Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Jets

ok Mrs Stingley. You try so hard to not give props to Sauce. It’s not Sauces fault who is out there. He has played an amazing game, I don’t give two shits who is playing.

lol, an amazing game would be him getting an int…He’s overrated…been overrated….& sorry I don’t give supposedly the cb in the game props for locking up a hobbled journeyman WR 4th down on the depth chart anymore than you would give a guy like Mills props for having a decent game against a bad team.

and you have low standards if you call his game “amazing”..to each their own tho.

Demeco and slowik really stunk it up today. Got crushed playing zone defense and didn’t adjust. Slowik not using the run game enough early on and calling long developing routes knowing his qb taken a beaten. Knowing Cj, he’s going to man up and take responsibility for this loss. The only bright spot on this team

I now reverse myself and start rooting for Jacksonville to come back and defeat Cleveland for the draft pick.

Sweeeeeep that one under the rug. First thing tomorrow morning better get ready for the Titans. The injury report is the most popular thing to read right now

Wilson is trash. They weren’t due for anything.
Geno Smith sucked and he left the Jets and is now a pretty good QB. Aaron Rodgers believes in Zach Wilson and so do I. It appears that the Zach Wilson that gave the Chiefs a run for their money showed up today as opposed to how be has played most of this season. Zach will be a pro bowler with the right team. Mark my word!

Geno Smith sucked and he left the Jets and is now a pretty good QB. Aaron Rodgers believes in Zach Wilson and so do I. It appears that the Zach Wilson that gave the Chiefs a run for their money showed up today as opposed to how be has played most of this season. Zach will be a pro bowler with the right team. Mark my word!
He who laughs last laughs loudest. Gino was worse than Zach Wilson and now he is a solid QB.

The AFC South is far from over:

DIVISION
JAX. 8-5 (BAL / @ TB / CAR / @ TEN (10-7)
IND. 7-6 (PIT / @ ATL / LV / HOU (9-8)
HOU 7-6 (@ TEN / CLE / TEN / @ IND (9-8)

WILD CARD
CLE. 8-5 (CHI / @ HOU / NYJ / @ CIN (10-7)
PIT. 7-6 (@ IND / CIN / @ SEA / @ BAL (7-10)
CIN. 7-6 (MIN / @ PIT / @ KC / CLE (9-8)

BUF. 6-6 (@ KC) (DAL / @LAC / NE / @ MIA (8-9)
DEN. 6-6 (@ LAC) (@ DET / NE / LAC / @ LV (9-8)

**Texans would still finish on the outside of the playoffs.**

Need our Fred Warner. Perryman is a beast against the run, liability in pass, Harris can run but has shown he just doesn’t have the instincts, Cashman is an injury waiting to happen so Not at all surprised he went out injured today….Tootoo is a JAG…some guy named Hansen was out on the field playing snaps today…that can’t happen to us in the future.

Need our Fred Warner. Perryman is a beast against the run, liability in pass, Harris can run but has shown he just doesn’t have the instincts, Cashman is an injury waiting to happen so Not at all surprised he went out injured today….Tootoo is a JAG…some guy named Hansen was out on the field playing snaps today…that can’t happen to us in the future.
Cashman has been healthy all yr. Harris is improving this aspect of his game. I look for them to bring in one of the guys that's played for Ryans in the past. Al Shaair or Burks would be big upgrades over Perryman and Too Too.

I would re-sign Cashman and move him to the Mike. There aren't many Warner's out there. But Cashman would be a really good Mike IMHO.

Last edited:
The AFC South is far from over:

DIVISION
JAX. 8-5 (BAL / @ TB / CAR / @ TEN (10-7)
IND. 7-6 (PIT / @ ATL / LV / HOU (9-8)
HOU 7-6 (@ TEN / CLE / TEN / @ IND (9-8)

Out of interest, which two do you have us winning? I had us beating TEN twice before today, but now with Stroud likely out next week I see a split. Cleveland and Indy both look very tough without getting some injury help

Out of interest, which two do you have us winning? I had us beating TEN twice before today, but now with Stroud likely out next week I see a split. Cleveland and Indy both look very tough without getting some injury help

I still have the team sweeping the Titans….even if Mills makes the start next week. I wouldn’t completely rule CJ out next week, he may clear protocol.

Well, the Texans now need to win four of their last five games if they hope to make it to the playoffs. I don't think that will happen.

I don’t want to see the Texans in the playoffs. Not this year. That would be counterproductive at this point. Weapons all injured, holes all up and down the roster. What we really need now are draft picks and plenty of them. One meaningless post season beat down accomplishes nothing. This team is at least a year from any sort of serious run.

Cashman has been healthy all yr. Harris is improving this aspect of his game. I look for them to bring in one of the guys that's played for Ryans in the past. Al Shaair or Burks would be big upgrades over Perryman and Too Too.

I would re-sign Cashman and move him to the Mike. There aren't many Warner's out there. But Cashman would be a really Mike IMHO.

Part of why cashman is where he is in his career with us is b/c he hasn’t been able to stay healthy..I agree he’s played well and been healthy for us this year, but I don’t know if I’d be willing and ready to feature that guy in a prominent role in defense beyond this year. Resign him sure, but I’m not breaking the bank to keep him.

Part of why cashman is where he is in his career with us is b/c he hasn’t been able to stay healthy..I agree he’s played well and been healthy for us this year, but I don’t know if I’d be willing and ready to feature that guy in a prominent role in defense beyond this year. Resign him sure, but I’m not breaking the bank to keep him.
I get what you're saying, what would you be willing to pay for a guy that plays 12 games a season at a high level?

I'm taking this into account and would be willing to sign him to a top mid tier contract. Kinda like Jimmy Ward, he's a very good player, leader but you go into this knowing he's only going to be available for 12 or 13 games.

Last edited:
Sometimes coaches have bad games too. Especially first year coaches. They've had way more great moments this season than bad.
I agree with you but the writing was on the wall heading into this game. The Panthers have only one win and that was against us, so I felt our team could very well lose to another inferior team and we did just that. The only real surprise for me was how much we lost by! I realize we are missing key players but we should still win against inferior teams. I really hope losing to the Jets wakes our guys up! I am not expecting that to happen. I am now looking forward to next season. I predict we get one more win this season and that is all!

I get what you're saying, what would you be willing to pay for a guy that plays 12 games a season at a high level?

I'm taking this into account and would be willing to sign him to a top mid tier contract. Kinda like Jimmy Ward, he's a very good player, leader but you go into thos knowing he's only going to be available for 12 or 13 games.

I have no idea what I’d pay for him. All I know is I don’t want a repeat of KGH. That 1 year he came here and played really well for us…then we brought him back thinking we’d get the same production and he could be a key vet in a young rebuilding defense….& he was certified grade A ass…so ass that we released him mid y.

I have no idea what I’d pay for him. All I know is I don’t want a repeat of KGH. That 1 year he came here and played really well for us…then we brought him back thinking we’d get the same production and he could be a key vet in a young rebuilding defense….& he was certified grade A ass…so ass that we released him mid y.
I don't think they will have to worry about Cashman playing well if healthy. Problem is that he will probably only be healthy 12-13 games a year max. If healthy he's on par with Logan Wilson and that's a top tier starter.

Back