Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Texans vs Bengals. Can we pull off the Upset?

I’d like to say…..Stroud and the receivers have finally made DC’s respect the passing game. Because of this turnaround, the running game was due to break out and breakout it did today.

I really like what Singletary did today and in all honesty, I look forward to Pierce getting back into the lineup healthy. The Texans passing game now demands defenses to protect the pass versus stacking the box and daring the pass. This is why I became so angry when the Texans moved away from the passing game, and took Stroud out of his rhythm. Thank goodness Stroud got his mojo back in the last minute.

Last edited:
I’d like to say…..Stroud and the receivers have finally made DC’s respect the passing game. Because of this turnaround, the running game was due to break out and breakout it did today.

I really like what Singletary did today and in all honesty, I look forward to Pierce getting back into the lineup healthy. The Texans passing game now demands defenses to protect the pass versus stacking the box and daring the to pass. This is why I became so angry when the Texans moved away from the passing game, and took Stroud out of his rhythm. Thank goodness Stroud got his mojo back in the last minute.
The Bengals are giving up 5 YPC on the season, good for 31st in the league.

This is the same offensive line as last week, did they play that much better today or was it the running back? I did see some lanes that were open that I haven't seen before but overall seems like they were blocking about the same against a much better defensive 7 than the Panthers. It will be interesting to see the PFF rankings for this game. Anybody have any comments on Stingley? He was in the game much sooner than I expected.

Another team allows Browns to win.

This is the same offensive line as last week, did they play that much better today or was it the running back? I did see some lanes that were open that I haven't seen before but overall seems like they were blocking about the same against a much better defensive 7 than the Panthers. It will be interesting to see the PFF rankings for this game. Anybody have any comments on Stingley? He was in the game much sooner than I expected.

They played that much better in run pro for show.

DocBar posted at 1109 that the Bengals are 31st in giving up YPC.

The Texans played a much weaker defensive front this week than last week.

I know lots of bengals fans feel like they let one slip away.

But…the Texans were really the better team today.

I’d say the same thing even had the Bengals managed to win.

This really should’ve been a comfortable win for the good guys.

Every fan base of teams Stroud beats this year is going to think their teams let one slip away or their team played so horribly that they made a rookie look like an MVP. That's how they'll think until they finally realize Stroud is actually that good.

Well..... Wow!

I am doing all kinds of work around the house this week getting ready for family coming in next weekend to stay over the holidays and I just didn't watch the game. Recorded it of course but didn't watch it. Got a text from my brother (That I also missed at the time but just saw) saying "Bengals can KISS IT!" and I'll be damned. The Texans won. That's a kinda magic starting to happen right there. Excellent!

I saw two teams that were competitive. I didn't see the Texans as clearly the better team.

Jamar Chase... he played, but wasn't healthy. THiggins... didn't play. Completely healthy they're a lot better team than what we saw today. Completely healthy we think we're marginally better.

But this is football. Injuries are part of football. This is a good win. Hopefully we'll find a way to kick their butts in the January.

Yeah, I said it. January.

Every fan base of teams Stroud beats this year is going to think their teams let one slip away or their team played so horribly that they made a rookie look like an MVP. That's how they'll think until they finally realize Stroud is actually that good.
I don't think anyone doubts Cj is good. None of us knows how good he really is.

But Cincy fans think their guy is good as well. That's why they'll think they let one slip away.

Stroud's completion percentage is the worst for all the qbs listed. This is one area that needs work.
It was mentioned by the booth during the game that the Texans lead the NFL in plays over 25 yards. That was early in the game, and they had quite a few after that
Looking at those stats CJ appears to be just second only to Purdy on yards per completion. I’m sure this is part of the “ problem”.

Well..... Wow!

I am doing all kinds of work around the house this week getting ready for family coming in next weekend to stay over the holidays and I just didn't watch the game. Recorded it of course but didn't watch it. Got a text from my brother (That I also missed at the time but just saw) saying "Bengals can KISS IT!" and I'll be damned. The Texans won. That's a kinda magic starting to happen right there. Excellent!
Ye of little faith. Where are your priorities man. Texans are a MUST WATCH!

Looking at those stats CJ appears to be just second only to Purdy on yards per completion. I’m sure this is part of the “ problem”.
Purdy's completion percentage is 68.8. Stroud's is 61.6.

But you bring up a point I wondered if anyone would. When you throw the long ball, usually your completions will go down. I prefer the long game over the dink and dunk. But I would like to see CJ's completions around 66%.

But you bring up a point I wondered if anyone would. When you throw the long ball, usually your completions will go down. I prefer the long game over the dink and dunk. But I would like to see CJ's completions around 66%.
yeah so would I. I also prefer the long game.

Another factor to the difference in their completion percentage is the involvement of the RBs in the short passing/completion game. For example. McCaffrey has 32 catches. While Pierce (9) and Singletary (9) have 18 combined catches.

He is the real deal and a championship caliber QB is what I would guess that comment relates to.

I don't know that he is HIM but he is one of THEM when it comes to one of the biggest difference makers at QB!
I don't know why what I said is funny. From my perspective my comment is pretty accurate! If I was off than I too don't get your HIM comment. Do you care to explain?

Last edited:
Back