Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Texans vs Bengals. Can we pull off the Upset?

He made it through the game w/o injury so that's a plus. We really need this guy to be decent AND available
He will get a lot better as he plays more. He's just gotta stay healthy, the talent is there. Odds of Stingley staying healthy the rest of the year are 50-50 IMHO.

Looking at the game tape, it looks to me that Marlon Humphrey tore his Achilles. A team source is saying that it isn't an Achilles. I'll remain skeptical until there is an official MRI report out.

Losing Humphrey hurt their pass defense. Just like last year when the Ravens pass defense fell apart after Humphrey was injured. There's a trend here.

I don't recall Humphrey playing against the Texans....Are you guys watching Watson/Browns' game tape?

Last edited:
A good team wins in spite of their mistakes. We won. T E X A N S
Their Mistakes? I would say the Refs Mistakes were far worse. That was a forward pass not a fumble. To add injury to insult Stroud took a targeting hit to the helmet with two DTā€™s holding him in place, no flag. Woods tightroped endzone and never saw shot conclusively that he did step out erasing a TD. Mis-exchange of snap will happen as will errant INT. You can call them mistakes, but those are just two exceptions to a brilliantly played game.

:logo:

A good camera shot would have caught it. Best camera shot I saw showed on-the-balls-of-the-feet with heels up and not out of bounds. Perhaps the ref who was right there was right, I dunno.

It's not like the refs always get it right. Last night on MNF, the Denver guy (Sutton?) made a very athletic catch for a TD that was ruled at the time incomplete. The refs were right there but the camera showed the truth...

A good camera shot would have caught it. Best camera shot I saw showed on-the-balls-of-the-feet with heels up and not out of bounds. Perhaps the ref who was right there was right, I dunno.

It's not like the refs always get it right. Last night on MNF, the Denver guy (Sutton?) made a very athletic catch for a TD that was ruled at the time incomplete. The refs were right there but the camera showed the truth...
Yeah, bad calls are not always about fixing the game, sometimes it's just incompetence or snap guesses

Itā€™s absolutely uncanny! Iā€™m coming around to your way of thinking, it may not be completely rigged ALL the time for winners and losers but if Vegas wins all is right in the worldā€¦..
This is what I've been saying all along.

Notice that early in the games when a team scores on their 1st drive then gets a 3 and out and scores again, if there isn't a bunch of penalties on the defense of a team that's up 14-0 that helps get the other team back in the game, then the team that's up 14-0 and on offense will certainly be getting a holding call at an inopportune time to stop the offenses 3rd drive/attempt to get points.

I agree and I made mention of that in the game thread. They have to put cameras both at the pylons and the back line to stop these blown calls

I catch Dean Plandino Rules Committee Offical on SXM driving into work nearly every night, and was hoping they would pull one of those blown calls against the Texans but only thing mentioned was Perryman who got a targeting hit but not ejected. Well NY took care of him too, suspending him 3 games.

Texans cannot continually overcome stiff competition on the field both ways by opposing players and referees. Itā€™s nearing a point where every game must be clean with as few of mistakes as possible. So there can be no doubt the fix is either real or adjusted to realization this isnā€™t your daddyā€™s Texans no more.

Their Mistakes? I would say the Refs Mistakes were far worse. That was a forward pass not a fumble. To add injury to insult Stroud took a targeting hit to the helmet with two DTā€™s holding him in place, no flag. Woods tightroped endzone and never saw shot conclusively that he did step out erasing a TD. Mis-exchange of snap will happen as will errant INT. You can call them mistakes, but those are just two exceptions to a brilliantly played game.

:logo:
Yes. Their mistakes. However, I agree that they played a brilliant game. Throwing an interception with less than 4 minutes left, deep in your own territory is a huge mistake which opened up the door for a 10 point surge by the Bengals to tie it up and could have cost the game. But to my point, they overcame and won. Thatā€™s what good teams do. The refs are a different topic altogether. I do appreciate your take.

Yes. Their mistakes. However, I agree that they played a brilliant game. Throwing an interception with less than 4 minutes left, deep in your own territory is a huge mistake which opened up the door for a 10 point surge by the Bengals to tie it up and could have cost the game. But to my point, they overcame and won. Thatā€™s what good teams do. The refs are a different topic altogether. I do appreciate your take.
Iā€™m just not as mad with the mistakes by the players. False starts, targeting, roughing, interception or fumbles unless itā€™s a continuous problem. Mistakes happen. Refs on the other hand, if they make a mistake, you can stop the game and review it. Get more eyes involved (booth/NY) using different camera angles & technology. There is no reason to exhibit continuous errors with all their support mechanisms that could negatively impact a game. Suppose if Tyler Boyd didnā€™t drop that TD pass what the outcry would be?

... Suppose if Tyler Boyd didnā€™t drop that TD pass what the outcry would be?
Stroud would've had to go for a TD instead of a FG?
What if Dell hadn't dropped that pass at 1:26. I don't have all 22, but the replay showed an open sideline down to, at least, the Bengals 45. Dell might of run that one in for a td. Every game has penalties, mistakes and blown plays. Fans can always play "what if".

What if Dell hadn't dropped that pass at 1:26. I don't have all 22, but the replay showed an open sideline down to, at least, the Bengals 45. Dell might of run that one in for a td. Every game has penalties, mistakes and blown plays. Fans can always play "what if".
& we benefitted from Boyd dropping that pass.

Still... a lot of Bengal mistakes we didn't capitalize on. There were three INTs left on the field. Two of them bounced right into our guys hands, just couldn't seal the deal.

I'm not arguing with you. Just voicing my frustration.

Back