Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Titans. Welcome back Fairbairn

Everyone needed to step up today to grind out this win. It was nice to see Devin Singletary dominate with hard runs even when some were called back due to penalties. Noah Brown and Dalton Schultz made key grabs. So thankful for Fairbairn! Defense as a whole played clutch when it mattered. Ugly, hard fought win for our team.

Hoping we get healthy and keep up momentum. These last couple of games are going to be huge!

Yes! Well said
But holy **** did the defense SHOW UP and OUT or what???

Something beautiful happened today that isn’t going to be talked about. Bobby Slowik realized mid game that having Beck out there as a blocker was something hindering the run game. Texans ran more out of 12 man/shotgun sets and the run game exploded. More of that.

On the other hand towards the end of the game before OT he did 6 consecutive shotgun empty backfield pass plays that all failed miserably. It all started towards the end of regulation after Singletary just ran for a big gain. Was some overTHINKING going on IMO.

gotitans.com

Yeah I've checked it a few times. They are all saying how pathetic it is we are celebrating beating an under 500 team. They're not mentioning that we are celebrating because the Tits ownership decided to spit in the face of the Houston Oiler fans.

What makes it worse was that it was so unnecessary. It wasn't going to get in the heads of Texan players or coaches because it was way before their time. It wasn't going to affect the McNair's other than maybe make fans even happier they brought pro football back to Houston. The only ones it was going to really upset was the old fans. 30 years later and that family is still bitter and petty.

On the other hand towards the end of the game before OT he did 6 consecutive shotgun empty backfield pass plays that all failed miserably. It all started towards the end of regulation after Singletary just ran for a big gain. Was some overTHINKING going on IMO.
Going straight into a run play after a nice passing play is a bit obvious - why not go with another passing play to cement the previous one and put the D on their heels?

Yeah I've checked it a few times. They are all saying how pathetic it is we are celebrating beating an under 500 team. They're not mentioning that we are celebrating because the Tits ownership decided to spit in the face of the Houston Oiler fans.

What makes it worse was that it was so unnecessary. It wasn't going to get in the heads of Texan players or coaches because it was way before their time. It wasn't going to affect the McNair's other than maybe make fans even happier they brought pro football back to Houston. The only ones it was going to really upset was the old fans. 30 years later and that family is still bitter and petty.
Lol
Did they mention it was in their house?

Something beautiful happened today that isn’t going to be talked about. Bobby Slowik realized mid game that having Beck out there as a blocker was something hindering the run game. Texans ran more out of 12 man/shotgun sets and the run game exploded. More of that.
Slowik is making alot of rookie mistakes. They had 2nd and 1 with 2 tos on the 8 yd line after a good run and 30 seconds. He passed on 2nd down and tried to run on 3rd down. Then after a 20 yd run, he calls empty set, then 2 more passes. I'm keep saying that his play calling is going to cost this team a critical game because he's wasting plays.

I'm grateful that family decided to be petty today. No event in the 27 years since the Oilers left Houston has helped me to emotionally move on from losing that franchise like this game did today. There's no feeling of loss anymore, just relief that Houston fans have nothing to do with that family and their snakebit franchise.

It's like watching your ex-gf make her current boyfriend utterly miserable as you say to yourself "Wow, I'm actually glad that she cheated on me."

I do miss those old uniforms, but just like your ex looking hot while acting like a crazy beotch, appearances don't matter anymore. Only being happy does, and today I'm quite happy.

Slowik is making alot of rookie mistakes. They had 2nd and 1 with 2 tos on the 8 yd line after a good run and 30 seconds. He passed on 2nd down and tried to run on 3rd down. Then after a 20 yd run, he calls empty set, then 2 more passes. I'm keep saying that his play calling is going to cost this team a critical game because he's wasting plays.

Totally agree. He is a rookie OC so hopefully he learns.

I'm grateful that family decided to be petty today. No event in the 27 years since the Oilers left Houston has helped me to emotionally move on from losing that franchise like this game did today. There's no feeling of loss anymore, just relief that Houston fans have nothing to do with that family and their snakebit franchise.

It's like watching your ex-gf make her current boyfriend utterly miserable as you say to yourself "Wow, I'm actually glad that she cheated on me."

I do miss those old uniforms, but just like your ex looking hot while acting like a crazy beotch, appearances don't matter anymore. Only being happy does, and today I'm quite happy.

Right on!

Today, for the very first time since they left, I feel apathetic to it all. It’s like a ‘demon’ has been exorcised from me.

We are the Texans now and there’s where my whole heart is. Not attached to some bygone memory.

On to next week…

Further proof that they have no concept about the uniform and its history. Up 13-0 at their house and losing in true Oiler fashion in OT. Let them wear that choke blue forever for all I care. It’s a curse and they now own it. Congrats Inbreds.

Published just before yesterday's game. I don't believe for a minute that it was Vrabel's decision to wear "Bum's hat." In fact, he probably felt stupid wearing it pregame......and humiliated post game. This whole Bum and Luv ya Blue event was an organized effort on the part of Amy Adams to stick a needle in the eye of Houston. It ended up sticking a poker up the ass of the vengeful biatch.

Mike Vrabel honors Bum Phillips by wearing cowboy hat to Texans game

The Rest of the Story

Last edited:
Further proof that they have no concept about the uniform and its history. Up 13-0 at their house and losing in true Oiler fashion in OT. Let them wear that choke blue forever for all I care. It’s a curse and they now own it. Congrats Inbreds.

The game yesterday kind of gave me closure on the whole Oilers thing. The cosplay was in full effect complete with choking away a double digit lead. We have a new identity now. We are the Texans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched Earl Campbell in college and was thrilled when the Oilers drafted him, so long-time fan.

I remember when Bud wanted Houston to build him a new stadium when you could get 2 tickets to the game by dropping off 2 sacks of grocery at Gallery Furniture for the food bank!

Mattress Mack bought up enough unsold tickets so the game wouldn’t be blacked out on local TV.

Houston said hell no, so Bud took his toys to another state and the rest is history.

Screw the Adams. So happy Bud died without ever hoisting the Lombardi trophy.

Published just before yesterday's game. I don't believe for a minute that it was Vrabel's decision to wear "Bum's hat." In fact, he probably felt stupid wearing it pregame......and humiliated post game. This whole Bum and Luv ya Blue event was an organized effort on the part of Amy Adams to stick a needle in the eye of Houston. It ended up sticking a poker up the ass of vengeful *****.

Mike Vrabel honors Bum Phillips by wearing cowboy hat to Texans game

The Rest of the Story
They can both choke on a long, floppy, veiny one.

tie breakers only come into play at end of season. We win out an 11- 6 Jags go 10- 7 and Colts 10-7 we are in play offs.
I'm still confused about the playoffs picture because somehow Cincinnati is ahead of us even though we beat them and they have a worse conference record.

I watched Earl Campbell in college and was thrilled when the Oilers drafted him, so long-time fan.

I remember when Bud wanted Houston to build him a new stadium when you could get 2 tickets to the game by dropping off 2 sacks of grocery at Gallery Furniture for the food bank!

Mattress Mack bought up enough unsold tickets so the game wouldn’t be blacked out on local TV.

Houston said hell no, so Bud took his toys to another state and the rest is history.

Screw the Adams. So happy Bud died without ever hoisting the Lombardi trophy.
My literature teacher was classmates with Earl when they were at UT so he would come into our class from time to time. Definitely was a contributing factor as to me becoming a Houston Oilers fan.

12.5 sacks. Wonder what he’ll get paid in free agency this offseason? Not sure the Texans will be able to afford him. Fans want to upgrade edge rusher but i’d like to see Greenard and Anderson continue to grow together in DeMeco’s defense. But i’m sure someone will pay Greenard handsomely in FA.

If anything i’d say the need is for that designated pass rusher role Ogbo broke out in last season. Myjai Sanders can’t get on the field, doubt he’s going to be part of the team’s future plans. Jacob Martin is no longer that guy and gone. The team could find an upgrade there. But I like the starting base ends in Greenard/Anderson.

12.5 sacks. Wonder what he’ll get paid in free agency this offseason? Not sure the Texans will be able to afford him. Fans want to upgrade edge rusher but i’d like to see Greenard and Anderson continue to grow together in DeMeco’s defense. But i’m sure someone will pay Greenard handsomely in FA.

If anything i’d say the need is for that designated pass rusher role Ogbo broke out in last season. Myjai Sanders can’t get on the field, doubt he’s going to be part of the team’s future plans. Jacob Martin is no longer that guy and gone. The team could find an upgrade there. But I like the starting base ends in Greenard/Anderson.

If they want him they can afford him, hell at this point they can afford about anyone. They have the 5th highest cap space with only 3 million separating them from having the 3rd highest cap space. They have a lot of "kick the tires" on 1 year contracts so they can pick and choose who they want to resign. Shroud, Dell, Anderson and Stingley are all on rookie contracts and they are shaping up to be the core of the team. Tunsil, Collins and Howard are all under contract, Fairbairn is up and he should and most likely will get a sweet contract but other than that there really not anyone else I can think of that we HAVE to resign.

I'm still confused about the playoffs picture because somehow Cincinnati is ahead of us even though we beat them and they have a worse conference record.

They break it down by divisions first. Jacksonville is the division leader leaving Indy and Houston. Indy eliminates Houston based on H2H. That leaves Cincy, Indy and Buffalo. Cincy has H2H against both Indy and Buffalo. Indy over Buffalo on I assume conference record. Not where I can check the exact breakdown on that.

Greenard being able to stay healthy only in a contract yr is bothersome.

If they want him they can afford him, hell at this point they can afford about anyone. They have the 5th highest cap space with only 3 million separating them from having the 3rd highest cap space. They have a lot of "kick the tires" on 1 year contracts so they can pick and choose who they want to resign. Shroud, Dell, Anderson and Stingley are all on rookie contracts and they are shaping up to be the core of the team. Tunsil, Collins and Howard are all under contract, Fairbairn is up and he should and most likely will get a sweet contract but other than that there really not anyone else I can think of that we HAVE to resign.
After thinking about this, I'm bringing back Rankins/Cashman/Fairbairn and signing Hunter/Queen or Brooks in FA. Then drafting either Sweat/Murphy or both. Gotta find a safety somewhere along the line too.

We got 7 sacks but allowed 4. I have Texans Oline as horrible. You? When PFF is available someone please post evaluation.
PFF has the OL graded moderately good/average: overall (65.6); pblk (67.3); rblk (60.8).

But they are wrong in Texans allowing only 2 sacks. They have Scruggs giving up 2; I can't find the other 2 in the PFF stats. I'm pretty sure Heck gave up a sack but they have him with zero and I'm sure Scruggs gave up one.

One sack came from the left and I thought it was on Scruggs but on the replay he had a good block on someone. I think there may have been 3 rushers and only 2 blockers.

I haven't replayed the game to find the 4th sack.

Here's how PFF graded the game:

................off.....pblk.....rblk...hits...hur
Heck........59.9...66.7....59.8.....0.......3
Mason.....67.0...54.3....68.4.....0.......3
Deiter.......66.2...61.3....80.2.....0.......1
Scruggs...54.0...49.1....61.1.....0.......0
Tunsil.......57.3...77.0....49.3.....0.......0

PFF has the OL graded moderately good/average: overall (65.6); pblk (67.3); rblk (60.8).

But they are wrong in Texans allowing only 2 sacks. They have Scruggs giving up 2; I can't find the other 2 in the PFF stats. I'm pretty sure Heck gave up a sack but they have him with zero and I'm sure Scruggs gave up one.

One sack came from the left and I thought it was on Scruggs but on the replay he had a good block on someone. I think there may have been 3 rushers and only 2 blockers.

I haven't replayed the game to find the 4th sack.

Here's how PFF graded the game:

................off.....pblk.....rblk...hits...hur
Heck........59.9...66.7....59.8.....0.......3
Mason.....67.0...54.3....68.4.....0.......3
Deiter.......66.2...61.3....80.2.....0.......1
Scruggs...54.0...49.1....61.1.....0.......0
Tunsil.......57.3...77.0....49.3.....0.......0
That is about how I ranked the oline also and it makes me sick. I am tired of hoping a healthy line of our projected starters will be better. I am ready to start over.

Back