Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Post Game: Texans vs Titans. Welcome back Fairbairn

Greenard being able to stay healthy only in a contract yr is bothersome.

Played more than 12 games in 3 of 4 seasons. It’s not like he has microfracture surgery that will stay with him for his career. @CloakNNNdagger can correct me but I don’t think he has any Stingley or Kenyon Green medical red flags.

He got injured and missed time in previous seasons. Most players do. Can’t project future injuries just have to roll the dice that your players will stay healthy enough to earn the value of their contracts.

Played more than 12 games in 3 of 4 seasons. It’s not like he has microfracture surgery that will stay with him for his career. @CloakNNNdagger can correct me but I don’t think he has any Stingley or Kenyon Green medical red flags.

He got injured and missed time in previous seasons. Most players do. Can’t project future injuries just have to roll the dice that your players will stay healthy enough to earn the value of their contracts.

I think he is certainly worthy of a franchise tag.

Published just before yesterday's game. I don't believe for a minute that it was Vrabel's decision to wear "Bum's hat." In fact, he probably felt stupid wearing it pregame......and humiliated post game. This whole Bum and Luv ya Blue event was an organized effort on the part of Amy Adams to stick a needle in the eye of Houston. It ended up sticking a poker up the ass of the vengeful biatch.

Mike Vrabel honors Bum Phillips by wearing cowboy hat to Texans game

The Rest of the Story

Daaaaaaaamn CD, tell us how you REALLY feel!:cowboy1:

He also was injured in college. This is the first year he's managed to stay healthy. It just happens to coincide with his contact year. I'm not willing to risk 20 mil or more a year on that.

Went out and raked leaves at the half. Wife came out and asked me if I wanted to go eat. Settled on Rudy’s and had a nice late lunch and was just about over the whole “Losing to the Oilers” funk (BBQ has that effect on me. Tacos work too) and when I got home I wondered how bad it was by the end. WTF?

I guess I just don’t get to watch the Texans. It’s me. I watch and they lose. I walk away and they pull through.
Rudy's ain't bad BBQ for a chain.

I didn't think I'd care much and I didn't mention it in any threads but it DID indeed bother me seeing those blue uni's yesterday. So ******* glad we beat their asses yesterday.
Sort of like another woman wearing your ex's underwear in public?

Not only that and not that they were going to anyway, but they also got officially eliminated from the playoffs as well.

Also heard that Amy Skank tried to troll Hannah & Cal even more by having a bottle of some kind of Luv Ya Blue wine or something for them in their box.
I heard that Janice McNair after the game sent it back to Amy saying you need it more than I do baby girl.

Another thought is that BSlow got that running game going. Not by forcing DP to carry the ball 30 times. But, rather have Singletary, who is just plain better in this system carry. And he looked really good. I hope we see more of him and less DP going forward. No offense to DP, yet in this system, he is just not producing.

He also was injured in college. This is the first year he's managed to stay healthy. It just happens to coincide with his contact year. I'm not willing to risk 20 mil or more a year on that.
Greenard's 2018 injury was essentially his only college injury. It happened the first game of that season and cost him the entire season. It was reported as a "wrist injury." In fact, it was a freak wrist dislocation when he tried to make a lunging tackle Alabama running back Josh Jacobs. His type of injury [unlike Stingley and Green] has an excellent prognosis with no signifant residual effects.

Another thought is that BSlow got that running game going. Not by forcing DP to carry the ball 30 times. But, rather have Singletary, who is just plain better in this system carry. And he looked really good. I hope we see more of him and less DP going forward. No offense to DP, yet in this system, he is just not producing.
I was thinking about this as I watched the game Sunday & rewatched it last night. None of Singletaries runs were the classic zone stretch where the RB reads the blocks, then makes one cut & go upfield. They were all pretty much between the tackles, biggest runs were behind Dieter & Scruggs. Maybe inside zone, but for a RB that may as well be Power O.

I've been saying all year my problem with Pierce is he's not running like the guy we saw last year. This year's Pierce doesn't seem to have the ability to break a tackle.

In addition to that he hasn't demonstrated the patience or the vision to run a ZBS, but the Texans haven't been running a ZBS.

I was thinking about this as I watched the game Sunday & rewatched it last night. None of Singletaries runs were the classic zone stretch where the RB reads the blocks, then makes one cut & go upfield. They were all pretty much between the tackles, biggest runs were behind Dieter & Scruggs. Maybe inside zone, but for a RB that may as well be Power O.

I've been saying all year my problem with Pierce is he's not running like the guy we saw last year. This year's Pierce doesn't seem to have the ability to break a tackle.

In addition to that he hasn't demonstrated the patience or the vision to run a ZBS, but the Texans haven't been running a ZBS.

Power Gap scheme with 11/12 Personnel packages is what you were watching. More man on man blocking as opposed to being a really good athlete and getting to the second level to LB's on duo concepts. Singletary is a good fit because he has a good short term burst to take on 1 v 1 LB situations using a lineman as leverage. You would be surprised how much better of a team we would be running the ball just with a Jason Kelce esque Center to pull and beat teams with second level Duo concepts. Juice at Center will be a big deal next year. They still need a good LG. If Green can fill that role than the Texans will be lethal next year on offense.

DP sees hole hits hole and its not good enough in this scheme.

Power Gap scheme with 11/12 Personnel packages is what you were watching. More man on man blocking as opposed to being a really good athlete and getting to the second level to LB's on duo concepts. Singletary is a good fit because he has a good short term burst to take on 1 v 1 LB situations using a lineman as leverage. You would be surprised how much better of a team we would be running the ball just with a Jason Kelce esque Center to pull and beat teams with second level Duo concepts. Juice at Center will be a big deal next year. They still need a good LG. If Green can fill that role than the Texans will be lethal next year on offense.

Good post. Also, Singletary is just flat out the better RB. Watching his runs. Look at the patience, subtle cuts, hesitation and acceleration. He's not just trying to accelerate into the hole. He appears to have a natural feel for when to hesitate versus accelerate.

Vision and patience is the key for every running back no matter the scheme. Sunday was a classic case to those two major traits. Singletary ran with patience and utilities his vision to seek out the holes. DP even last year wasn’t using either of those traits. He ran with more power thus the reason why he was leading the league in yards after contact. So far this year he’s not breaking tackles. Ryan also said on numerous occasions that a running back has to make defenders miss. Singletary’s shiftiness is helping him make defenders miss.

Good post. Also, Singletary is just flat out the better RB. Watching his runs. Look at the patience, subtle cuts, hesitation and acceleration. He's not just trying to accelerate into the hole. He appears to have a natural feel for when to hesitate versus accelerate.

Very similar approach to Leveon Bell, just a much poorer version(Bell could run from you). Wiggle you in a phone booth, but ain't running from you.

I am already on record saying that same thing. And much as I like him...he needs to go and we need to draft a RB or a very good FA use to the system. DP is NOT the type for this system

Why’d the Possums keep playing Henry?

Dude was lethargic and wanted to be somewhere else, I don’t think it was our Defense it was Henry mailing it in.

The rookie RB looked fresh and explosive.
Not much is mentioned regarding Henry's head injury in week 13. Reports were very much conflicting re. him entering the Concussion Protocol vs not. There was a lot of confusion that followed. He was limited in practices. He looked and performed "lethargic" in week 14 as he did against the Texans. I am not convinced that he was not actually under the effects of concussion in those 2 weeks. I have little confidence in any of the facets of the NFL Concussion Protocol, beginning on the field evaluation to the clearance process. With that said, the Titans OL looked brain dead.

Why’d the Possums keep playing Henry?

Dude was lethargic and wanted to be somewhere else, I don’t think it was our Defense it was Henry mailing it in.

The rookie RB looked fresh and explosive.
The key to stopping Henry has always been to get him before he gets going or past the LOS. IMHO, he isn't shifty and doesn't have great vision. He's like a 100-meter runner with great straight-line speed and if he gets an opening and can get there, by the time he gets past the LOS, he's building up speed for the open field and DBs are reluctant to tackle him.

The Texans DL kept pushing their OL into the backfield and clogged the running lanes. They didn't free lance, were disciplined in their approach and shut him down.

This game has to be one of the most memorable REGULAR season wins in franchise history. (Not including playoffs.

Winning the first game in franchise history against the Cowboys is one of the top ones.

This one against the Oilers is up there too.

It was an exorcism against some lingering demons.

Vrabel with the hat. Jesus. If he did that willingly, he's a clown. If he allowed himself to be made to do it, he's a b***h. He could possibly be both. One thing that is certain though, is that there is no comparison between him and Bum Phillips. For him to trot out there like that was just cartoonish and cheap.

Not arguing any of that. We (as in most of us) were excited about Damion Pierce because he would break that first tackle then pick up a bunch of yards. We boasted about the number of tackles he broke, about how many yards he picked up after contact. Damien Pierce hasn't been breaking any tackles this year.

Not arguing any of that. We (as in most of us) were excited about Damion Pierce because he would break that first tackle then pick up a bunch of yards. We boasted about the number of tackles he broke, about how many yards he picked up after contact. Damien Pierce hasn't been breaking any tackles this year.
Pierce gave us something to be happy about for a short time. Say goodbye and let him go is my thought.

610 on my way home was talking about how well Singletary looked Sunday. And they are predicting DP will be a healthy scratch before the season ends at least once. They said that the team may elevate a RB from the PS as it seems Boone may have been released (unsure if he was have not googled it). Still, that is what many are saying. A look at a few other teams message boards show a few in their "NFL sections" are projecting it also. As well as a few opponents of ours are (both played and left to play) that Houston is not a team to take lightly.

In other news, CJ is still having issues with light and something else. Keenum is who is prepping to start again Sunday per the Texans.

The name Oilers was often ridiculed by callers to radio sports talk shows in Nashville who said the name was not relevant to Tennessee.

"Titans come from early Greek mythology and the fact that Nashville is known as the `Athens of the South' makes the Titans name very appropriate," Adams said.

Tennessee fans had a hard time warming up to the Oilers, who played their first season in this state last year in Memphis 197 miles west of Nashville. They drew a NFL-worst average crowd of 28,028 in the Liberty Bowl in 1997, and even a move this year to Nashville's Vanderbilt Stadium did little to stimulate ticket sales.

I say let them keep it. They only want it cause they think we want it more.

I say let them keep it. They only want it cause they think we want it more.

True, but at the same time I would love to see the faces of everyone in the Titans organization. IF they had to sign over all rights to the Oilers colors and logo to Houston. And then we retire it on live TV.

Didn't he bulk up or slim down this year? I don't remember which

Rewatching the Texans vs tAcks game. Still don't feel any kind of way about the Oilers throwback uni's, other than I don't like them. The Oilers uni's seem like a "they/them" pronoun uni. They played down to that opinion.

Didn't he bulk up or slim down this year? I don't remember which
Exercising in a "hot environment" doesn't make you lose fat. It makes you lose water weight (dehydration).Technically, you do burn more calories exercising in the heat, but this difference is typically not significant enough to amount to much weight loss, even over time......especially fat loss. Why is this? The body always wants to maintain homeostasis, and one of the more tightly controlled factors is your core body temperature. Your body quickly adapts to the heat.

Pierce lauds his trainer for this...........he may want to consider.

How a lean Dameon Pierce shed ‘baby fat,’ ‘loves my fit’ in Texans offense, eyes 1,000 yard season and views RB market
Dameon Pierce was a Pro Bowl alternate selection as a rookie

HOUSTON – Inside a sweltering gym in July, Dameon Pierce is pouring sweat as droplets fly off of him while in constant motion. Pierce is a study in determination as he runs with a football, changing directions explosively in tight spaces across the artificial turf as he cuts around orange cones.
It’s the NFL offseason, but it’s not vacation time for Pierce as he worked overtime with private trainer Justin Allen at All-En Sports Performance.

Between the elevated temperatures, an intentionally hot environment, and the series of football drills, high-intensity training workouts and weight lifting and stricter nutrition habits, the Texans Pro Bowl alternate running back transformed his body.

Although listed at 5-foot-10, 218 pounds, Pierce is noticeably leaner and more chiseled than his first NFL season. And he looks even more explosive on the field than he did as a rookie when he emerged as an early candidate for NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year before an ankle injury against the Dallas Cowboys ended his season early.

“Yeah, I’ve been trying to get that baby fat off me, man. You know what I’m saying?” said Pierce, who credited his work with Allen and Texans nutritionist Ladd Harris. “It was really my diet, you know. Just leaning out and getting that body fat percentage down. You know Ladd and our nutritionist, they were really happy about that. I’m trying to get through some holes man. I’m trying to get through there.”

“It was a hot gym – there was no AC in there. We’ve just got fans blowing in there. So, I definitely got some extra body fat off in there. J. Allen, that’s my guy, we’re locked in, so we fine-tune my work outs for me. It’s hot in there. We burn off some fat, man.”

Pierce ran with the power of a sledgehammer as a rookie, bulldozing linebackers at the point of impact and dashing away from pursuit with uncommon speed.

Pierce embarrassed the Jacksonville Jaguars’ defense with an epic, tackle-breaking display that earned him the Angriest Run of the Year.

And Pierce endeared himself to his blockers with his hard-nosed running style and infectious personality. He set himself apart with his downhill approach to the game and zest for punishing defenders.

“Man, we love Dameon,” right tackle Tytus Howard said. “He’s one of the most energetic guys on the team. We love blocking for him and we know that all we’ve got to do is get our hats on guys and he’ll handle the rest.

“He’s explosive, he’s fast, strong. He’s one of those backs that can do it all, so we’re hoping to get him to be one of the best running backs in the league this year. We know he can do that.”
The REST OF THE STORY

Back