Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Trying to give us a Heart Attack!

Texansballer74

The Marine
Man that was so freaking close ladies and gentlemen. Our defense stood tall and won this game for us. Three interceptions, sacks, and pressure on top of pressure.

Game ball goes to the entire defense. Even though Will Anderson had himself a coming out party. What a game by the big fella.

Good hard fought gutsy win. I hope both CJ and Tank are ok.

High draft picks coming through in this one, particularly Anderson and Stingley.
Really sucks about Tank. They weren't the same offense without him earlier. Why you've got him in among 250-300 lb. giants on a run play is beyond me.
Monster game for Nico. He's 9 yards shy of joining Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, and Brandin Cooks as the only 1,000 yard receivers in Texans history.

imo it should have never been close but the game ball goes to the defense - It was Anderson and stingley coming out party.

with tank likely out, hopefully metchie steps up
Black-out kicked my azz so was unable to see the game, but thrilled when I found out we won !
Tank was carried off of the field, sounds bad ! I dunno but sounds like his season might be over ?
Was CJ banged up pretty bad today ?

Well, it was another nail biter fellas. A bunch of missed opportunities on offense but the defense got us this W. The stadium was loud as hell! I almost lost my voice and I’m pretty sure I’m now suffering from tinnitus. Was it worth it? F uck yes.

I was at the game and they only showed one replay of the strip fumble for TD that was called forward progress. Did the ref make the right call?

Y’all did great.

I am grateful they won and I know a certain number of games like this goes into building a contender but I am just amazed at some of the things I see the offense doing. The running game isn’t broken, it’s mosly misused. Trying to bounce Pierce outside is a pointless endeavor and expecting our OL to push the DL around is wishful thinking against most teams. Pierce can’t seem to create or see openings. You start Singletary and let him do his thing on the outside and let Pierce on the field sparingly.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m trying to move Pierce for a pick when possible. I love this offense but Pierce doesn’t seem to be a good fit. I also don’t know about Slowik at this point. I think our offense has better weapons than anyone knew and this offensive turnaround is more about them and a good system being run “adequately“ than a genius OC getting everything he can out of ordinary players and a great rookie QB.

Texans won the turnover battle 3-0. They needed every one of them. Very important that they didn't turn it over themselves - that has been key to Denver's recent success - forcing turnovers. I was getting the feeling that a Texan turnover would have changed everything.

When you win the turnover battle 3-0, you're supposed to win but danged if they didn't make it close. That makes 8 games in a row decided by 1 score or less. Texans are 5-3 in those games.

Upcoming is the 4-8 Jets. Two games against the 4-8 Titans. That should be 3 wins but you never know with these guys. The other two games are against Cleveland and Indy. Really would be nice to take one or both of those....

There are a lot of postives from this game. And plenty of negatives. Maybe those people that plan to go back and watch should look for something. Are the Texans tipping their run plays? We just saw the worst run defense in the NFL dominate. Did they find something? I don't know what the tip might be, but it looks like the Broncos found one.

I'm going to go ahead and have smoked crow with crow gravy today on Stingley. I hated the pick. I've railed against him. Lovie, and Caserio since the pick was made.
The dude has balled out this season, when healthy (had to throw that caveat in there). Today was amazing. He showed who he was in 2019. Hopefully he'll continue to do that and keep proving all of haters wrong. I think I'm acquiring a taste for crow.

4D5AD0A4-D8E8-498B-B87C-022BEF9834B8.jpeg

Wife and I went. Her co worker is a season ticket holder and gave us her tickets for this game. Couldn’t believe we were this close. Atmosphere was great in the 4th, too many Broncos fans though. Way too many.

Well, it was another nail biter fellas. A bunch of missed opportunities on offense but the defense got us this W. The stadium was loud as hell! I almost lost my voice and I’m pretty sure I’m now suffering from tinnitus. Was it worth it? F uck yes.

Big win, but the pass pro and running game are points of concern
Every game the rest of the way is going to be a struggle because this offense cannot establish the run. Nothing but good to great pressure defense left on the schedule. They are not going to be concerned about the Texans rushing attack. I'm not saying the Texans can't win these games. But expect games like we've see the last 2 weeks as the rule.

Wow Tank with a broken tibia out for the rest of the year. That's going to hurt. Hope Brown can recapture his couple of 100yrd plus games and Nico can keep pouring it on.

As a whole the team played with heart. Only awful thing I saw was not tackling and going for the strip near the goal line at the end. The tackle would have likely made the end a lot less stressful.

Anderson really showed me what he can do today. If we get another bookend rusher or OLB to line up on the other side watch out. A stud DT would also work. DP played much better today but I still think we should be looking for a RB with WCO roots in the draft.

Overall, too close of a game but we pulled it out!! :bravo: :gotexans1

There are a lot of postives from this game. And plenty of negatives. Maybe those people that plan to go back and watch should look for something. Are the Texans tipping their run plays? We just saw the worst run defense in the NFL dominate. Did they find something? I don't know what the tip might be, but it looks like the Broncos found one.
I doubt the Bronco's found anything. The Texans run a lot of the same plays, game after game. Their runs are predictable, run-of-the-mill plays. IMO, the play calling needs to be mixed up. Throw it more on 1st down. Keep the defense honest. Pass when in a run look, run in a pass look. Scheme up the blocking accordingly. I think Slow is doing an overall good job, but he's a rookie play caller. There will be growing pains.

Whether it was Dell going out, or CJ's mounting bumps and bruises, something was definitely off with the offense in the second half. Thankfully the D put up an excellent performance against a team on a very hot streak. This was an impressive team win, demonstrating we're not just 'CJ and some guys'.

Plenty to clean up, and work to do to figure out how to handle Tank's absence, but we have the makings of an exciting and balanced team here. One more good draft and off-season and we can finally begin to dream.

View attachment 13172

Wife and I went. Her co worker is a season ticket holder and gave us her tickets for this game. Couldn’t believe we were this close. Atmosphere was great in the 4th, too many Broncos fans though. Way too many.
Considering the expectations for this season Im not surprised.

Im sure next season there will be more Texans fans in the stands than visitors.

Back