Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 15: Texans vs Titans Preview- A Must Win

The question that we are all asking ourselves. Is this Davis Mills time to shine?

The answer? Maybe! December is the month of Mills. Davis is 4-5 as a starting QB in December. 3-18-1 in all other months. An 8:3 TD:INT ratio in December. Mills highest passer rating (90.0) is in December. His only rushing TD? That's right, it came in December.

What time is it? Davis Mills time. @cuppacoffee

The question that we are all asking ourselves. Is this Davis Mills time to shine?

The answer? Maybe! December is the month of Mills. Davis is 4-5 as a starting QB in December. 3-18-1 in all other months. An 8:3 TD:INT ration in December. Mills highest passer rating (90.0) is in December. His only rushing TD? That's right, it came in December.

What time is it? Davis Mills time.

You have provided sufficient evidence for me to motion that Davis Mills be renamed “Mr. December”. All in favor say I!

You have provided sufficient evidence for me to motion that Davis Mills be renamed “Mr. December”. All in favor say I!
IF he is the starter, I will name him whatever he wants IF he manages to decimate the wretched rednecks of whoville.

Otherwise I will be the Grinch that called him a poop poptart... a pooptart if you will.

I wonder if the announcers will make a point about the Titans wearing their Oiler uniforms against the Texans? I'll probably have to mute the game before I turn it off altogether.

If they lose Sunday, they'll have to win their last four games to make it to the playoffs, and that doesn't look possible at this time. But even if it's another crappy ending to the season to go along with the thousands of other we've had, it's obvious we're headed in the right direction. We haven't been able to say that in a very long time.

I wonder if the announcers will make a point about the Titans wearing their Oiler uniforms against the Texans? I'll probably have to mute the game before I turn it off altogether.

If they lose Sunday, they'll have to win their last four games to make it to the playoffs, and that doesn't look possible at this time. But even if it's another crappy ending to the season to go along with the thousands of other we've had, it's obvious we're headed in the right direction. We haven't been able to say that in a very long time.
Last three. They'd have to win out against Cleveland, Tennessee again, and Indy. Possible, but that's a hard row to hoe.

What pisses me off is that the Texans year thus far could easily ******* have us in the playoffs, and the realization is that with all these injuries it's turning into a highly unlikely situation. And after 10 years of Vladimir O'Brien and Consequences that pisses me off that we (likely?) have to wait another year depsite the clear, immense improvements and the fact that we could easily be like 10-3 or 9-4 even WITH all the injuries, games marred by horrendous officiating, and learning pains. God knows if we had something even resembling a full squad.

The answer? Maybe! December is the month of Mills. Davis is 4-5 as a starting QB in December. 3-18-1 in all other months. An 8:3 TD:INT ratio in December. Mills highest passer rating (90.0) is in December. His only rushing TD? That's right, it came in December.

What time is it? Davis Mills time. @cuppacoffee
Haven't heard from Cup in a while. Hope he's okay.

I'd think Keenum would be way too rusty

I agree Keenum may be a bit rusty. But, either Mills or Keenum, this is going to be a tough game for the Texans to win. Your top receivers are out, but Schultz will be back at TE at least. Three good defensive starters are out on the line and LBs, which means Derrik Henry will have field day.

A tough road to hoe. I'd be surprised if the Texans win this one, but I'm hoping DeMeco can pull a rabbit out of his hat.

So you'd have Keenum not get first team reps all week, after not playing all season, before trotting him out to be the starter on Sunday?
Keenum gives this team a better chance to win then Mills imho. With a week to prep, I’d have gotten Case ready as my number 1. I’d also elevate Boone to lead starting RB.

coaches get stubborn and try to shoehorn guys into the roles they envisioned. It’s static thinking. Instead, you’ve got to think dynamically and fluidly. I love Ryans, and he’s my guy…but he isn’t beyond reproach or criticism.

Look, the biggest mistake made by the Texans was not having a portable Deer Stand on the sideline for each and every game. Case gets a Birds Eye view of the game, which automatically keeps him sharp for an emergency start.

Unfortunately, Mills will get the start b/c of this very simple blunder.

The good, Case will be there to mentor Mills after every offensive series…..maybe a way to pad his resume as a QB Coach (if the Texans win) when he steps down as a player.

Look, the biggest mistake made by the Texans was not having a portable Deer Stand on the sideline for each and every game. Case gets a Birds Eye view of the game, which automatically keeps him sharp for an emergency start.

Unfortunately, Mills will get the start b/c of this very simple blunder.

The good, Case will be there to mentor Mills after every offensive series…..maybe a way to pad his resume as a QB Coach (if the Texans win) when he steps down as a player.
IMG_5041.png

I spoke with DeMeco. He isn’t as keen on Boone as me, but I was able to convince him that Mills sucks donkey balls. He used camel balls, so there was mild dispute on exactly which balls he sucks, but we both agreed he sucks a large land mammals balls…so some agreement. I made my Case for Case. I’m still working on Boone but that doesn’t look as good.

now I’m feeling somewhat more encouraged, although with injuries this is still a huge uphill climb. No matter who plays, you have to have some weapons out there, and we’re thinner than Karen Carpenters waistline at WR.

I agree Keenum may be a bit rusty. But, either Mills or Keenum, this is going to be a tough game for the Texans to win. Your top receivers are out, but Schultz will be back at TE at least. Three good defensive starters are out on the line and LBs, which means Derrik Henry will have field day.

A tough road to hoe. I'd be surprised if the Texans win this one, but I'm hoping DeMeco can pull a rabbit out of his hat.
This is why I have reverted to what was working early this season.

The games we "can't win" we did.
The games we "couldn't lose" we did.

So, I have returned to my negative talk cause I care.

I spoke with DeMeco. He isn’t as keen on Boone as me, but I was able to convince him that Mills sucks donkey balls. He used camel balls, so there was mild dispute on exactly which balls he sucks, but we both agreed he sucks a large land mammals balls…so some agreement. I made my Case for Case. I’m still working on Boone but that doesn’t look as good.

now I’m feeling somewhat more encouraged, although with injuries this is still a huge uphill climb. No matter who plays, you have to have some weapons out there, and we’re thinner than Karen Carpenters waistline at WR.
Hopefully XH can have a coming out party.

Case or Mills (I prefer Case) for the big win. Get RBs going with the mojo. Schultz will be back. Woods Metchie Hutchinson have to step up and of course the OL.
KPRC 2 Houston’s Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are expected to start Case Keenum in Week 15 against the Titans.

Last edited:
Here is the injury report for the game.

C.J. Stroud........QB..Concussion..DOUBTFUL

Will Anderson Jr...DE..Ankle.......OUT
Blake Cashman......LB..Hamstring...OUT
Tavierre Thomas....CB..Hamstring...OUT

Nico Collins.......WR..Calf........QUESTIONABLE
George Fant........OT..Hip.........QUESTIONABLE
Noah Brown.........WR..Knee........QUESTIONABLE
Shaq Mason.........G ..Calf........QUESTIONABLE
Henry To'oTo'o.....LB..Hamstring...QUESTIONABLE

In the past hour, 610 Sports Radio has X'd that Case is the starter tomorrow. Also Rapoport just said on NFL Network that it looks like Keenum is the starter.

Unless Mills got hurt in practice, that doesn’t make any sense. It was Mills who came in both times when Stroud left the game 3 different times this season.

I think Aaron Wilson is full of sh!t.

If this is true that Keenum will be starting, you can bet this wasn’t Nick’s decision, because this f’cked him out of another draft pick.

I get the line of thinking.

What I don't get at all is the notion that Caserio should have anything whatsoever to say about who's starting and who isn't.

Not only this up there but I dont think much of anyone cares anymore about wasting or not wasting (depending on your thoughts) a third on Mills.

I’m thrilled. I’ve been saying all week if the Texans are serious about actually trying to win this game, start Keenum. If they were out of the race, you’d see Mills to see if the guy has learned how to hit the broad side of a barn from 10 ft yet. But this is no time to hand the reins to a bad QB with no real weapons.

this makes me like DeMeco even more. He’s not playing politically correct bs games and doesn’t care if he hurts someone’s fragile ego. Ryans is playing to win. Whether he wins or not…to me this is a huge feather in DeMeco’s cap.

OK, but let's at least acknowledge that Case hasn't started a game since week 17 of the 2021 season. 2 starts in 4 seasons. So there are question marks involving Keenum as well. It is not an easy call either way.
IF Case does indeed start, he must have out played Mills by a large margin in practice this week. Or has that much more familiarity with the scout team receivers...

OK, but let's at least acknowledge that Case hasn't started a game since week 17 of the 2021 season. 2 starts in 4 seasons. So there are question marks involving Keenum as well. It is not an easy call either way.

As long as they don't bring CJ back to soon, I'm OK with whomever they go with at QB. They probably won't win with either one with their top recievers out. Keenum is my personal favorite between him and Mills, so I have to say that.

IF Case does indeed start, he must have out played Mills by a large margin in practice this week. Or has that much more familiarity with the scout team receivers...
Maybe? But I thought I had read that Coach Ryans was really happy with the work Mills had done with the scout team this season. The coaching staff has got to go with their gut.

Maybe? But I thought I had read that Coach Ryans was really happy with the work Mills had done with the scout team this season. The coaching staff has got to go with their gut.
If they were that comfortable with Mills I don't know why he would have been splitting reps with Case this week

If they were that comfortable with Mills I don't know why he would have been splitting reps with Case this week
You have to be kidding. Don't you realize that if Stroud is out, both Mills and Keenum will be activated. Wouldn't you want both to be familiar with the plays of this game's game plan? Wouldn't you expect the two backups to be splitting snaps?

Back