Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 11: Arizona @ Houston

Yeah, but that stat is irrelevant. They got a few of their best players back within the last 2 weeks. They will be a tough team going forward.
I'm not arguing with you or anyone else. I'm happy the Texans won what I consider to be a sloppy game. Admittedly, I haven't seen one Cardinals game since probably 2021. So, if you say they're better than their -92 point differential and that I'm underestimating them and Murray, I'll capitulate. The Texans won a hard-fought game against a team on the rise.

I'm extremely happy where this team is at right now.. They just need to take one more step in their development this season.. step on opponents throats and put them away. For 3 or 4 weeks straight (hell all season) they have beaten teams like red headed step children up and down the field, but they don't have the points to show for it.. They lock that down, they'll be one of the elite teams in this league.

Last edited:
Cj was so damn good in that first half. Elite of the Elite.

That second half was really just one bad throw with a lot of really good ones. Not as bad as final numbers suggest.

Woods ball was in both hands at his helmet. Thats ideal... just bad luck.

I think the Texans could be much more effective if they ran more double moves. They are sitting on CJ's out routes on 3rd down.

I spoke out of frustration and with the hope the football spirits would deliver us a win in spite of me. I knew that would not be a popular statement. I will take the win and be happy for it.
The Penguin is always watching.

penguin-photo.jpg

Well Stroud was 27 of 37.. so only 7 of those passes hit the ground.

I'll chalk this game up to a self correction of the space time continuum for Stroud. The law of averages beat him over the head today.

Had to be against Pee Wee Herman. I was hoping he shredded them to pieces today.

After the first half, we were riding high haha.

I'm not arguing with you or anyone else. I'm happy the Texans won what I consider to be a sloppy game. Admittedly, I haven't seen one Cardinals game since probably 2021. So, if you say they're better than their -92 point differential and that I'm underestimating them and Murray, I'll capitulate. The Texans won a hard-fought game against a team on the rise.
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying the Cards are playoff contenders but stats be damned, the Cards don't suck! They have competed most all season!

And the 2nd of those wasn't necessarily his fault anyway.

Either way.
Not worried about the 3 picks at all.. just hope it doesn't cause him to lose his nerve. When you thread needles as much as Stroud does.. you're bound to miss the eye, but threading that needle and the ability to attempt and make those throws is what has made him great so far.. He needs to be who he is, just needs to continue to learn from his mistakes too.

Last edited:
Cj was so damn good in that first half. Elite of the Elite.

That second half was really just one bad throw with a lot of really good ones. Not as bad as final numbers suggest.

Woods ball was in both hands at his helmet. Thats ideal... just bad luck.

I think the Texans could be much more effective if they ran more double moves. They are sitting on CJ's out routes on 3rd down.
If the OL will pass block. I would like to see this too. Stroud is so accurate and throws with so much anticipation, defenses are starting to sit on the out routes. Stroud and Slowik have to now counter with the double moves.

Happy with the win and for the most part the players on both sides. CJ threw well, 2 picks, the 3rd while recorded as an INT was a deflation off a WR. I don’t blame him for that. It was a little high but when a WR touched it...he just wasn't able to out jump the DB. And it was Tank so, again it was just a little higher than he could have likely jumped.

With CJ, he probably won't do that again for multiple games at the very least. Anderson came on today. He was flying, got a sack and I counted almost 2 more. Great way to pull out the win even with the small mistakes.

6-4 Baby!! :fans: :bravo:

Happy with the win and for the most part the players on both sides. CJ threw well, 2 picks, the 3rd while recorded as an INT was a deflation off a WR. I don’t blame him for that. It was a little high but when a WR touched it...he just wasn't able to out jump the DB. And it was Tank so, again it was just a little higher than he could have likely jumped.

With CJ, he probably won't do that again for multiple games at the very least. Anderson came on today. He was flying, got a sack and I counted almost 2 more. Great way to pull out the win even with the small mistakes.

6-4 Baby!! :fans: :bravo:
I don’t think that is right.

Stroud’s -second- INT was a deflection off Woods. The pass was not high. Woods should have caught it. His third INT was picked off by the player who hurt himself coming down hard.

I don’t think that is right.

Stroud’s -second- INT was a deflection off Woods. The pass was not high. Woods should have caught it. His third INT was picked off by the player who hurt himself coming down hard.

That's right it was Woods, and yes he should have pulled it in. I honestly think he was hit pretty hard a few times and saw a DB. And didn't extend his arms. It happens and can happen to anyone. But, you have to be able to get nailed and go back next play and get nailed again. Luckily we pulled the game out in the end.

That's right it was Woods, and yes he should have pulled it in. I honestly think he was hit pretty hard a few times and saw a DB. And didn't extend his arms. It happens and can happen to anyone. But, you have to be able to get nailed and go back next play and get nailed again. Luckily we pulled the game out in the end.
He -was- hit hard. He caught it above his head. Definitely got exposed there. I get what you’re angling at now.

:)

We look at it that way and rightfully so but far too often teams who by far had the best regular season don't advance the way we think they should or win the title the way we expect them to. I am coming at it from that perspective. A lot of times the best teams throughout most of the regular season lose some momentum late and teams who spent a big part of the regular season being middle of the road get hot late and are thus footballs best team/teams. I acknowledge the best team is the Super Bowl champions! Just pointing out how the seemingly best teams throughout the regular season sometimes don't meet their expectations!
Letterman's jacket stuff here.

Exactly. Some fans be on some other type crap. Even good teams sometimes have games like this every freaking year. At least we prevailed and came away victoriously.
I dare anyone to name a team that hasn't had at least two games like that already. It's been a crazy year, every team has had moments of looking a little suspect.

The Cardinals so far this season have tended to play teams tight and hard through 3 quarters until eventually totally capitulating in the 4th, which is really shown in that point differential. That said 3 quarters is still something and when you've got your actual starting qb back you can hopefully get a quarters worth of a win out of him. I expect them to remain a feisty out for the rest of the season and may even get an upset considering the rest of their schedule.

Back