the Texans between 0 and 17 wins. It will be touch and go, but I think I finally will get one right.
I take responsibility for this loss.
Too late. @Hervoyel has already taken responsibility for the loss to the Jets. Have to get in earlier for this honor.
I just feel like I screwed up and began to get excited about this team and that's on me.

Too late. @Hervoyel has already taken responsibility for the loss to the Jets. Have to get in earlier for this honor.

True

To be fair though when I said I blame myself I was mostly talking about my great disappointment in how that game went. I got a little over the top on the Kool Aid (I was making my own Non-GMO, craft batch) and was expecting way too much from the team far too soon. THAT was on me.

But yeah, I can take the blame for the loss as well. First Texans game I've sat through from start to finish in a long time. Figures it would go that way.

Some of the things with Slowik and Ryans are snowballing into a problem. Just because I view someone favorable, doesn't mean they're about criticism.
Slowik continues to give plays and downs away. Where are the slip screens? Where are the easy money plays in early downs especially in the bad weather game they just had? Why are you still running boot action, leaving the defender unblocked? No team is going to respect your run game until you show you can consistently run the ball for chunks. All you're doing is putting your qb in harns way.

Demeco has done a good job off improving the defense big time, but in games where the seem to have an advantage, he starts playing field position. Not only that, as was the case vs Ridder and Young, he's not adjusting the dl to not go past the qb. You can go watch those 2 games and they look the same as the Jets. Instead of treating those guys like a mobile qb, he's treating them like statues and opened passing and run lanes. To top that off, with 1 viable threat, he allowed G5 to basically take over the game. What is the purpose of having Sting or Nelson if you can't play man? They have to do better if they want to make the playoffs. They are ahead of schedule, but so are the Colts and a few other teams.

Welp, just watched all 22.

This team can't defend the pass with their LB's. It's really bad. Probably the biggest need in the draft.
I've been saying this since their inception. Remember the Gates coming out party vs Chargers? Hell, Ryans was a liability in coverage when he played. When lbs can't close windows and you play as much cover 3 as the Texans, if your 4 doesn't get home, it's a layup drill

When lbs can't close windows and you play as much cover 3 as the Texans, if your 4 doesn't get home, it's a layup drill
It's not just that, they have a poor feel for routes. Like they don't recognize when they should/shouldn't carry receivers coming in their zone. Making passing lanes tighter, or making the QB have to hold the ball while the receiver clears the LB.

I'm probably not saying it right.

Sunday I watched Cashman follow Hall out of the backfield. Wilson had no throw. But Cashman looked like he thought he was out of position so he stopped covering Hall to man an empty spot.

Wilson threw to Hall & he turned it up for a big gain.

It's not just that, they have a poor feel for routes. Like they don't recognize when they should/shouldn't carry receivers coming in their zone. Making passing lanes tighter, or making the QB have to hold the ball while the receiver clears the LB.

I'm probably not saying it right.

Sunday I watched Cashman follow Hall out of the backfield. Wilson had no throw. But Cashman looked like he thought he was out of position so he stopped covering Hall to man an empty spot.

Wilson threw to Hall & he turned it up for a big gain.
Trust me, I get what you're saying and Cashman is probably their best cover LB. Perryman was never good in coverage, Harris has the speed but not the feel yet

Some of the things with Slowik and Ryans are snowballing into a problem. Just because I view someone favorable, doesn't mean they're about criticism.
Slowik continues to give plays and downs away. Where are the slip screens? Where are the easy money plays in early downs especially in the bad weather game they just had? Why are you still running boot action, leaving the defender unblocked? No team is going to respect your run game until you show you can consistently run the ball for chunks. All you're doing is putting your qb in harns way.

Demeco has done a good job off improving the defense big time, but in games where the seem to have an advantage, he starts playing field position. Not only that, as was the case vs Ridder and Young, he's not adjusting the dl to not go past the qb. You can go watch those 2 games and they look the same as the Jets. Instead of treating those guys like a mobile qb, he's treating them like statues and opened passing and run lanes. To top that off, with 1 viable threat, he allowed G5 to basically take over the game. What is the purpose of having Sting or Nelson if you can't play man? They have to do better if they want to make the playoffs. They are ahead of schedule, but so are the Colts and a few other teams.
I agree with a lot of this.

They've got a LB problem.

It worked. Fooled the football spirits and all y'all. Playing the role of bad guy to get the desired result of a win.

We have a fair chance of making the playoffs. I just hope my being positive doesn't come back to haunt us.
Also I wore my baseball cap inside out late in the game against the Titans. I am sure others of you have your special things you do to get our guys a victory. Feel free to share them.

Also I wore my baseball cap inside out late in the game against the Titans. I am sure others of you have your special things you do to get our guys a victory. Feel free to share them.

Well, I did change my pregame lunch for today. Instead of tex-mex I went to the Toasted Yolk and had a breakfast. The Cowboy Scramble is freaking great. Looks like that's where I'm headed next Sunday.

Back