Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 7: Going into the Bye Week

If you read the article I posted, Cashman was not looking like even a decent backup when he first got to the NFL. PFF graded him in the 40's and at one point in a season he was like 20. When he got to Houston he improved his first year with about a 50 or 60 PFF score, keep in mind, 90 is pro bowl level. I think at this point so far he is grading out at a 74. Which is not JJ Watt level, but it sure is not just some random guy. It's a good and dependable player and judging by how he has looked I think by years end he very well could be a Pro Bowl grade player.

Here is a link for PFF. You can change the year with the drop down menu about 1/4th to 1/2 down the page to the left.

View attachment 12859
View attachment 12860

He was a rookie who I believe was coming off an injury. So of course he wasn’t going to be good right out the gates.

If you read the article I posted, Cashman was not looking like even a decent backup when he first got to the NFL. PFF graded him in the 40's and at one point in a season he was like 20. When he got to Houston he improved his first year with about a 50 or 60 PFF score, keep in mind, 90 is pro bowl level. I think at this point so far he is grading out at a 74. Which is not JJ Watt level, but it sure is not just some random guy. It's a good and dependable player and judging by how he has looked I think by years end he very well could be a Pro Bowl grade player.

Here is a link for PFF. You can change the year with the drop down menu about 1/4th to 1/2 down the page to the left.

View attachment 12859
View attachment 12860

We need to hope Cashman stays healthy. Ryans has him playing at a Pro Bowl level, but looking at his snap count, he's only been playing full time the last two games against Atlanta and New Orleans. His 90.3 grade has him ranked #1 LB (min 200 snaps).

Snaps.......................213
Defensive Grade......90.3
Run Defense............80.8
Tackling...................75.9
...............21 Tackles
...............10 Assists
................2 misses
................6.1 miss percentage
Pass Rush................76.3
................3 total pressures
.........................2 hits
.........................1 hurry
Coverage...................88.9

We need to hope Cashman stays healthy. Ryans has him playing at a Pro Bowl level, but looking at his snap count, he's only been playing full time the last two games against Atlanta and New Orleans. His 90.3 grade has him ranked #1 LB (min 200 snaps).

Snaps.......................213
Defensive Grade......90.3
Run Defense............80.8
Tackling...................75.9
...............21 Tackles
...............10 Assists
................2 misses
................6.1 miss percentage
Pass Rush................76.3
................3 total pressures
.........................2 hits
.........................1 hurry
Coverage...................88.9

I couldn't agree more. However, IF Meco keeps him more in a rotation over say 90% of the plays. He is by the odds, more likely to have 2 things happen. 1- Smaller chance of injury. No zero chance but less likely because he is in on every snap. 2- Barring an injury, he is more likely to keep playing at a very high level. Which is what is happening now.

That's just my .02 cents, but it is logical. Anyone can get injured at any point but not being involved in more than 60 to 75% of the defensive snaps wouldn't hurt keeping him healthy. Now if 1 or 2 guys step up and are playing the same way...even better

Have to say Im a bit surprised that the only teams so far to beat the Jags this season are the Texans and KC.... kind of annoying actually.... but.. still better than seeing the Titans on top of the AFCS.

If they arent careful I will eventually have to give them credit for improvement as well.... maybe.

Blake also playing for next contract and I am glad he's doing so well.

I hope he gets one. But, maybe not the 5yr type. Give him a 2 or 3 year deal with a bonus that makes everything work. Then if he maintains the level he is playing at this season, redo the deal after next year. I think he would take that type deal. And then next year he would redo the deal (if his play stays on par) for 5yrs and bigger money. Or perhaps the same money per year with a good bonus to make up for the original deal this off season

CJ taking in the Ohio State v Penn State game. On the sideline handing out high fives.

View attachment 12859
View attachment 12860

Dont care what PFF says.

Cashman is playing great. He was all over the field against the Saints.

Unfortunately, the game ball goes to Deshaun Watson getting hurt so that he got out of the Browns' defense's way, allowing them to beat the Colts.

Watson didn't look like he was hurt. Just slightly shaken. But, with an INT and 2 throws into the dirt...I think he decided no to embarrass himself past that. I haven't seen the official report on his "injury" only articles like this.

Sounds like Stingley is a month out.

I saw a report that it's an injury that is week to week. No surgery required. So, a month sounds like it could be legit.

In OTHER news, Meco is high on Myjai Sanders. And can't wait to get him on the field.

I saw a report that it's an injury that is week to week. No surgery required. So, a month sounds like it could be legit.

In OTHER news, Meco is high on Myjai Sanders. And can't wait to get him on the field.

You should go to the injury thread and read CnnnD comments posted today. Stingley has a serious tear that probably needs surgery. Whether the Texans agree is the question.

I’ve said several times but Tank can get open in a phone booth. That’s his super power. He won’t be the tackle breaking guy, but he can get shifty and juke a guy. Nico is more in the AJ mold. Uses his frame and power to break tackles. They are a fantastic duo and have different, but complimentary, body types and skill sets.

But we still need one more stud to make it a trio. Thats a discussion for after the season.

I’ve said several times but Tank can get open in a phone booth. That’s his super power. He won’t be the tackle breaking guy, but he can get shifty and juke a guy. Nico is more in the AJ mold. Uses his frame and power to break tackles. They are a fantastic duo and have different, but complimentary, body types and skill sets.

But we still need one more stud to make it a trio. Thats a discussion for after the season.

They need a guy who can do both. This draft has a bunch of them.

On the WR front of a trio, Hutchinson has been a nice addition. However, I have seen us linked to a few in next years draft. Mostly in sports writers mocks. Yet a couple of names that are on multiple occasions listed as predicted to be drafted by the Texans are:

Emeka Egbuku WR- Ohio State
Keon Coleman WR- FSU
Ja'Tavion Sanders TE- Texas
Brock Bowers- TE Georgia

The main one I keep seeing is Egbuka. But, I think he could be gone before we pick. Really, a lot of guys could either be still there or gone depending on how many QBs are taken. I have seen anywhere from about 4 to as many as 7 in the 1st. Our odds of snagging any of these guys probably depends on that. If 7 are taken...fewer WRs will be. Allowing for a better chance. If only 3 or 4 are picked, I see odds dropping off. True, some of the WRs that are 2nd, 3rd round ranked are very good as well.

On the WR front of a trio, Hutchinson has been a nice addition. However, I have seen us linked to a few in next years draft. Mostly in sports writers mocks. Yet a couple of names that are on multiple occasions listed as predicted to be drafted by the Texans are:

Emeka Egbuku WR- Ohio State
Keon Coleman WR- FSU
Ja'Tavion Sanders TE- Texas
Brock Bowers- TE Georgia

The main one I keep seeing is Egbuka. But, I think he could be gone before we pick. Really, a lot of guys could either be still there or gone depending on how many QBs are taken. I have seen anywhere from about 4 to as many as 7 in the 1st. Our odds of snagging any of these guys probably depends on that. If 7 are taken...fewer WRs will be. Allowing for a better chance. If only 3 or 4 are picked, I see odds dropping off. True, some of the WRs that are 2nd, 3rd round ranked are very good as well.
Give me either Nabers or Legette if things fall this way. I'm still hoping for Newton in rd1 and trading up for Legette in early rd2. Then drafting the best TE or RB available in rd 4.

Back