Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 15: Texans vs Titans Preview- A Must Win

I’m so deflated about this game, I’ve managed to watch all the way through Davis Mills as QB for this team but I’ll be watching CnD’s injury reports going into this one carefully, if Mills is getting the start in this one then what is the point of tuning in?
Watching meals will remind us how good it is to have an NFL quarterback that's on our roster.

Interesting that the spread is still Titans by 2½. Should be easy money, eh?

Sometimes those guys that set the line know something.... I can't tell what they're up to here.

LOL.. you guys saying we’re gonna get our asses kicked, are the biggest bunch of bet hedgers I’ve seen in a long time. Stay away from the poker table.
Remind me what the expert gamblers are predicting again?

Impressive 28-27 win by the Titans on the road last night over the Dolphins.

Rookie Will Levis has been more productive than veteran Ryan Tannehill and will most likely start. In seven games, Levis is 130/223, 1,593 yds, 8 TDs, 3 INTs and a 86.8 rating.

Top rusher for the Titans is Derrick Henry - 214/875 yds, 4.1 avg., 10 TDs.

Top receiver for the Titans is DeAndre Hopkins - 57/898 yds, 6 TDs

Linebacker Azeez Al-Shaair leads the team in tackles with 124.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Davis Mills likely to start for the Texans. Mills is 5-20-1 as a starter. Career stats - 5,806 yards, 33 TDs, 25 INTs, 83.1 rating.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obviously the Texans could use a win here to keep their playoff hopes alive. The defense needs to fix what went wrong in their loss to the Jets. I suspect the offense will run more than normal with Mills at QB. The Titans might be in letdown mode after their big prime time win. Or maybe not. Could get ugly and that is fine as long as the Texans can pull out the win.
If Mills starts I hope he has a stellar outing and we win big. Might increase his trade value.

Remind me what the expert gamblers are predicting again?
These are the same expert gamblers that predicted Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins -13 last week. They can be wrong as much as anybody else. If they could really predict the outcome even 70% to 80% of the time they would all probably be retired millionaires instead of odds makers.

Even though in this case I have no faith in Mills so I wont be surprised by a Titan win. If I was Ryans I would let everybody think I was starting Mills & then on game day I would trot Keenum onto the field.

Today's injury report.

Will Anderson Jr........DE......Ankle........DNP
Blake Cashman...........LB......Hamstring....DNP
Nico Collins............WR......Calf.........DNP
George Fant.............OT......Hip..........DNP
C.J. Stroud.............QB......Concussion...DNP
Tavierre Thomas.........CB......Hamstring....DNP
Laremy Tunsil...........OT......Knee.........DNP
Noah Brown..............WR......Knee..........LP
Maliek Collins..........DT......Chest.........LP
Shaq Mason...............G......Calf..........LP
Henry To'oTo'o..........LB......Hamstring.....LP
Robert Woods............WR......Rest..........LP
Ka'imi Fairbairn.........K......Right Quad....FP
Dalton Schultz..........TE......Hamstring.....FP

These are the same expert gamblers that predicted Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins -13 last week. They can be wrong as much as anybody else. If they could really predict the outcome even 70% to 80% of the time they would all probably be retired millionaires instead of odds makers.

Even though in this case I have no faith in Mills so I wont be surprised by a Titan win. If I was Ryans I would let everybody think I was starting Mills & then on game day I would trot Keenum onto the field.

Here's the math - 1 guy bets on Tennessee (+13, -110). 1 guy bets on Miami (-13, -110). -110 means you put up $110 to win $100. Since Tennessee won, the Tennessee guy gets his $110 back + $100. The Miami guy lost his side so he loses $110. The book takes the $110 the Miami guy lost and pays the Tennessee guy his $100 and sticks $10 in their pocket. This is how Las Vegas was built.

The books have very sharp people setting the odds. The closer they get to nailing the spread and getting equal money coming in on both sides, the happier they are. When money starts coming in too strong on one side then up or down goes the spread.

Sure, they (the books) take a bath some weeks but over the course of a season, they make money.

The really nice bet on that game would have been to take the moneyline (+600) of Tennessee to win outright (which they did). A $100 bet would have paid out $600. Who had Miami losing the game, though? Any given Sunday, yada, yada....

If Mills starts I hope he has a stellar outing and we win big. Might increase his trade value.

I think that is a universal sentiment. I hope like hell that him sitting and watching a good QB somehow magically rubs off on him, but I doubt it. Watching CJ throw darts won’t help Mills throw darts. And with no Tank or Nico, a hobbled Noah and Dalton…his weapons are very limited.

this offensive staff needs to earn their salary this week, and come up with a game plan that is very creative, and shows a bunch of looks and formations the Titans haven’t seen. I know I know what I’m about to say…but I’m not opposed to some wildcat or other trickerations. And for god sakes, bury DP behind the bench. Let Devin carry the rock and get in a rhythm. I’ve already stated numerous times that Boone would be my guy, but stubborn is as stubborn does.

last thoughts - if the Texans manage to pull this out, this will be one of the best coaching efforts in the 20+ year history of the Texans. Given the way that Amy Adams is choosing to turn the knife into the backs of the old Oilers fans, I’d love nothing better than if the Texans stomp their asses into little ground bits…just don’t see it happening.

I think that is a universal sentiment. I hope like hell that him sitting and watching a good QB somehow magically rubs off on him, but I doubt it. Watching CJ throw darts won’t help Mills throw darts. And with no Tank or Nico, a hobbled Noah and Dalton…his weapons are very limited.

this offensive staff needs to earn their salary this week, and come up with a game plan that is very creative, and shows a bunch of looks and formations the Titans haven’t seen. I know I know what I’m about to say…but I’m not opposed to some wildcat or other trickerations. And for god sakes, bury DP behind the bench. Let Devin carry the rock and get in a rhythm. I’ve already stated numerous times that Boone would be my guy, but stubborn is as stubborn does.

last thoughts - if the Texans manage to pull this out, this will be one of the best coaching efforts in the 20+ year history of the Texans. Given the way that Amy Adams is choosing to turn the knife into the backs of the old Oilers fans, I’d love nothing better than if the Texans stomp their asses into little ground bits…just don’t see it happening.
I’m with you on Boone. I’d like to see him get a lot more playing time. I thought he looked better than the others in preseason.

Half our starters are out for this game. Unless the Titans shoot themselves in the foot, which can happen, I would expect a loss. You'll have Mills throwing to a bunch of nobody receivers and RBs getting a yard or two. I hope Stingley has a good day, maybe it'll help with a few lucky FGs.

Half our starters are out for this game. Unless the Titans shoot themselves in the foot, which can happen, I would expect a loss. You'll have Mills throwing to a bunch of nobody receivers and RBs getting a yard or two. I hope Stingley has a good day, maybe it'll help with a few lucky FGs.
Hopefully he will be throwing to our receivers rather than Titans defensive backs.

screenshot-2023-12-14-at-100028-am.webp

These are Will Levis' numbers now.

1702646157176.png

I bet they take a huge jump up after Sunday.

It's what we do.

I really hate to see us lose to the Oilers this weekend.
The Houston Oilers have been dead for over 2 decades. We saw the murder scene.

What we'll be seeing on Sunday is a bunch of hillbillies wearing merch that holds no emotional or historical value to the fan base and ONLY represents the gullibility of customers to give more of their hard earned money to another greedy billionaire.

There's zero nostalgia here. I'd hope the football demons give the Tits the same bad luck those unis brought to Houston, but I've got a feeling it's an Htown football curse. Just look at the Texans injury report for more examples. Just when we start hoping for playoffs, here comes the reality check.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

This thread reminds me of the Deltas moping at the Animal House after Dean Wormer expelled them from Faber. "What are we gonna do? We lost CJ, Tank, and Will. Omega House will kill us on Sunday. Our season is over. Wah!"

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? No! Will Levis? Dead! Derrick Henry? Dead! Neidermeyer? Dead! And his horse.

They did have the depth, that’s why we’re 7-6. We haven’t seen all of the starters play together on both sides of the ball since, we’ll never. No team would have a high level of success if theyre hampered with all of the injuries like the Texans.

Fair enough but now it's "spent" and they don't have it anymore.

Keenum gives this team a better chance to win then Mills imho. With a week to prep, I’d have gotten Case ready as my number 1. I’d also elevate Boone to lead starting RB.

coaches get stubborn and try to shoehorn guys into the roles they envisioned. It’s static thinking. Instead, you’ve got to think dynamically and fluidly. I love Ryans, and he’s my guy…but he isn’t beyond reproach or criticism.

Keenum gives this team a better chance to win then Mills imho. With a week to prep, I’d have gotten Case ready as my number 1. I’d also elevate Boone to lead starting RB.

coaches get stubborn and try to shoehorn guys into the roles they envisioned. It’s static thinking. Instead, you’ve got to think dynamically and fluidly. I love Ryans, and he’s my guy…but he isn’t beyond reproach or criticism.

there's not much any coach is going to be able to do with the situation the Texans are in right now. Our best talent is mostly all out for the game. You can't expect any team to win under those circumstances.

Back