Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 15: Texans vs Titans Preview- A Must Win

If Davis Mills starts, along with the depleted core of pass catchers and the continued stubbornness of playing DP who can’t run worth a ****…we’re going to get absolutely curb stomped. There is almost no chance we win this game with Mills out there. Hell even with CJ it’s an uphill battle. Case gives us a bit of hope, but again it’s an uphill battle. But give me Case one million times out of one million games vs. Mills.

the poor decisions this staff is making are starting to stack up.

Impressive 28-27 win by the Titans on the road last night over the Dolphins.

Rookie Will Levis has been more productive than veteran Ryan Tannehill and will most likely start. In seven games, Levis is 130/223, 1,593 yds, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and a 86.8 rating.

Top rusher for the Titans is Derrick Henry - 214/875 yds, 4.1 avg., 10 TDs.

Top receiver for the Titans is DeAndre Hopkins - 57/898 yds, 6 TDs

Linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair leads the team in tackles with 124.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Davis Mills likely to start for the Texans. Mills is 5-20-1 as a starter. Career stats - 5,806 yards, 33 TDs, 25 INTs, 83.1 rating.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the Texans could use a win here to keep their playoff hopes alive. The defense needs to fix what went wrong in their loss to the Jets. I suspect the offense will run more than normal with Mills at QB. The Titans might be in letdown mode after their big prime time win. Or maybe not. Could get ugly and that is fine as long as the Texans can pull out the win.

I was in the “sign Hopkins” fan club, party of one when the Cards released him. As per usual, I was the black sheep on that one. I thought he still had game and could really help CJ and be a better version of the Woods role. If Nick and DeMeco would start listening to me, this team might be good someday. :jk:

I think this game will be a good one for rating our needs in the draft. We need to protect our QB and I’ll be watching our OL closely again. With Mills starting there has to be a step up from our OL and running game. Our QB has showed us that if we give him protection he can move the ball. His body is taking a slow beating that is starting to take it’s toll. We are far from playoff quality but it is fun being a .500 team

I'll add this: instead of spending another afternoon watching Deiter get ragdolled, why not start Juice at center and try Broeker at guard. Mills is going to take a beating anyway. Might as well see if we can get a better lineup together before CJ gets back.

I was in the “sign Hopkins” fan club, party of one when the Cards released him. As per usual, I was the black sheep on that one. I thought he still had game and could really help CJ and be a better version of the Woods role.

Hopkins is in the "savvy veteran" part of his career, IMO. Not blessed with super tallness, he's learned to adapt. Done and seen everything. Knows every trick in the book on how to get open. He would have been a great mentor to Tank Dell.

Hopkins is in the "savvy veteran" part of his career, IMO. Not blessed with super tallness, he's learned to adapt. Done and seen everything. Knows every trick in the book on how to get open. He would have been a great mentor to Tank Dell.

I’m so deflated about this game, I’ve managed to watch all the way through Davis Mills as QB for this team but I’ll be watching CnD’s injury reports going into this one carefully, if Mills is getting the start in this one then what is the point of tuning in?

I’m so deflated about this game, I’ve managed to watch all the way through Davis Mills as QB for this team but I’ll be watching CnD’s injury reports going into this one carefully, if Mills is getting the start in this one then what is the point of tuning in?
The way this season has gone all around the NFL we should expect the unexpected!

No Tank, which was already a given, no Stroud, no Nico, Daulton?? no run game, an OL that has given up 16 sacks the last 4 games and that doesn't include all the other hits like the one that took CJ out, which should have been a f***ing PF by the way, no Cashman who's the only halfway decent cover LB they have, facing a rookie QB that the Texans seem to make look All Pro when they play those, Derrick Henry, who has 1,018 rushing yards and 10 TDs in his last 5 (FIVE) games against the Texans.

Plus the Inbreds will be decked out in Columbia blue, which wearing that curse could be advantage Texans, but man, the odds aren't looking too good. But that's why they go ahead play the games. A deflected pass INT here, a scoop and score there, a favorable ref call (yeah, I couldn't type that with a straight face), the ball bounces funny in the NFL.

We watch to be reminded how far the team has come from the horrors of the last two years

I'm going to go ahead & mark this one as a loss & I'm convinced it will be the most lopsided clown show we ever did see.

Nothing will surprise me come Sunday. Nothing. & I won't be mad. Because it's what I expect.

This one is definitely going to be up hill all the way. We have some decent talent but, unfortunately most of them are out injured. I suspect this will be one we will want to forget.

Because Mills beat the Titans with this lineup:

1702458346230.png

Was he supposed to beat the Titans with this offense? No, should be the answer.

If he gets the start, let's hope the current lineup is better and the defense decides to play like they did against the Broncos. That kind of defensive effort should elicit several mistakes by Levis.

Try looking at this as an audition game for Davis Mills. I’m pretty certain that Mills will see it that way. He knows, like everyone else, that he will never be the starting QB of the Texans. But I’d bet money he would like to have a chance with another team, and if he plays well, Nick might get another draft pick.😉

If Mills plays and looks decent he might bring some interest for a lower round pick. I think the Titans are going to tear us a new one. Henry as has been stated is going to run all over us and Levis is much better than many believed he would be. Looks like the 2nd best QB out of that bunch so far to me. We're too banged up to win this one.

I’m expecting to get curb stomped. A loss really puts this team on the outside looking in. They would have to win the last 3 and get some help. My early prediction is 27-13.

I’m expecting to get curb stomped. A loss really puts this team on the outside looking in. They would have to win the last 3 and get some help. My early prediction is 27-13.
I'm also expecting a lopsided loss. I just don't think the team has the horses to get it done. Happy to be proven wrong. Don't think I will be.

This entire team is built around CJ Stroud being upright and having a good day. If that isn't happening, the Texans just simply don't have the talent to win many games. And with Dell and Collins out, there isn't much left for ANY QB to throw to on the Texans.

What I predict is me being really pissed this Sunday. Not that there's much to be done about it. The Texans are seriously beat up right now, and at the worst time.

LOL.. you guys saying we’re gonna get our asses kicked, are the biggest bunch of bet hedgers I’ve seen in a long time. Stay away from the poker table.

Disagree. With that many playmakers down this isn’t about that at all. It’s about facing the truth. The Texans just don’t yet have the depth to handle this kind of injury situation and keep making progress IMO.

Disagree. With that many playmakers down this isn’t about that at all. It’s about facing the truth. The Texans just don’t yet have the depth to handle this kind of injury situation and keep making progress IMO.
They did have the depth, that’s why we’re 7-6. We haven’t seen all of the starters play together on both sides of the ball since, we’ll never. No team would have a high level of success if theyre hampered with all of the injuries like the Texans.

Last edited:
LOL.. you guys saying we’re gonna get our asses kicked, are the biggest bunch of bet hedgers I’ve seen in a long time. Stay away from the poker table.

You guys are funny. We’re going to win.

I think people have found it easier to type “we are going to lose but I will eat crow if we win”. It actually takes some balls to be a little brave and predict a win.

Part of it is posters that bring up every little detail someone has said over the last 12-24 months.

Back