Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Titans. Welcome back Fairbairn

Texansballer74

The Marine
Beautiful comeback win.

The defense played lights out in the second half. The offense was able to generate enough offense to pull off the comeback win.
The game ball goes to Fairbairn, welcome back. We don’t win this game with the place kicker we had while Fair was out.

Singletary was big time in this game.
The front four was getting after it and they shut Henry down. Both Brown and Schlutz were huge as well.

A must win and we got it. Still in the playoffs hunt.

Beautiful comeback win.

The defense played lights out in the second half. The offense was able to generate enough offense to pull off the comeback win.
The game ball goes to Fairbairn, welcome back. We don’t win this game with the place kicker we had while Fair was out.

Singletary was big time in this game.
The front four was getting after it and they shut Henry down. Both Brown and Schlutz were huge as well.

A must win and we got it. Still in the playoffs hunt.

As I posted before: Hawaiian Wings from Wingstop. Hawaiian Rolls! Hawaiian PUNCH! Pineapple! Hawaiian BBQ! This is Dinner tonight!

Everyone needed to step up today to grind out this win. It was nice to see Devin Singletary dominate with hard runs even when some were called back due to penalties. Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz made key grabs. So thankful for Fairbairn! Defense as a whole played clutch when it mattered. Ugly, hard fought win for our team.

Hoping we get healthy and keep up momentum. These last couple of games are going to be huge!

Getting a win on the road against a division rival is great.

Getting a win as such with so many key starters out is amazing.

Getting the win to keep our playoff hopes alive is awesome.

Getting the win in the face of obvious and pathetic trolling by said rivals is the best.

Honest question.. did we just exorcise the curse of the Oilers?

I watched the 1st half. Ol boy I thought we would lose but I did say I trust Houston’s legend Kase Keenum and man, is there any backup better than him? I honestly believe he’s a starter on probably 10 teams. I mean it’s rare you have 2 high motor qbs on the same team and I believe Case is a naturally gifted football player. Would love to see him become an Oc and maybe head coach one day. One of my wrong predictions this season was Davis Mills would be traded this season. I expect him to be if not draft than next season when a starting qb gets hurt in the early weeks. It’s always a good Sunday when we beat those loser titans. Oh yeah and big ups to our goat kicker John Christian Kaʻiminoeauloamekaʻikeokekumupaʻa "Kaʻimi" Fairbairn

Big win for Texans...Now we have the Browns at home...

bring-it-are-you-ready-1.gif

That OT was something else.

Tennessee's last possession I think they only needed about 20-25 yards to get into FG position. Defense came up big.

A tie would have sucked.

Texans were backed up and then there was the 41 yard pass to Singletary flipping field position.

I saw "TD!" in the game thread and then felt let down by the penalty that called it back. (stream was lagging).

Caught the game winning kick by Fairbairn live on the NFLN. Whoop!

-------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, CJ is back next week.

------------------------------------------------

Early line is showing "pickem" to Texans favored by 1½ over Cleveland next week.

This makes Jags vs. Ravens very interesting tonight.....

How sweet is it to have a kicker who can make 50+ yard FGs? Nice to see John Christian back.

The job the defense did on Derrick Henry was incredible. After over 1,000 rushing yards and 10 TD in his last 5 games against the Texans, he's held to 10 total yards (9 rushing) on 20 total touches (16 carries). Titans offense only had 2 possessions end in a score.

Stingley easily with his best game as a pro.

Singletary with a massive game. Not only 121 rushing yards, but 170 from scrimmage. Sorry, I just don't need to see any more Pierce. He doesn't work in this offense.

Case looked like he hadn't played in a while. The pick 6 was ugly. Seemed to be way too focused on Brown early on and probably rightfully so. Receiver room is a MAJOR weakness right now. Things seemed to start clicking a little better when he got Schultz involved. Gotta say, win or lose I still would have rather seen Case over Mills.

Texans had no business winning this one but that's not how the NFL works. The games are played for a reason. Can't count on that every week, so getting CJ back and Nico as well, still are very big deals.

And it didn't hurt that the Inbreds dress up in the most choke job uniforms of all time and right on queue, the choke blue does what it does. That's why I wished the Texans would quit trying so hard to get that choke blue into their color scheme.

Nobody is posting on that thread but me. So I decided to post it here.
Just my 2p TB but I appreciate you posting that stuff, both in the one thread and as and when it is relevant to other threads, even if it is only you doing so it brings something to the forum, another resource and you should carry it on like CNDs injury threads, transaction threads etc. If others have their stuff to contribute they will add that and as a whole we’ll catch on to the best alternative media covering the Texans that way.

Went out and raked leaves at the half. Wife came out and asked me if I wanted to go eat. Settled on Rudy’s and had a nice late lunch and was just about over the whole “Losing to the Oilers” funk (BBQ has that effect on me. Tacos work too) and when I got home I wondered how bad it was by the end. WTF?

I guess I just don’t get to watch the Texans. It’s me. I watch and they lose. I walk away and they pull through.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Ka’imi Fairbairn kicked a 54-yard field goal as time expired in overtime and the Houston Texans rallied from a 13-point deficit without C.J. Stroud to beat the Tennessee Titans 19-16 Sunday.
The Texans (8-6) entered the day one spot outside of the AFC’s seven-team playoff field. They kept pace by winning without several key players, including Stroud — their standout rookie quarterback — along with top receiver Nico Collins, right tackle George Fant and a pair of defensive starters out injured.
Case Keenum made his first start since Week 17 of the 2021 season for Cleveland. He filled in for Stroud, the No. 2 overall pick who didn’t practice all week while in the concussion protocol and didn’t travel. Keenum threw for 229 yards and helped Houston outgain the Titans 340-204.
Titans (5-9) rookie quarterback Will Levis left with 1:49 left in overtime after being sacked for the seventh time with his left leg caught underneath him in the pile. He didn’t put pressure on the leg as he was helped off initially, then walked off. He was jogging on the sideline after a check in the medical tent.
Fairbairn, in his first game back after missing the last five with an injured quadriceps muscle, helped the Texans claw back. He made field goals of 23, 27 and 53 yards as the offense stalled close to the goal line.
Keenum drove the Texans to their lone touchdown with 3:03 left, helping tie it at 16 and force overtime. He found Noah Brown for a 3-yard TD pass.

Devin Singletary ran for 121 yards and nearly finished the game with a 34-yard TD run in the final seconds of overtime. His run was wiped out by a holding call on John Metchie, setting up Fairbairn’s field goal.
The loss clinched the second consecutive losing season for the Titans in coach Mike Vrabel’s six seasons.
The Texans also spoiled Tennessee’s day wearing wearing their Oilers’ throwbacks against the team that replaced them in Houston. The oil derrick logo team founder Bud Adams brought with him to Tennessee in 1997 was at midfield with the Oilers’ nickname in both end zones and decorated the walls along the field.
Vrabel even wore a cowboy hat in honor of late Oilers coach Bum Phillips. Vrabel wore the hat to the stadium, on the field during pregame warmups and in the tunnel as his Titans ran onto the field before kickoff.

Earl Campbell, the Pro Football Hall of Fame running back with the Oilers and the NFL MVP in 1979, attended and visited pregame with the franchise’s current rushing leader Eddie George and current running back Derrick Henry.
Billy “White Shoes” Johnson was inducted into the team’s Ring of Honor at halftime.
INJURIES
Texans safety Jimmie Ward left late on the Titans’ opening drive for a concussion evaluation and didn’t return.
Tyjae Spears 9 for 33 yards 3.3; Derrick Henry 16 for 9 yards .6

We can defend the run!

Went out and raked leaves at the half. Wife came out and asked me if I wanted to go eat. Settled on Rudy’s and had a nice late lunch and was just about over the whole “Losing to the Oilers” funk (BBQ has that effect on me. Tacos work too) and when I got home I wondered how bad it was by the end. WTF?

I guess I just don’t get to watch the Texans. It’s me. I watch and they lose. I walk away and they pull through.
well.. yeah but you did have barbeque...

That OT was something else.

Tennessee's last possession I think they only needed about 20-25 yards to get into FG position. Defense came up big.

A tie would have sucked.

Texans were backed up and then there was the 41 yard pass to Singletary flipping field position.

I saw "TD!" in the game thread and then felt let down by the penalty that called it back. (stream was lagging).

Caught the game winning kick by Fairbairn live on the NFLN. Whoop!

-------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, CJ is back next week.

Early line is showing "pickem" to Texans favored by 1½ over Cleveland next week.

This makes Jags vs. Ravens very interesting tonight.....
After Singletary's TD, I high 5 everyone but the dang Yorkie who refused; guess she know the flag was coming.

Off subject but when the 8-5 Jaguars lose tonight, are we officially in the wild card spot? I assume the Colts will be in 1st place and jags will fall to 3rd behind the Texans
I could not get us in the wild card spot using the ESPN simulator this week. That’ll happen next week. Ironically… we are in full control of our destiny right now. All we have to do is win two.

Guess I'll pay for those playoff tickets . Due tomorrow I think
I opted out thinking we were done. Hell, I may just call them back to get them. Although I’m not sure if I want to be around that obnoxious playoff crowd. Most of them don’t even know what they’re watching and only there because it’s the playoffs and it’s just something to do. I remember the last playoff game we had. Big crowd but they weren’t even helping our defense.

Guess I'll pay for those playoff tickets . Due tomorrow I think
I opted out thinking we were done. Hell, I may just call them back to get them. Although I’m not sure if I want to be around that obnoxious playoff crowd. Most of them don’t even know what they’re watching and only there because it’s the playoffs and it’s just something to do. I remember the last playoff game we had. Big crowd but they weren’t even helping our defense.

They don't have pay as you play option anymore?

Back