Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 13: Texans vs Broncos Preview

I grew up in Houston, so no hills and not much snow. I do have some hurricane stories, but not one about walking to school in one.

I remember driving and seeing First Colony Mall getting hit by a tornado. So many years ago it believe the late 90's.

Injury report looks slightly better than it has lately.

Dalton Schultz - Out

Tank Dell - Questionable
Sheldon Rankins - Questionable
Noah Brown - Questionable
Jake Hansen - Questionable

That's a problem, because there's no one to replace him in the passing game. Maybe the running attack improves, though.
Brevin Jordan. This is his 3rd season after being drafted as a project. Time to step up. He's been targeted 6 times in limited action this season and caught all 6. As a rookie in '21 was 20/28. So he has the hands. In '22 was 14/27. Hope he's targeted and we'll see.

Brevin Jordan. This is his 3rd season after being drafted as a project. Time to step up. He's been targeted 6 times in limited action this season and caught all 6. As a rookie in '21 was 20/28. So he has the hands. In '22 was 14/27. Hope he's targeted and we'll see.
You have to get separation in order to get more targets. I don’t think he’s been getting separation.

Heard Brevin on 610 yesterday and he's really sky-high for this game and calls CJ his West Coast Dawg as it seems they hit it off immediately in training camp on a personal basis.
We'll see: may or may not mean anything ?

When you're trying to have a special season, you need fringe players to sometimes be special. Maybe this is Jordan's time. I've read where he spends a lot of time with CJ.

I thought Jordan was a steal in the 5th round when he was drafted. But he has performed at the level of a 5th round pick. Back end of roster bubble player.

CJ has shown the ability to elevate the play of whichever targets are available for him that week and I expect this week to be no exception. I am expecting a career game out of Brevin Jordan this week!

Sometimes I wonder why the rush for this year's Texans to get into the playoffs. This team wouldn't last very long in the playoffs. I know it would be great to see them at least make it, but there's no way our defense is going to stop a playoff caliber offense.
Nobody came into this season expecting a winning record, much less a playoff spot.

That fans have already raised their expectations in a matter of months is a testament to CJ and DeMeco's impact.

But yeah, I'm not disappointed by however this season turns out simply because we know we've got a core nucleus to build around.

That said, I'd be stoked for a playoff game in 2023 after the past 3 seasons. And you just never know in the playoffs when you've got a QB like CJ and a team playing above themselves because he inspires it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Nobody came into this season expecting a winning record, much less a playoff spot.

That fans have already raised their expectations in a matter of months is a testament to CJ and DeMeco's impact.

But yeah, I'm not disappointed by however this season turns out simply because we know we've got a core nucleus to build around.

That said, I'd be stoked for a playoff game in 2023 after the past 3 seasons. And you just never know in the playoffs when you've got a QB like CJ and a team playing above themselves because he inspires it.

Its ok to be disappointed and happy at the same time.

CJ is a young phenom. The expectation is that he will get you in the dance.

If he doesn't, you still have a young phenom and a team way ahead of schedule.

Not nobody if they got avg to slightly above avg QB play.

If we finish the season 2-4 or worse I will be disappointed.

I don't think that's going to happen.

With 11 games played the Texans are in the top half of the league in what I consider 2 of the most important stats (points scored & points allowed). The Texans defense is 14th with 232 total points allowed or 21.1 points per game. The offense is 12th with 259 total points scored or 23.5 points per game.

It is really an amazing turnaround from the last several years. If we finish the season the way we have played up til now I don't see how it could be considered anything but a success whether they make the playoffs or not.

I thought Jordan was a steal in the 5th round when he was drafted. But he has performed at the level of a 5th round pick. Back end of roster bubble player.

CJ has shown the ability to elevate the play of whichever targets are available for him that week and I expect this week to be no exception. I am expecting a career game out of Brevin Jordan this week!
Me too ! 3 catches 31 yards...

If we finish the season 2-4 or worse I will be disappointed.

I don't think that's going to happen.
If we finish above .500 that's a bonus for mine.
What did we win last year? 4?
Augers well for next season - especially in view of all the "expert" national opinions.
The point is to finish strong, that's why I'm saying I'll be disappointed finishing 2-4.

I feel pretty confident they'll win more than two more games. But even at that, how many of us thought they could pull off an 8 win season with a bunch of rookies leading rookies. It's an amazing .transformation.
Not really, for the 1st time since I can remember they've got depth.

When you have depth and your QB's playing well you can beat anybody.

Get a free trial on YoutubeTV or something. I bailed on DirecTV when Youtube TV got Sunday ticket. I used to think nothing can beat DirecTV, but honestly, I haven't missed them a bit. YoutubeTV is awesome in just about every way I like to watch TV.
Is the game carried live on YouTube ?
But here we go again vs a winning SB coach, but as BadBoy says the coach is not playing today but the Broncos QB himself won a SB, so a really big challenge for our rookie QB.

With CBS and Direct TV having a contract dispute it looks like I wont be watching the game tomorrow.

It’s not really CBS. It is the company that owns KHOU. They are a conglomerate that owns dozens of stations across the country and think they are big boys like Viacom and want a bigger piece of pie. We’ll see how the tactic works out when they start losing ad revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not really CBS. It is the company that owns KHOU. They are a conglomerate that owns dozens of stations across the country and think they are big boys like Viacom and want a bigger piece of pie. We’ll see how the tactic works out when they start losing ad revenue.

Same thing last year except it was CBS and DISH. Dish didn't carry the Texans the entire season. Ended up subscribing to Paramount to watch the Texans. Soon as the season was over they came to a contract agreement pretty quickly.

Yeah, the local CBS affiliate in Waco/Bryan/College station is showing the game

With CBS and Direct TV having a contract dispute it looks like I wont be watching the game tomorrow.

If you're within 30-40 miles of the city, you only need to go to Walmart and pick up an HD Antenna. I have an emergency one I keep in a drawer. I run a cable to the window, paste that sucker on the window...and bingo. Free HDTV. Don't overcomplicate it!

If you're within 30-40 miles of the city, you only need to go to Walmart and pick up an HD Antenna. I have an emergency one I keep in a drawer. I run a cable to the window, paste that sucker on the window...and bingo. Free HDTV. Don't overcomplicate it!

Additionally, sometimes my antenna is iffy with KHOU 11 in Houston. If it gives you trouble, try channel 3 out of Bryan. That's also CBS, and I can get that crystal clear with my window-mounted HD antenna.

Denver is coming off a 29-12 win over the Browns and their scary defense.

Denver has a one point win and (2) two point wins in their 5 game winning streak. Amazingly, a 24-9 win over the Chiefs is a part of that streak.

At first glance, Denver's defense appears to be no great shakes. 32nd (last) against the run (155.2 yds/game), 30th overall in giving up 388.2 yds/game, and 29th in giving up 25.5 points/game. However, on their 5 game winning streak, they have played dramatically better. They have +8 in giveaway/takeaway on the strength of leading the league in fumble recoveries (12), i.e. they don't turn the ball over much but cause turnovers. As mentioned above, giving up 70 to the Dolphins kind of skews everything.

Russell Wilson is quietly having a good year. Just 199.9 yds/game but with 20 TDs, 4 INTs and a 103.4 rating.

Courtland Sutton is their top receiver - 560 yards, 11.7 avg., 8 TDs. Jerry Jeudy also with 440 yds, 11.9 avg. and 1 TD.

Top rusher is Javonte Williams - 538 yards, 3.8 avg, 0 TDs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I took a solo motorcycle trip out West last year. I spent NFL Week 1 in Las Vegas, then to Reno for a couple of days. I saw the Texans were in Denver for Week 2 and scheduled that into the itinerary. It was my first and only live Texans game. I wore a denim shirt with Texan patches on it. Saw a few other Texan fans there - fist bumps, "go Texans", a bro hug from a drunk guy. Looking back, the game was kinda dull with the Texans losing 16-9.

A sea of orange:

View attachment 13134
I listen to Moving the Chains, with Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller just about every day. They constantly say that they look at the last four games a team has played instead the season long stats.

Is the game carried live on YouTube ?
But here we go again vs a winning SB coach, but as BadBoy says the coach is not playing today but the Broncos QB himself won a SB, so a really big challenge for our rookie QB.
Not Youtube, YoutubeTV. It's a streaming tv provider.

They almost looked as though they were shadowing CJ….no way was he getting the first down on that run.

Will Anderson with a nice tip on that punt. Okay Slowick, it’d be nice to see the offense capitalize on this gift.

Back