Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 10: Texans vs Bengals. Can we pull off the Upset?

Purdy's completion percentage is 68.8. Stroud's is 61.6.

But you bring up a point I wondered if anyone would. When you throw the long ball, usually your completions will go down. I prefer the long game over the dink and dunk. But I would like to see CJ's completions around 66%.
well just doing some bourbonized calculations if CJ would have averaged just 1.5 more completions per game over the same number of attempts over nine games he would be at that 66% rate. Sounds doable to me 🥃

Don Julio 1942 works very well
Overpriced and additive loaded.
You want to steer away from additives just Agave, Yeast & Water. But if you enjoy that smooth, artificial flavor, for 250.00 savings, recommend G4 Blanco. If you really want to knock out stress go Still Strength, Carrera 54 for under 60 bucks 😉

Good thing the good guys made the plays needed to win the game.

Probably not, but I’ll take off the street free agent, who makes every kick count, today and everyday :wesmantexanfan:

ps great game by Noah, what a find!

Don’t get me wrong - I am not trying to be a Debbie downer but point out how great it was that Brown fought for those last yards. It was critical.

Brown had a great game.

My gimmick this season from game 1 has been “Let’s shock the world”…now I see this has been ripped off

Reminds me when I coined this for JJ WATT: “Bad boys bad boys WATT YA GONNA DO …WATT YA GONNA DO ……WHEN HE COMES FOR YOU”.
Then not too much longer Deion Sanders used that on his Network show
I'm feeling good about my 10 win prediction.

BTW, I'm re-signing Rankins, in addition to adding to the IDL in both FA/Draft. Rankins was really good today.

Another factor to the difference in their completion percentage is the involvement of the RBs in the short passing/completion game. For example. McCaffrey has 32 catches. While Pierce (9) and Singletary (9) have 18 combined catches.
Stroud doesn't have McCaffery to throw too. He's basically a pro bowl level WR that plays RB.

Exactly! Yet, even though he doesn't have McCaffery as a safety valve. If in each game he throws a couple of checkdowns to his RBs, his completion rate increases. That was my point.
I knew this, I was just pointing out how good Stroud would look with a stud RB. Singletary looked great today. I wonder how he holds up with increased use as the season goes along?

Last edited:
Stroud's completion percentage is the worst for all the qbs listed. This is one area that needs work.

He does have the worst bad throw percentage in the league, and the 7th worst on target percentage, but he leads the NFL in spikes to stop the clock and is 7th in throw aways. That will cut into your completion percentage. He's also #1 in 20+ yard completions, he's #1 in average air yards per completion, and 2nd in average intended air yards per attempt. So dude isn't doing a lot of high percentage check downs. He's getting the ball down field. Those are going to be lower percentage passes.

I saw two teams that were competitive. I didn't see the Texans as clearly the better team.

Jamar Chase... he played, but wasn't healthy. THiggins... didn't play. Completely healthy they're a lot better team than what we saw today. Completely healthy we think we're marginally better.

But this is football. Injuries are part of football. This is a good win. Hopefully we'll find a way to kick their butts in the January.

Yeah, I said it. January.
Have you thought about looking up their injury list alongside ours? We literally need a binder to keep track of all our losses. Marginally better, my hiney.

The Texans currently hold the last wild card spot in the AFC. We better start seeing Ryans in the Coach of the Year conversation.
If we win against the Cardinals next week Ryans should for sure be in the conversation.The Panthers are a bad football team and they beat us. The Cardinals may be equally as bad so we can't take them lightly.

Besides, the Falcons are a solid team and the Cardinals beat them.while we couldn't. All the more reason to take next weeks game seriously.

I expect there won't be a let down. We for sure will face a confident Cardinals team.

Last edited:
A rising tide lifts all boats. It's clear that CJ makes his teammates and coaches better.
CJ also makes me believe that we are never out of a game as long as there is time on the clock.

Exactly what I was telling my family during the game. If he gets the ball back with time left, as little as 40 seconds!, then we have a chance at winning!

On that TD, my understanding... and I could be wrong... is that we were in some form of a Cover 2. If that's the case, Stingley just had him in the underneath zone and was probably expecting deep help from the safety to take that away.

Not saying Stingley wasn't rusty and might not should have been out there, but that route against that coverage put him in a bind.

We're winning, therefore we are giving him a pass. If we weren't winning we'd be begging him to take the check down & complaining that he holds the ball too long.
No. The same usual suspects would be knocking him for that. Those of us who don’t have agendas wouldn’t. He’s not playing hero ball, he’s working within the structure of the offense, making his reads, manipulating defenders and hitting windows. You know, playing like a real QB.

On that TD, my understanding... and I could be wrong... is that we were in some form of a Cover 2. If that's the case, Stingley just had him in the underneath zone and was probably expecting deep help from the safety to take that away.

Not saying Stingley wasn't rusty and might not should have been out there, but that route against that coverage put him in a bind.
It was man coverage.
And even if it was zone; Stingley should still follow the outside receiver.

There were 3 receivers on that side.
All 3 ran vertical routes.
The outside receiver had an outside release.

As a rule, you can't let the safety having to be concerned with all 3 guys deep (or even two).

True, but I like the way he's throwing the ball down the field. It opened up the run game yesterday.
I think @Speedy had a good point. It's not really that we're winning, it's that it's working & a big part of why it's working is because Cj is making it work.

So I was wrong, it's not so much that we're giving him a pass.

Back