Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Trying to give us a Heart Attack!

I am trying to coax the QB School in to posting CJ's All 22 review.

Stroud threw a no look pass up the seam while scrambling forward. It may have been the best no look throw of all time.

Consider me completely shockeddddd that its not up on ESPN right now.

I am trying to coax the QB School in to posting CJ's All 22 review.

Stroud threw a no look pass up the seam while scrambling forward. It may have been the best no look throw of all time.

Consider me completely shockeddddd that its not up on ESPN right now.
Time on the game so I can look?

Why you've got him in among 250-300 lb. giants on a run play is beyond me.

I want to hear Slowik explain this dumbass decision.

Absolutely idiotic. Dude should be roasted.

A LOT of OCs would look great with CJ, so Bobby is nothing special when considering his lack of creativity in the run schemes and putting 165 lb potentially no. 1 WR to block goal line formations.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I don't get it
I think it was mocking this image put out by the Texans.

GAhVGBSXYAAXpno

A LOT of OCs would look great with CJ, so Bobby is nothing special when considering his lack of creativity in the run schemes and putting 165 lb potentially no. 1 WR to block goal line formations.

Dell being in on that play at all can be up for debate, and that's fine. I'd guess there was at least a decent reason for that, but perhaps not.

But watching the play back, Tank made his own decision to go from a wideout position to thrusting himself square into all the traffic.

Slowick is up for as much fair game criticism from one game to the next like anyone else, but I don't get at all the notion that he called for Tank to do that and should catch heat for it.

I have a miniture Doberman pinscher dog that weighs all of 12 lbs. but when she is threatened by a large dog, the heart of a full size doberman comes out.

you can’t take the doberman out of Tank either. He has the heart of a champion, like Altuve with the Astros. The man isn’t measured by his outward size, it’s measured by the size of his heart. You can’t tame the lion and the pure beast that lives inside both of these men.

I have a miniture Doberman pinscher dog that weighs all of 12 lbs. but when she is threatened by a large dog, the heart of a full size doberman comes out.

you can’t take the doberman out of Tank either. He has the heart of a champion, like Altuve with the Astros. The man isn’t measured by his outward size, it’s measured by the size of his heart. You can’t tame the lion and the pure beast that lives inside both of these men.

Difference is Altuve isn’t in the middle mixing it up with those big dogs twice his size. Tank can have all the heart he wants but if he’s going to keep mixing it up with players that are 100-150 lbs heavier than him, he’s probably going to spend a lot of his career on the trainer’s table.

Dell being in on that play at all can be up for debate, and that's fine. I'd guess there was at least a decent reason for that, but perhaps not.

But watching the play back, Tank made his own decision to go from a wideout position to thrusting himself square into all the traffic.

Slowick is up for as much fair game criticism from one game to the next like anyone else, but I don't get at all the notion that he called for Tank to do that and should catch heat for it.

Good point and one that is being overlooked. Tank is in that formation because he can get open quicker than any WR on the roster. This makes the defense have to account for him instead of being all in on stopping the run.

It’s unfortunate that Tank was injured but I am not against having the WR that can get open where the field is smallest (redzone) on the field.

Adjustment to me would be send him on a passing route no matter what and force defense to dedicate coverage instead of having him anywhere near the run. Maybe they’ll do that in the future to protect Tank from his own competitiveness.

I really want to see Tank get more looks passing in those situations like the Rams do with Cooper Kupp. Pretty much unguardable in goal to go situations with a quick out route.

Difference is Altuve isn’t in the middle mixing it up with those big dogs twice his size. Tank can have all the heart he wants but if he’s going to keep mixing it up with players that are 100-150 lbs heavier than him, he’s probably going to spend a lot of his career on the trainer’s table.

But this injury isn't really size-related. And when he has gone toe-to-toe with larger men, he hasn't been demolished like a grape either. This was in the "man under pile gets foot/leg caught under someone, and it broke" category. Now should he have been in the pile? Separate question. But lots of larger guys have gone through that situation and came out with lower leg injuries.

What I've seen of Tank is that he knows how to be tackled. By that I mean, he understands how to avoid the big hits and protect himself. He gets skinny and low when the big pop is coming. The few times he's been popped, he comes back up quickly like a weeble. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. He's not nearly the durability concern I thought he might be.

Big win, but the pass pro and running game are points of concern
The running game (blocking) is hot garbage. That HAS to get better.
View attachment 13172

Wife and I went. Her co worker is a season ticket holder and gave us her tickets for this game. Couldn’t believe we were this close. Atmosphere was great in the 4th, too many Broncos fans though. Way too many.
1701727098119.jpeg
Wife and I were there too! What a damn game. It was loud but way too loud when we were on offense. LOTS of orange in that stadium yesterday!

good -
The D. Held the Broncos to about 60 yards in the first half.
Nico is really good.
CJ standing his ground with #49 and the entire OLine running to his defense!

bad -
The first FG we kicked, couldn’t get 1/2 a yard in two tries!!?!? This game should have been 17 or 21 for us in first half.
obvioulsy, the Tank injury.
Run blocking!
Officiating, again. Something has to be done.

can someone post a shot or a video of the penalty called on the D for the hit on Wilson, while he was a runner? They never showed the replay, didn’t look like a penalty to me.

bad -
The first FG we kicked, couldn’t get 1/2 a yard in two tries!!?!? This game should have been 17 or 21 for us in first half.
obvioulsy, the Tank injury.
Run blocking!
Officiating, again. Something has to be done.
One negative I have is Stroud has been taking way too much punishment the last several games. Too many sacks & hits. I'm also not a big fan of all the QB sneaks. I know it is sometimes an easy first down but I can't help but have flashbacks to Schaub & Fat Albert. Stroud's health is more important than a first down.

Last edited:

So we're back to the Derrick yrs?

Anything good is the QB's greatness, anything bad is on the HC/OC?

And no I didn't like this play, they've been running this play all yr

Why? For having one of his best offensive weapons on the field for a running play? Collins was in there too. Should Slo have put in 22 personnel and held up a sign that said "RB dive A gap" instead? I thought Dell playing in this game was going to be as a decoy, with Collins or Brown getting most of the targets, given the calf injury. Dell stuck his nose in there because he's a football player. You can't play scared.

Thanks. I knew that didn't look right but I kept getting Stroud & Schaub mixed up. They are to close for my old brain to keep straight.
I was thinking it was some slang/nickname that I hadn't heard before

That and the retarded play calling every time it’s 3rd & 1. Instead of a two RB set to throw defenses off with misdirection or hell, just flat out having the power back pound it in Slowik seems to always call for a long developing play/deep pass. Having Tank Dell run block in a goal line situation is inexcusable!

That and the retarded play calling every time it’s 3rd & 1. Instead of a two RB set to throw defenses off with misdirection or hell, just flat out having the power back pound it in Slowik seems to always call for a long developing play/deep pass. Having Tank Dell run block in a goal line situation is inexcusable!
They've run that play several times this year. This time it caught up to them

He didn't have Tank run block on that play. Did Tank get involved in the play? Yes. Was it designed for Tank to get involved in the play? No.

He didn't have Tank run block on that play. Did Tank get involved in the play? Yes. Was it designed for Tank to get involved in the play? No.

That's what I finally came around to realizing. Initially my reaction was "WTF was Tank doing in there?" and then it went to "If he was in there by design somebody needs to get a boot up their rear end". Finally after watching it a couple of times it's clear that Tank took it upon himself to get in that close and I settled on "Well, OK. Shouldn't have to repeat himself when DeMeco tells him not to do that again". Like I said in another thread "Teachable moment"

CJ should not practice all out this week. He has unknown aches and pains. But, also he is dealing with a quad injury (bruise I think). Let him just throw and study so it heals up
It's a thigh bruise he got on a hit running out of bounds. Defensive player dove into his right thigh just as CJ was going out of bounds.

Do you let your little do go at it with big dogs?

Sometimes coaching is as much as keeping your players in check to save them from themselves.

I'll just say you don't see MIA putting Hill in this position. There's a reason for that. He's too valuable for what you get from a block that should have been done by a TE.

For anyone defending this dumbass decision, do you think Slowik will do it again in 2024 when Tank returns?

I don't think he will.

So we're back to the Derrick yrs?

Anything good is the QB's greatness, anything bad is on the HC/OC?

And no I didn't like this play, they've been running this play all yr
Wtf are you babbling about? Don't assume anything in my opinion.

It's a schemed play that a lot of people are questioning. That's on the OC, not QB.

And yeah, CJ would make a lot of OCs look good. Are you trying to state otherwise?

Get towel boy out of your head. He's living there rent free. Quit living in the past. Your obsession is old and worn. We're tired of reading it after the thousandth time.

Why? For having one of his best offensive weapons on the field for a running play? Collins was in there too. Should Slo have put in 22 personnel and held up a sign that said "RB dive A gap" instead? I thought Dell playing in this game was going to be as a decoy, with Collins or Brown getting most of the targets, given the calf injury. Dell stuck his nose in there because he's a football player. You can't play scared.
It's coaching smart, not scared.

I doubt he does it again.

It's coaching smart, not scared.

I doubt he does it again.

Yep, you normally see the WR's split out wide to lessen the number of defenders there in the box. That they're not is mind boggling and not just because it gives away what you're going to do

Let's be fair over the past 3 games...this is kinda true.
That the one the announcers were surprised a flag wasn't thrown?

He also was nursing some thigh issue for the last couple of weeks according to what the play by play guys have been saying. Probably has been 2 weeks and he no question reagravated it last weekend. So, 3 weeks minimum

Wtf are you babbling about? Don't assume anything in my opinion.

It's a schemed play that a lot of people are questioning. That's on the OC, not QB.

And yeah, CJ would make a lot of OCs look good. Are you trying to state otherwise?

Get towel boy out of your head. He's living there rent free. Quit living in the past. Your obsession is old and worn. We're tired of reading it after the thousandth time.

Then don't read it and put me on ignore.

Truth is the questions asked about offenses and the WCO in particular date back to the Kubiak yrs. Way before Derrick was even in college. Another truth is that while the WCO is a really good offense, it's quite predictable.

BTW, Stroud making Slowik look good is true. However the way Slowik has brought Stroud along has a lot to do with the success he's had as a rookie.

He got out Bailey Zappe today. :toropalm:

He posted CJ's last night. Weird review. He didn't think CJ played well. Highlighted his missed throws and a few turndowns on what he felt were throws CJ tried earlier in the season.

Hard for me to disagree with a former NFL Qb, but I saw some of those windows he thought CJ should have thrown it and I was like, man I don't think that would be a good idea with an All Pro Safety there who was trying to bait him.

On the CJ no Look, his first comment was "Omg what the f did I just watch".......It was pretty funny.

He posted CJ's last night. Weird review. He didn't think CJ played well. Highlighted his missed throws and a few turndowns on what he felt were throws CJ tried earlier in the season.

Hard for me to disagree with a former NFL Qb, but I saw some of those windows he thought CJ should have thrown it and I was like, man I don't think that would be a good idea with an All Pro Safety there who was trying to bait him.

On the CJ no Look, his first comment was "Omg what the f did I just watch".......It was pretty funny.
Yeah, I watched it last night too.

Had it been Mahomes that threw that no look pass it would have gotten praise by the entire mainstream and social media. I still haven’t forgot how they dicc rode his leaping incomplete pass to Hill where they called it “the greatest and most athletic incomplete pass of all time.” It was annoying as hell. It’s like saying a team lost but it was the greatest loss of all time and going on to praise them for losing.

Then don't read it and put me on ignore.

Truth is the questions asked about offenses and the WCO in particular date back to the Kubiak yrs. Way before Derrick was even in college. Another truth is that while the WCO is a really good offense, it's quite predictable.

BTW, Stroud making Slowik look good is true. However the way Slowik has brought Stroud along has a lot to do with the success he's had as a rookie.

Every offense is predictable. It all depends on the play caller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back