Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Texans vs Bengals. Can we pull off the Upset?

Texansballer74

The Marine

Game: Houston Texans vs Cincinnati Bengals

Date: Sunday, November 12, 2023

TV: CBS

Odds/Point Spread: Bengals (-6.5)

Total/Over-Under: 46.5

The Cincinnati Bengals (5-3) will play the Houston Texans (4-4) at Paycor Stadium on Sunday. Cincinnati opens this matchup as 6.5-point favorites. The over/under comes in at 46.5.

Bengals win.....meh. They're a better team. And this loss is no biggie in the grander scheme of things.

We got the right head coach and the right QB, but we're not built for the long haul just yet. Although we are further along than I would have ever predicted. I now expect them to exceed my prediction of 5-7 wins for the season.

Bengals win.....meh. They're a better team. And this loss is no biggie in the grander scheme of things.

We got the right head coach and the right QB, but we're not built for the long haul just yet. Although we are further along than I would have ever predicted. I now expect them to exceed my prediction of 5-7 wins for the season.
My thoughts exactly.
Bengals are a seasoned team, whilst our Texans are still in rebuild mode.
If Texans can put together another strong off season, I expect them to be a playoff team next year.

My thoughts exactly.
Bengals are a seasoned team, whilst our Texans are still in rebuild mode.
If Texans can put together another strong off season, I expect them to be a playoff team next year.
I hope Cap has been working on getting this mindset out of the locker room... out of the organization. We're definitely in the have to see it to believe it seat, so I'm not arguing with your take.

But if the Texans believe they can win, I think we're going to win. & I think the Texans believe they're going to win.

I hope Cap has been working on getting this mindset out of the locker room... out of the organization. We're definitely in the have to see it to believe it seat, so I'm not arguing with your take.

But if the Texans believe they can win, I think we're going to win. & I think the Texans believe they're going to win.
Nothing like winning to lift a team.
A winning mindset is definitely a step in the right direction.

This team needs to have the same mindset as the 2007 NY Giants did when they faced the undefeated NE Patriots in the Superbowl and beat them.

Hold on guys. You won’t believe this but Josh McDaniels is at my door. I wonder what he wants?

The best chance for the Texans to pull off an upset is for there to be a shootout between Stroud and Burrow, with perhaps a big defensive play giving us the edge. Take the over.
I don't want to see a shootout.

Cincy is averaging 19 ppg. I don't want them scoring 30.

I don't want our team to be in a position they feel they have to score on every drive. I'd love to see them get a lead on the road & expand that lead. Let the score put pressure on the Bengals to have to be perfect.

I just don't see good things happening for the Texans in this one. They have the 2nd highest completion percentage allowed. Burrow has completed 74.3% in his last 5 games. They've made QBs like Desmond Ridder and Bryce Young look very competent.

If not for a miraculous comeback that if played out 10 times is probably successful once, maybe twice, they lose 3 of 4 games in the last minute of the game because this defense just can't make stops in crunch time, and they looked like dog crap against a previous winless Panthers team just 2 weeks ago and people around here are talking playoffs?

And of course injuries keep piling up.

The ball bounces funny in the NFL, a tipped pass INT here, a dropped pass there, a missed FG, a blown coverage, anything can happen, of course, and it would be cool to see the Texans make it a ballgame, but I just don't think they're flying home with a W in this one.

Im with Thorn and Speedy. And we aren’t holding Burrow and Co under 20. That would be a minor miracle. I personally think our only chance is a shootout not unlike what happened last week. Can lightening strike twice? Very doubtful. 34-30 Cinci. Close but no cigar.

I am curious to see how Higgins performs against us because he is my top offensive side of the ball target this offseason. @steelbtexan Sorry to break this news to you, but he is represented by DM which is a double sided coin - we know he will demand a premium contract but that also tells me there is some form of relationship with Stroud prior to free agency - which makes this a potential deal to watch for.

I am curious to see how Higgins performs against us because he is my top offensive side of the ball target this offseason. @steelbtexan Sorry to break this news to you, but he is represented by DM which is a double sided coin - we know he will demand a premium contract but that also tells me there is some form of relationship with Stroud prior to free agency - which makes this a potential deal to watch for.
I hope they stay far away from Higgins.

The one guy I would like to see them add on each side of the ball in FA would be, Offense A.J.Dillon, Defense Wilkins. If those guys are available.

Along with Chase being out of practice this week and most likely doubtful, Tee Higgins went down with a hamstring in practice today. Bengals could be without both on Sunday. Also, starting DE Sam Hubbard missed practice today due to an ankle injury.

I’ll have a better read after Friday’s injury report. But it’s that time of year when teams are banged up.

They're two games out of 1st place in their division. The Ravens are leading their division. Chances are they're thinking of winning Sunday & Thursday to take the lead.
So they are thinking about both games simultaneously you are saying, huh ?
OK well then that would be partial preoccupation with the Baltimore game ? Good, I'll take it ! Thanks Thunderkyss.

This.

Especially since the Texans are getting high level qb play.

Texans could easily and honestly should be 6-2. They’ve got some quality wins on their resume as well.

This team is no longer a dumpster fire.

No, no longer a dumpster fire but they could easily be 3-5 right now as well. So it makes no sense to play the woulda, coulda, shoulda game. When the clock hits 0:00 they’re 4-4, that’s it.

Even I’ve been reminding everyone that it took a very improbable comeback to beat Tampa but they did make the plays so it is what it is. This game they made the plays, others they didn’t. Most games for most teams come down to those handful of plays that you make or don’t.

It’s already pretty incredible what they’re doing with all the injuries they have. 43% of the roster is on the injury report this week. Get healthy and keep putting the pieces in place and see if we can’t make an Astros type run here in the very near future.

I have very little hope for this one but I do have some. But ultimately I don't think our defense has the ability to stop Burrow right now. Maybe if Chase or Higgins (or both) are out we have a shot. Either way I think it'll take another monster performance from our passing offense and the Bengals defense is better against the pass than the Bucs.

Reactions: JB
He's a good wr, but not of AJ Brown/Tyreek Hill caliber. Seeing what they have right now, I'd prefer to go into the draft and get a wr. I'm saying that and I like Tee Higgins.

As a Texans fan I can only think "Time of year players are banged up"

Oh, preseason.
Last year the Bengals lost 3 starting olinemen the last 3 weeks of the regular season, one each week. We have been terrible at oline the last few years, losing a starter back-to-back-to-back was insane. Backups played well enough for wins vs Ravens and at Buffalo, but they were no match for Chris Jones and KC's dline. We lost by a last second FG... one of those if only, but it's football.

Back