Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game Day: Texans vs Titans

Just a little Keenum stardust is all it took. He made some mistakes and some rust, but he also showed some moxie and made some key throws. I’ll say this much. There is no way on Gods green Earth we win if Mills starts.
Come back soon CJ only when ready. I hate to see CJ out BUT CJ watching an old pro picking up the standard HAS to be good for his development. Maybe the perfect pause to catch a breath and learn from us old guys.

I’m here. They won like they should have. Nothing more. This season is not about participation trophies. This game was one I said I expected them to win. Now there’s 3 more, no excuse not to win them all. THAT is when I’ll give credit.
Im not for participation trophies either.

However, a division rival went all in on the trolling.

We went into this game about as crippled as you can be.... and managed the win.

IF this current team were all #1 on the roster... I would agree.... but this was a team held together by bubble gum and duct tape and they managed the win.

To go from the team we had been up until this season (that no doudt would have folded to the Titans) to the team we have now... is a VAST improvement that deserves recognition. No participation trophies to be had when you acknowledge and celebrate a win over a rival that thought for sure they were the vulture and you were wounded prey.

Im not for participation trophies either.

However, a division rival went all in on the trolling.

We went into this game about as crippled as you can be.... and managed the win.

IF this current team were all #1 on the roster... I would agree.... but this was a team held together by bubble gum and duct tape and they managed the win.

To go from the team we had been up until this season (that no doudt would have folded to the Titans) to the team we have now... is a VAST improvement that deserves recognition. No participation trophies to be had when you acknowledge and celebrate a win over a rival that thought for sure they were the vulture and you were wounded prey.
I’m saying I want to see us finish the regular season by beating the teams we should beat and not have another Zach Wilson game happen, while also making the playoffs. Demeco sent pressure today when he needed to. That needs to happen more often. It had not before today.

I’m saying I want to see us finish the regular season by beating the teams we should beat and not have another Zach Wilson game happen, while also making the playoffs. Demeco sent pressure today when he needed to. That needs to happen more often. It had not before today.
All teams have bad days that make the Zack Willsons of the league look good.

Its how you respond to those games. It's never pleasant but it happens.

TBH if we make the playoffs THAT in itself would be highly likely a "participation trophy" on the same level as a win today unless you truly believe this team is ready.

I enjoy the victories that come and while I am thrilled with the progress and want a playoff appearance I do not expect much out of them in the playoffs.... so I dont understand your logic if you shrug off this win and withhold credit where its due.... but give it if they are likely one and done in the playoffs.... a win is a win and less of a participation trophy.. being a win... than a loss in the playoffs.

TBH if we make the playoffs THAT in itself would be highly likely a "participation trophy" on the same level as a win today unless you truly believe this team is ready.

I enjoy the victories that come and while I am thrilled with the progress and want a playoff appearance I do not expect much out of them in the playoffs.... so I dont understand your logic if you shrug off this win and withhold credit where its due.... but give it if they are likely one and done in the playoffs.... a win is a win and less of a participation trophy.. being a win... than a loss in the playoffs.
I don’t think they would be a one and done in the playoffs.

I’m here. They won like they should have. Nothing more. This season is not about participation trophies. This game was one I said I expected them to win. Now there’s 3 more, no excuse not to win them all. THAT is when I’ll give credit.
So you can't even acknowledge your 'DeMeco is trash' talk you had earlier today? What a stand-up (two-faced) guy you are...

So you can't even acknowledge your 'DeMeco is trash' talk you had earlier today? What a stand-up (two-faced) guy you are...
First of all. It’s my opinion and mine only. There had not been enough blitz calls in the recent weeks which is why Zach Wilson for example put up 30 points on them. Same thing with Spencer Riddler, Baker Mayfield, etc. HOWEVER, the fact this gets you so upset that you resort to personal insults says more about you actually.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
The jerseys are 1 thing..but this ****….this coupled with the jerseys…this is the ultimate sign of disrespect that these inbred shitheads feel like it’s appropriate or even that they feel comfortable sporting all this against us given the history with this town.

I hope the hometown Houston Cougar Case comes thru and sends these faggots home early. I’ve never wanted to win a Titans game more than this 1…
I wanted to win the VY fanboy game more than this game.

Last edited:
I think they win two out of three.

The NYJ game was just a bad game. Agreed about not bringing the pressure against Atlanta and Carolina.

Like I've said before playoff experience is invaluable to the young guys on this team.

Right the season was suppose to be about continuing the rebuild, praying that CJ was better than his test scores suggested, seeing if DeMeco could live up to his mentor and hoping we didn't give Arizona to good a pick.

What this season has become is a QB that not only is a lock for rookie of the year but is a long shot, dark horse for MVP, a coach that is arguably the front runner for coach of the year and, oh yeah, a possible playoff run in a year that we were suppose to be so bad the NFL didn't give us any prime time games. All this plus a 3rd round WR that is looking like the biggest steal of the draft and the 5th most cap space with a team that FAs actually will want to play on.

I think they've earned a little credit now.

Like I've said before playoff experience is invaluable to the young guys on this team.

There is an old saying in sports that you have to lose the big game before you are ready to win it. That doesn't always hold true but I would rather they get to the playoffs, feel what that pressure is like and how bright those lights are now while we are still rebuilding then in a year or two when we will, hopefully, make a serious run.

Oh, I want the playoffs. Dont get me wrong.... I believe it helps long term.... I just dont understand why someone would give them credit for a limited run in the play offs, but not give the team credit for shutting up a team trolling them hardcore when they were rolling deep with backups.

They said they don't believe they would be one and done so.. if they believe the Texans are ready, then their logic holds up. I just cant be that optimistic.

I've adjusted my expectations as the season has gone a long and it would be a huge disappointment if they miss the playoffs.... but I also haven't forgotten that I expected this to be a long, painful, ugly, growing season.

It's had its frustrations, but... been much better than I expected.

Oh, I want the playoffs. Dont get me wrong.... I believe it helps long term.... I just dont understand why someone would give them credit for a limited run in the play offs, but not give the team credit for shutting up a team trolling them hardcore when they were rolling deep with backups.

They said they don't believe they would be one and done so.. if they believe the Texans are ready, then their logic holds up. I just cant be that optimistic.

I've adjusted my expectations as the season has gone a long and it would be a huge disappointment if they miss the playoffs.... but I also haven't forgotten that I expected this to be a long, painful, ugly, growing season.

It's had its frustrations, but... been much better than I expected.
This is where I was at, but I thought they would win 10 games slightly above avg QB play and relative health on the ol. I still believe they will 10 games. Although the injuries across the board has put this in jeopardy. Missing Dell, Collins is a really big deal for a throwing team. They currently have bottom feeder WR's that struggle to get separation.

I also expected Pierce to run for 1,300 yds and add another 300-400 in the passing game, so what do I know.

This is where I was at, but I thought they would win 10 games slightly above avg QB play and relative health on the ol. I still believe they will 10 games. Although the injuries across the board has put this in jeopardy. Missing Dell, Collins is a really big deal for a throwing team. They currently have bottom feeder WR's that struggle to get separation.

I also expected Pierce to run for 1,300 yds and add another 300-400 in the passing game, so what do I know.

It really seems like Pierce doesn't fit the ZBS style of offense at all.

So now you're saying the team that has an overrated HC whose defense ain't all that who you were ragging on when they were down 13-0, won like they should have and there's no excuse to lose anymore games?
:toropalm:

So now you're saying the team that has an overrated HC whose defense ain't all that who you were ragging on when they were down 13-0, won like they should have and there's no excuse to lose anymore games?
LMAO. That's TT logic at its finest. I guess once you spend the majority of your time on this forum in the Watson threads and he goes out for the season, your skepticism, pessimism, negativity and whining have to be redirected to someone and DeMeco is the new target.

Last edited:

My late aunt said something to me when I was a little kid that became etched into my brain. She said “no matter what you say or do, no matter where you go, no matter what the circumstance, there is always ALWAYS going to be that one in the crowd.”

There is an old saying in sports that you have to lose the big game before you are ready to win it. That doesn't always hold true but I would rather they get to the playoffs, feel what that pressure is like and how bright those lights are now while we are still rebuilding then in a year or two when we will, hopefully, make a serious run.
I remember the Kubiak team struggling to get “over the hump” of a winning season, taking moral victories in finishing 8-8, struggling to qualify for the playoffs, before ever thinking about the next step of “are we actually challenging to win the superbowl now?”. The window closed before we got there because people like DeMeco and Schaub didn’t stay healthy long enough for it to happen.

This seemed like a nothing season to me coming in, hope to see improvement, pray for 6/7 wins, please say the QB looks like he could develop.

Instead, we are into December and every game feels like it is must win, the bullets are flying and the pressure is on, all the good teams deal with that this time of year whether they make the playoffs or not, the sad teams don’t feel that pressure, it’s great experience to have to overcome it.

I hope they do get to the playoffs, and whatever they do once there will give them the experience of the next level, because the pressure only rises the further you get, and that is great esxperience for all concerned.

I also have the memory of an Eli Manning Giants team that snuck in and won it all when you wouldn’t have given them a chance at this stage, long shot but gotta be in it to win it!

The NYJ game was just a bad game. Agreed about not bringing the pressure against Atlanta and Carolina.
It seems Ryans plays with the least amount of risk depending on opponent which isn't a good trait to have. Just like yesterday, I think it was a bad decision to run the clock down to kicka 54 yd fg when you have downs and 2 tos. It worked out, but I don't think that's a good quality to have. If I were grading rookie coaches, I think Steinchen has shown to be a better coach.

It seems Ryans plays with the least amount of risk depending on opponent which isn't a good trait to have. Just like yesterday, I think it was a bad decision to run the clock down to kicka 54 yd fg when you have downs and 2 tos. It worked out, but I don't think that's a good quality to have. If I were grading rookie coaches, I think Steinchen has shown to be a better coach.

Steichen has done an incredible job in Indy. I have not watched enough Colts games to be able to count the poor coaching decisions like I have with the Texans.

I agree I would’ve ran another play to make the distance easier. But I think DeMeco did not want a negative play and could see Singletary was gassed after the td was called back. I would not have gone pass in that situation so figure their thinking was maybe he’d get 3-4 yards if they ran another play?

The odds of Kaimi missing don’t go down from 54 yards as much as the odds that they have a negative play take them out of range altogether must have been their thinking imo. Glad it worked out, but like you I was disappointed in the decision making post td flag.

We will see, they both are really good and time will tell. It's very close.

I'm sure Ryans was afraid of getting a penalty or having a sack happen to knock them out of FG range. Plus he obviously has a lot of trust in Fairbairn. I can see why he made the call he did although I would have done what you were calling for.

On a side note, who are some of the RB's that are like Achane, Mitchell coming out in this year's draft?

We will see, they both are really good and time will tell. It's very close.

I'm sure Ryans was afraid of getting a penalty or having a sack happen to knock them out of FG range. Plus he obviously has a lot of trust in Fairbairn. I can see why he made the call he did although I would have done what you were calling for.

On a side note, who are some of the RB's that are like Achane, Mitchell coming out in this year's draft?
Bucky Irving of Oregon. I wanted Keaton Mitchell whom went undradfted to Ravens. Braelen Allen of Wisconsin is an intriguing guy because of his size, but they run inside/outside zone. 6'2 245 4.5 guy with good pad level

I also was conflicted with the play calling but I will say this… I ultimately thought it was the right decision. We were “game managing” to win. If Stroud was behind center, I have no doubt we would have attempted to get closer. This was a game of field goals, not touchdowns.

Bucky Irving of Oregon. I wanted Keaton Mitchell whom went undradfted to Ravens. Braelen Allen of Wisconsin is an intriguing guy because of his size, but they run inside/outside zone. 6'2 245 4.5 guy with good pad level
I'm hoping after the draft they end up with one of Benson, Allen, Irving and also add a cheap vet like Justice Hill in FA as well as retaining Singletary.

I hope they stop using Ogunawale in the backfield

I agree I would’ve ran another play to make the distance easier. But I think DeMeco did not want a negative play and could see Singletary was gassed after the td was called back. I would not have gone pass in that situation so figure their thinking was maybe he’d get 3-4 yards if they ran another play?

The odds of Kaimi missing don’t go down from 54 yards as much as the odds that they have a negative play take them out of range altogether must have been their thinking imo. Glad it worked out, but like you I was disappointed in the decision making post td flag.
Bingo, like those pesky ill-timed false starts or a hold.

Steichen has done an incredible job in Indy. I have not watched enough Colts games to be able to count the poor coaching decisions like I have with the Texans.

Don't forget the possibility of another penalty pushing us back another 5 to 15 yards.

8-6 and tied for first place and you don't think this is a serious run?

Back