Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sage Rosenfels...3 starts...3 wins.

I'm sorry. If the QB puts the ball into your hands either catch the damned thing OR bat it downwards. One of those "interceptions" bounced off a receivers hands. If you can get both your hands on it, you can catch it. If you can't then find a new career. The world will always need insurance salesmen.

I'm sorry. If the QB puts the ball into your hands either catch the damned thing OR bat it downwards. One of those "interceptions" bounced off a receivers hands. If you can get both your hands on it, you can catch it. If you can't then find a new career. The world will always need insurance salesmen.

The first two, or at least the first and the third picks were terrible throws by Sage that were nowhere near the receiver at all. Not even close.

Sage is pretty much an interception machine, and he's always been that for the most part.

Schaub is unknown, but I think with a little work he can be very suitable. I think with Sage we know we're going to get somebody who is good for 1 or 2 games, but also has the capacity to throw tons of picks.

In his post game interview Kubes said 1 INT was bad decision, 1 INT was busted route and 1 tipped ball.

Before you pile on about me defending Sage, I'm just pointing out what Kubes said. Nothing more, nothing less.

I will say this, some people on both sides of the argument can't wait till one QB has a bad game so they can come back here and say "what are you going to say now". It's almost as if some people want to be right so bad, that they almost route against our own QB just so they can "stick it" to the guy who thinks "so and so" is better than "so and so". With this type of "partisanship" amongst fans, it's a never ending battle. These threads feel just like the old Carr threads. They go round and round with the "I told you sos" and never really get anywhere. Most of it comes from frustration and we tend to take it out on each other as fans since we can't address the players directly. I think people like McClain and others monitor these threads so trust me, things get back to the players.

That was a horrible game all around. Even if our offense had got going, the defense couldn't stop anything. I played my nephew in Madden last night. He is the Portland Madden champion. He ran over me like my controller was broken. (I think I even used that excuse a few times) I felt like I was watching a replay of that game today...ha ha.

This loss was hard because the last two games made us feel like the Texans had progressed, the Colts brought the team and us fans back to reality. Whoever starts next week at QB will get my full support and I only hope both sides of the ball show up against my least favorite team the Jags.

Sage is pretty much an interception machine, and he's always been that for the most part.

QUOTE]

You're right his INT to TD ratio is almost as bad as Schaub's........

IMO, it appears that we have 2 quality backup QB's and no quality NFL starter.

The first two, or at least the first and the third picks were terrible throws by Sage that were nowhere near the receiver at all. Not even close.

Schaub is unknown, but I think with a little work he can be very suitable. I think with Sage we know we're going to get somebody who is good for 1 or 2 games, but also has the capacity to throw tons of picks.

I don't think either Sage or Schaub are starting quality QBs. Matt has talent, but just isn't tough enough to last.

Maybe we can package these two guys for one "his highness":

Schaub and Rosenfels have combined for 25 TD's; 23 INT's with 4,030 yards

Trade for VY:
9 TD's; 18 INT's and 2545 yards

In securing Vince, we will also: a) our defense will become great b) Kris Brown will hit 9 of 9 in a game and c) we will just simply win.

Yep, Sage's failure today is a direct reflection on Matt Schaubs ability to QB and all that :rolleyes:

And you're usually a good poster here madd what the heck?

Seriously, everybody crying about Matt Schaub today better get real comfortable with the idea of him being under center to start next year. Get your hankies ready, cause some of you guys are probably going to need em.

Trade for VY:
9 TD's; 18 INT's and 2545 yards

In securing Vince, we will also: a) our defense will become great b) Kris Brown will hit 9 of 9 in a game and c) we will just simply win.

Whisenhunt hates Pretty Boy Matt in Arizona, maybe we can trade for him.:splits:

One Matt that can't take a hit for a Matt that can't take a hit.

All I know is that we paid a very steep price for Matt. They are going to have to drive a stake into his heart befor I give up on MS. Need some patience on MS.
Either you believe we have the tallent now to make a play off push or you don't. I don't. If the HC has to spin it to sell tickets and t-shirts with the coach speak..I undertand that. Up to you to figure out which is smoke and what is NFL reality. Banging with a couple of second team guys on the line in and in the defensive back seven...O.K. fix it.

One thing you can always be sure about Sage is that hell throw his signature interception/turnover at a critical point in the game which will ultimately result in a loss.

Yep, Sage's failure today is a direct reflection on Matt Schaubs ability to QB and all that :rolleyes:

And you're usually a good poster here madd what the heck?

Seriously, everybody crying about Matt Schaub today better get real comfortable with the idea of him being under center to start next year. Get your hankies ready, cause some of you guys are probably going to need em.

Nobody's crying over MS and I'm sure you're right about him being under center next year. Do you think MS would've fared better against the Colts? Facts are facts, and he ain't not no better than SR and I think they are both quality backup QB's and NEITHER has done ANYTHING to show us differently.

Nobody's crying over MS and I'm sure you're right about him being under center next year. Do you think MS would've fared better against the Colts? Facts are facts, and he ain't not no better than SR and I think they are both quality backup QB's and NEITHER has done ANYTHING to show us differently.
C'mon man - you can put some MORE negatives in that "sentence"...I have faith in ya'!

Sage for president crew?

Crickets........

Figures.

* raises hand *

I didn't see the game yesterday, but I'm still of the opinion Sage is one of the best backup QBs in the league, and I'm damn glad we have him. Despite what happened, I still say that. There are very few teams in the NFL that have as good a backup as Sage.

* raises hand *

I didn't see the game yesterday, but I'm still of the opinion Sage is one of the best backup QBs in the league, and I'm damn glad we have him. Despite what happened, I still say that. There are very few teams in the NFL that have as good a backup as Sage.

Agreed. Sage is one of the best backup QBs in the league.... but he isn't a starter.

Agreed. Sage is one of the best backup QBs in the league.... but he isn't a starter.

I bet he could start for Miami right now.
Guffaw.gif

QUOTE]

Let's see. Three interceptions.

1. tipped ball
2. bad throw
3. receiver forgot it was his job to catch the damned thing and by failing to catch it made it an easy pic for the receiver.

Sorry by my count only ONE of those counts against the man. But refresh my memory if you will. Was it Sage that let Indy score seemingly everytime they had the ball from the 2nd quarter on? Did he go out there and play strong saftey and let them run rimshot over him? I forget.

Sage for president crew?

Crickets........

Figures.

I would rather stand my ground and get my nose rubbed in it than fold like a cheap card table because Sage had ONE bad game. Kindly explain how Sage's bad game lead to the Colt's offense scoring so often. Did Sage rub off on the defense as well? I stand by my original statement.

The thing is, in the Sage's three wins, the Defense, and the team as a whole played great. Mario Williams started pressuring the QB, the DBs started covering, the whole shebang. I'm not saying that Sage didn't do a great job QBing, but he had a LOT of help from the defense.

Now, when the Texans lose, many point fingers at the Texan D and claim that that is the reason why they lost. The simple fact is that the Texan D is also why Sage may have won those past three games.

And then you claim that only one of Sage's INTs are his fault...well, I can assure you that many of Schaub's INTs were flukes as well. So are many of his injuries, but some just can't see the reason in that and label him as "fragile", even though he's been taking cheap shots and freak landings that would injure many other QBs.

The fact of the matter is, that although the Defense didn't play well, neither did Sage. Don't defend him, he wasn't able to keep a drive going, and that wore out the defense, creating a chain reaction that just kept going and destroyed the Texans this week. We'll see how Sage performs against the Jags, but so far, Sage has beaten 3 mediocre teams and lost against one good one. Next week is a huge test to see if Sage really is as amazing as some make him out to be

The thing is, in the Sage's three wins, the Defense, and the team as a whole played great. Mario Williams started pressuring the QB, the DBs started covering, the whole shebang. I'm not saying that Sage didn't do a great job QBing, but he had a LOT of help from the defense.

Now, when the Texans lose, many point fingers at the Texan D and claim that that is the reason why they lost. The simple fact is that the Texan D is also why Sage may have won those past three games.

And then you claim that only one of Sage's INTs are his fault...well, I can assure you that many of Schaub's INTs were flukes as well. So are many of his injuries, but some just can't see the reason in that and label him as "fragile", even though he's been taking cheap shots and freak landings that would injure many other QBs.

The fact of the matter is, that although the Defense didn't play well, neither did Sage. Don't defend him, he wasn't able to keep a drive going, and that wore out the defense, creating a chain reaction that just kept going and destroyed the Texans this week. We'll see how Sage performs against the Jags, but so far, Sage has beaten 3 mediocre teams and lost against one good one. Next week is a huge test to see if Sage really is as amazing as some make him out to be
The defense played better because they were off the field less because the offense held the ball longer.

I think what we're looking at right now is that we have a very good backup who shouldn't be a starter, and a younger guy who still needs to get better. Schaub isn't much better, if at all, than Sage, but he is younger and we have to hope he will get better with experience. I think he will.

The question of who is better is kind of a moot point, because neither one is really starter quality right now; but, Schaub has to start somewhere.

I think what we're looking at right now is that we have a very good backup who shouldn't be a starter, and a younger guy who still needs to get better. Schaub isn't much better, if at all, than Sage, but he is younger and we have to hope he will get better with experience. I think he will.

The question of who is better is kind of a moot point, because neither one is really starter quality right now; but, Schaub has to start somewhere.

Yes, yes and... yes.

Thank you :)

Let's see. Three interceptions.

1. tipped ball
2. bad throw
3. receiver forgot it was his job to catch the damned thing and by failing to catch it made it an easy pic for the receiver.

Sorry by my count only ONE of those counts against the man. But refresh my memory if you will. Was it Sage that let Indy score seemingly everytime they had the ball from the 2nd quarter on? Did he go out there and play strong saftey and let them run rimshot over him? I forget.

Cause none of MS's INTs were tipped balls or bad receiver plays :rolleyes:

Why does Sage get the benefit of the doubt while MS gets hated on for the same things?

Well, if you want to play the "was the interception the QB's fault" game, let's play.

Schaub's picks (9 total):

1. Kansas City--1st quarter, no score. Schaub threw a pass up for grabs into the endzone. AJ didn't really make a play for it, but not a wise choice by Matt.

2. Indy--3rd quarter, down 17-10. Pass tipped by receiver deep in our territory. If you are of the school of thought that a tipped pass absolves a QB of responsibility, this one is not Matt's fault.

3. Indy--3rd quarter, down 24-10. Bad read at a terrible time--JJ had just returned a punt inside the Indy 20, but Matt forced one.

4. Mia--1st quarter, up 7-3. I don't recall this pick, but I'll presume it was Matt's fault.

5. at Jax--4th quarter, down 30-10. Davis gets outfought on a slant pattern in garbage time.

6/7: at SD; first was with the score 21-3 (returned for a TD) while the second was at 28-3. Both bad passes, but we were getting routed as it was.

8: at Clev--2nd quarter, up 7-0. Ball bounced off of Daniels hands. This one was on Daniels, who was in the midst of a terrible game. This pick turned the game around completely.

9: at Clev--4th quarter (8 minutes left), down 20-10. Schaub tried to hit AJ on 2nd and 22 for a first down. Not a good play (or throw), but in that situation--down 10, 8 minutes left, deep in your own territory--you have to throw for the sticks.

So, of those 9 picks, 2 (#2 and #8) were off the hands of Matt's intended targets and another 2 (#1 and #5) were when his WRs made minimal effort for the ball. Of the other 5 picks, 4 (#3, #6, #7 and #9) came when we were trailing by at least 10 points and pressing to get back into the game.

Not that I believe any interception should be ignored; I'm not of the tipped-passes-are-forgiven school except in the most blatant of bad plays by a WR. But if the pro-Sagers are going to alibi him for such passes, then Matt should get that same acknowledgment.

EDIT: The above notwithstanding, I'm very happy we have Sage as our backup. As any fantasy football owner knows, competent QBs are in incredibly short supply in the NFL these days. So I'm not prepared to say that Sage isn't a starter-caliber QB: sadly, I can't name 32 QBs who are superior to Sage. But Schaub is one QB who is (in my acknowledgedly biased opinion). The only question in my mind is whether Matt can make it through a full season--freak hits and all--in one piece. Until that question is answered, we need a solid backup, and Sage fits that bill.

Here's the breakdown:

Player POS Att Comp Yds Pct TD INT Rate
M. Schaub QB 289 192 2241 66.4 9 9 87.2
S. Rosenfels QB 222 143 1556 64.4 14 11 85.3

**excuse the formatting above. I've messed with it and nothing works to space it out. I'm in the car on a Verizon access card and it's slow right now so I got tired of waiting for the page to load...ha ha

Back