Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Titans. Welcome back Fairbairn

Not arguing any of that. We (as in most of us) were excited about Damion Pierce because he would break that first tackle then pick up a bunch of yards. We boasted about the number of tackles he broke, about how many yards he picked up after contact. Damien Pierce hasn't been breaking any tackles this year.
No argument here. After his rookie year. I was excited too and thought the Texans found a steal in the draft. Also, since he wasn't a full-time starter in college, I thought even with his running style, he was underutilized and would have more thread on his tires than other drafted RBs. Maybe the Florida coaches knew something.

I know the Titans game did not carry the importance of a playoff win but the feeling I got when a wounded Texans team kicked the Titans ass in their house reminded me of how I felt when the Oilers beat the Chargers without Dan Pastorini, Earl Campbell and Ken Burrough.

I'm still high over this win but I have to say f*ck Vrabel. Wearing that hat had to be a shot against us. Nobody in Tennessee has any ties with the 'Luv ya blue' era. He lost whatever respect I had for him with that chickesh*t move.

I'm still high over this win but I have to say f*ck Vrabel. Wearing that hat had to be a shot against us. Nobody in Tennessee has any ties with the 'Luv ya blue' era. He lost whatever respect I had for him with that chickesh*t move.
My feelings exactly! I think he was put up to it by Amy which makes her more of a douche and him even more chickensh!t

My feelings exactly! I think he was put up to it by Amy which makes her more of a douche and him even more chickensh!t

I wonder if that miserable c*nt has crawled back out from under the rock she slid under after she got her ass (and a big one it is) handed to her Sunday. She angered the football gods and they made her pay. Probably still hiding under her bed in River Oaks.

Re-rewatching the game, the Texans would've steamrolled the tAcks if they were more disciplined and cut down on pre-snap penalties. Those killed so many drives it wasn't funny. Keenum, apart from the pick 6, played a pretty solid game. Singletary balled out, along with the run defense. Who would've honestly thought the Texans were capable of holding Derrick Henry to .56 ypc?
Cut out the drive killing pre-snap penalties and the Texans can go head-to-head with anyone, even as beat up as they are.

Re-rewatching the game, the Texans would've steamrolled the tAcks if they were more disciplined and cut down on pre-snap penalties. Those killed so many drives it wasn't funny. Keenum, apart from the pick 6, played a pretty solid game. Singletary balled out, along with the run defense. Who would've honestly thought the Texans were capable of holding Derrick Henry to .56 ypc?
Cut out the drive killing pre-snap penalties and the Texans can go head-to-head with anyone, even as beat up as they are.
Let's face the truth, Keenum threw the ball up and Schultz took it away from the Safety. Otherwise the Texans most likely would've lost, in fact the Texans lost a bunch of games that way last year.

Let's face the truth, Keenum threw the ball up and Schultz took it away from the Safety. Otherwise the Texans most likely would've lost, in fact the Texans lost a bunch of games that way last year.
Luck is part of the equation. Nelson has had a couple of INTs the same way this season. This is 2023 not 2022. Shite happens. It doesn't take away the throws that Keenum ripped in that were good passes. Another reason to start Keenum over Mills.

Nobody in Tennessee has any ties with the 'Luv ya blue' era. He lost whatever respect I had for him with that chickesh*t move.
There's a photo out there with Earl Campbell, Eddie George, & Derrick Henry.

Earl Campbell was an Oiler, never a Titan. Eddie George was an Oiler & a Titan. Derrick Henry was never an Oiler, he is a Titan.

There's a photo out there with Earl Campbell, Eddie George, & Derrick Henry.

Earl Campbell was an Oiler, never a Titan. Eddie George was an Oiler & a Titan. Derrick Henry was never an Oiler, he is a Titan.

7435eb0678e8bb645147478a9bf3183b.jpg

Vrabel with the hat. Jesus. If he did that willingly, he's a clown. If he allowed himself to be made to do it, he's a b***h. He could possibly be both. One thing that is certain though, is that there is no comparison between him and Bum Phillips. For him to trot out there like that was just cartoonish and cheap.

Amazing what you will do for a few million a season

Not much is mentioned regarding Henry's head injury in week 13. Reports were very much conflicting re. him entering the Concussion Protocol vs not. There was a lot of confusion that followed. He was limited in practices. He looked and performed "lethargic" in week 14 as he did against the Texans. I am not convinced that he was not actually under the effects of concussion in those 2 weeks. I have little confidence in any of the facets of the NFL Concussion Protocol, beginning on the field evaluation to the clearance process. With that said, the Titans OL looked brain dead.
So much of the concussion protocol relies on the player being honest. Stroud is out for the 2nd straight week while Lawrence is back to starting after not missing a beat. Something seems off about the whole thing.

Vrabel with the hat. Jesus. If he did that willingly, he's a clown. If he allowed himself to be made to do it, he's a b***h. He could possibly be both. One thing that is certain though, is that there is no comparison between him and Bum Phillips. For him to trot out there like that was just cartoonish and cheap.
Why couldn't the hat be out of respect for Bum Phillips? Why does it have to be an insult? I'm so over the Oilers that I couldn't care less about what the tAcks do. I was born on Little York road, went to my first Oilers game in 1975 and couldn't care less about what uniform the tAcks wear or what their coaches wear. The Oilers are dead to me.

Why couldn't the hat be out of respect for Bum Phillips? Why does it have to be an insult? I'm so over the Oilers that I couldn't care less about what the tAcks do. I was born on Little York road, went to my first Oilers game in 1975 and couldn't care less about what uniform the tAcks wear or what their coaches wear. The Oilers are dead to me.

I get it and agree about the Oilers being dead but that entire show the Inbreds put on was out of disrespect to Houston. Nothing respectful about any of it. They even had a bottle of Love Ya Blue wine for the McNair’s in their box.

Unfortunately for the Inbreds it worked out in true Oiler fashion, choking away a double digit lead and losing. I say let them keep wearing those cursed choke blue unis.

Back