Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 9 Post Game: UnfknBelievable

With this fourth quarter comeback & the way the Texans have been scoring at the end of the first half this year I'm starting to gain confidence that if the Texans can keep the game close they can pull out a win.

It has been a long time since I have felt that the Texans had a snowballs chance in hell of scoring with less than a minute left in the game. I won't say I was confident but I did have legitimate hope.

Maybe the days of the game being over if the Texans fall behind early are over.

Im having fun lurking on one of the Panthers boards.

It's pretty entertaining given the context of last week and this week.

Last week it was how Young owns Stroud and that they made the real choice in taking Young.

To this week..... tear it all down.

I get it, and I would feel bad for them.... had they not implied in a few occasions that CJ is Youngs.... um..... lady friend..... so it's petty... but I don't care.... you enjoyed your victory... now... eat them words.

Last week it was how Young owns Stroud and that they made the real choice in taking Young.

I get it, and I would feel bad for them.... had they not implied in a few occasions that CJ is Youngs.... um..... lady friend..... so it's petty... but I don't care.... you enjoyed your victory... now... eat them words.
Man, what a horrific stat line Young had!
1699235085878.png

The offense had 75 yards to go, and Stroud had one message for his offensive line.
"If you give me a little bit of time, I will make them pay," Stroud said.

Texans safety Jalen Pitre walked to the sideline disappointed after the defense allowed the go-ahead score. But Pitre quickly realized the offense had two timeouts and 46 seconds and believed the Texans would still win.
And Stroud proved Pitre correct.
"That's not even coachable. They said something about he did a veggie meter to check how much veggies are in your bloodstream, and they found all ice," Pitre said with a smile. "He's like that for real. No vegetables, straight cold-blooded. [He's] ready for the moment, bro. I was about to put my head down, and I said, 'No. We still got time.' And they then start driving. [Stroud threw to] Dalton [Schultz], Noah [Brown], Tank and Tank. And I'm on the sidelines, smiling again."

From link I posted above:

"[Offensive coordinator] Bobby [Slowik] was looking for us to answer the bell," Stroud said. "We know we should have been way better against the Carolina Panthers, and he did a great job. He told me this game, 'You got to make plays and be special. You're a special player, go be special.' And he put the ball in my hand, and I appreciate that."

From link I posted above:

"[Offensive coordinator] Bobby [Slowik] was looking for us to answer the bell," Stroud said. "We know we should have been way better against the Carolina Panthers, and he did a great job. He told me this game, 'You got to make plays and be special. You're a special player, go be special.' And he put the ball in my hand, and I appreciate that."
I wish someone would ask him about the first half... what changed?

At the end of the season, the Texans will be kicking themselves for losing that game.
Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe it was the humiliation they use for the rest of the season to look past their hype and stay focused.

Jags aren't too far off.

I don't believe we are ready yet... but it sure would be nice to go from #2 over all to AFCS champs... just cause we don't want Titans, Jags or Colts to have it.

Ok possibly a dumb question, but what do we do about our kicking situation going into next week. Is Fairbairn's injury the type to recover by then? Are we going to keep Ogunbowale (yes, I looked him up after the game to watch the highlights along with countless others) active even if Pierce comes back? Will we be picking up one from somewhere? Are we just screwed regarding our general kicking situation? Like, what are our realistic options here?

Ok possibly a dumb question, but what do we do about our kicking situation going into next week. Is Fairbairn's injury the type to recover by then? Are we going to keep Ogunbowale (yes, I looked him up after the game to watch the highlights along with countless others) active even if Pierce comes back? Will we be picking up one from somewhere? Are we just screwed regarding our general kicking situation? Like, what are our realistic options here?
They will pick up a kicker who is available, if FairB can’t go.

The potential of this offense is crazy. Needs to be consistent because the QB can do work! We need to get some balance with the run game.

Now defensively, we need to tighten up when the game is on the line.
I hope they draft even more weapons. Can you imagine a Legette type wr and a stud RB? This offense could be one of the best in the NFL

With this fourth quarter comeback & the way the Texans have been scoring at the end of the first half this year I'm starting to gain confidence that if the Texans can keep the game close they can pull out a win.

It has been a long time since I have felt that the Texans had a snowballs chance in hell of scoring with less than a minute left in the game. I won't say I was confident but I did have legitimate hope.

Maybe the days of the game being over if the Texans fall behind early are over.
This is only going to get better as Ryans/Caserio add more talent.

Can you give me a link to the Panthers board?

And again how in the world did we lose to this? We just didn’t have our team prepared to play after the biweek
This is just part of the growing process. This includes the coaches and Stroud.

Imagine this MB if a miracle comeback hadn't happened. Slowik is trash, Ryans should be fired etc... Same stuff as after the Panthers game. Hopefully this game will represent a change in philosophy.

Last edited:

There are 15 dudes sitting at home or on practice squads who can do an adequate job of hitting extra points, most field goals under 50 yards, and kickoffs into the endzone.

Every team in the NFL has that Pantherslike loss during a season. Just don't make a habit of it.

The trick is winning the games you aren’t supposed to in order to balance out the duds. They did it against the Steelers. They definitely aren’t expected to beat the Bengals on the road. But if they did… i’d say it makes up for the Panthers dud. :)

We should all go easy on them poor Panther fans. That was their Super Bowl this year and the only week (so far) they have received any positive validation whatsoever.

Every team in the NFL has that Pantherslike loss during a season. Just don't make a habit of it.

True. One thing I think we can feel OK-to-good about is that it's pretty clear one of two things happened and both are addressable. Either they got a big head and penciled in the win because the Panthers were winless OR they came out of the bye week flat. For my part I believe the issue was penciling in the win. Young teams do that all the time. The point is we kinda "know" what went wrong. The loss, as ugly as it was is easy to explain.

I'm so tired of these NFC South quarterbacks having career and season high games against us only to immediately revert back to normal (or worse) immediately after.
All 4 games vs the NFC South were contested going down to the wire. Could have gone 0-4. Could have gone 4-0. I guess 2-2 is par for the course for this part of the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the stat lines as I was watching the Seattle Seahawks implode. I couldn't believe the numbers CJ put up today. Great job, Mister Stroud. He's got everything you want in a QB. Poise, confidence, control, understanding of the plays and coverages... man, I should have watched this game instead of the Seahawks. Oh well.

I'm so tired of these NFC South quarterbacks having career and season high games against us only to immediately revert back to normal (or worse) immediately after.

Texans need to be looking at the defense next draft it appears. Maybe stay away from the guys who are going to be coming off potentially career destroying injuries (but will be ready to go and back to form by training camp! Seriously he's already running!)

We should all go easy on them poor Panther fans. That was their Super Bowl this year and the only week (so far) they have received any positive validation whatsoever.
I understand that when your team has 0 wins you celebrate every victory you can find...... but there is also reality.

I like what I have seen from CJ. I can celebrate the victories.

But if I get carried away and start making claims of being a far superior team then.... I shouldnt be surprised when the fans of teams I talked trash about read my words and frustration with enjoyment when reality slaps me back down.

It comes with the territory, the more trash you talk, the more crow you should be ready to ingest later if you got it wrong.

Nothing wrong with a humble celebration, especially when you're celebrating your only victory.

I was puzzled at the 2nd attempt for a two point conversion that we again failed when we were only down by 1. I was so pissed. In a sports bar in Delaware. The volume was only up for the Ravens game so I couldn’t hear anything and didn’t realize that our kicker was actually out. I read on my phone that he was out and had an aha moment. Ogunbowale trots onto the field and a simple field goal becomes the most exciting play of the game to that point. Great win. What a game. YEEHAW!!

I was puzzled at the 2nd attempt for a two point conversion that we again failed when we were only down by 1. I was so pissed. In a sports bar in Delaware. The volume was only up for the Ravens game so I couldn’t hear anything and didn’t realize that our kicker was actually out. I read on my phone that he was out and had an aha moment. Ogunbowale trots onto the field and a simple field goal becomes the most exciting play of the game to that point. Great win. What a game. YEEHAW!!

Similar, eating BBQ out with the wife and the TV's had no volume I was like "WTH is Demeco's fascination with 2 point conversions?"

I understand that when your team has 0 wins you celebrate every victory you can find...... but there is also reality.

I like what I have seen from CJ. I can celebrate the victories.

But if I get carried away and start making claims of being a far superior team then.... I shouldnt be surprised when the fans of teams I talked trash about read my words and frustration with enjoyment when reality slaps me back down.

It comes with the territory, the more trash you talk, the more crow you should be ready to ingest later if you got it wrong.

Nothing wrong with a humble celebration, especially when you're celebrating your only victory.

One of the things I find amusing is how they talk about all the weapons and protection Stroud gets and how they would look like each other if their teams/situations were reversed. Didn't we only win 3 games in each of the last two years? I had no idea we were so amazing and deep. Are they really that much worse off talent-wise than we are? They won 7 games last year.

Texans need to be looking at the defense next draft it appears. Maybe stay away from the guys who are going to be coming off potentially career destroying injuries (but will be ready to go and back to form by training camp)
Defense needs some help, but so does the offense. Getting closer to being able to go BPA

Looks like Slowik took Stroud's comments to heart last week and turned the Kid loose. I saw CJ on the sideline at the end of the game thanking him. Good stuff there. And how about Schultz looking for work after that catch run, throwin' a stiff arm and elbow on two LB's. This team is playing hard for their coach, very fun to watch. :texflag:

Similar, eating BBQ out with the wife and the TV's had no volume I was like "WTH is Demeco's fascination with 2 point conversions?"
It puzzled me when DeMeco said he was confident that Dare could hit the 29 yarder. I was like, If you were so confident, why do you go for two on the two previous tries.

Then I realized he probably gained that confidence on the two kick offs Dare did after the 2 point conversions.

View attachment 12959
Howard is playing out of position and it shows.

Howard is so bad when Scruggs makes it back they should put him at LG and go with Deiter at center. 45 is really bad and what's worse is Howard is just as bad at both. Usually a guy is good at run blocking but bad at pass pro or vice versa. Howard is just bad at both.

Tunsil with a better run blocking grade than a pass pro grade. Wow

Texans need to be looking at the defense next draft it appears. Maybe stay away from the guys who are going to be coming off potentially career destroying injuries (but will be ready to go and back to form by training camp! Seriously he's already running!)

I'm hoping they can add pieces in FA for the defense and draft for the offense.

Something like this

Wilkins/ Hunter in FA, Also add A.J. Dillon

Draft

Legette
Best CB available
TE
RB

Back