Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars vs Houston Texans. TIE FOR FIRST!!!!

ab3a5ea7373c6dab375c16166f79215b.jpg

When the other team is saying how bad it was, then it was really bad.

The "Evenly bad for both teams" perspective is not accurate. It was egregiously lopsided against the Texans. It began in the first half.

The Texans lost fair and square. If all the games covered the point spread I would suspect corruption but even with the referees trying to assure such happening it is hard to do!

I'd recommend watching every PI against the Texans. Or the supposed illegal shift on Tank Dell. There's a reason none were replayed.

The refs missed one PI on the Texans and it's suddenly "Bad calls went both ways." Nonsense. The commentators created that perception by not shutting up about that one miss.

And it came down to the replacement kicker...2 times. Had we not been screwed by the refs in the 1st maybe we wouldn't of needed him.

Still, great game for the most part at the end. And our RBs need to be replaced in the draft and FA period. Singletary seems to be ok, not great. But, DP just doesn't have either the ability to do what the system calls for.

I don't know how he got selected. Maybe he won a fan contest or was selected by Hannah or is on the fan council. :kitten:
I guess since he's a media favorite they put him on the fan council.

He also defends the sexual predator until this day.

Fans like him are a just another reason why I dislike the NFL more everyday. They are choosing to market to fans like this idiot.

And it came down to the replacement kicker...2 times. Had we not been screwed by the refs in the 1st maybe we wouldn't of needed him.

Still, great game for the most part at the end. And our RBs need to be replaced in the draft and FA period. Singletary seems to be ok, not great. But, DP just doesn't have either the ability to do what the system calls for.
Agreed about the RB's needing to be replaced. Though Singletary is a really good backup/fill in RB. I'm hoping Caserio can trade Pierce for a 5th or 6th rd pick.

I’m just glad I don’t have to listen to white noise on the radio like y’all do.

#hearingpeopleproblems

Fans are like snowflakes. Each one is different. I have zero problem with Larry just like I have zero problem with Steel B. We are all different and that makes us unique. Why do you want a bunch of cookie cutter fans that meet whatever criteria you have Steel?

Did you just call me a snowflake? I am not a snowflake you’re a snowflake!

I didn't forget.

I didn't like the makeup calls as in plural on the next drive, which I called before they happened. Are you surprised that things turned out the way they did?
Even with the bad calls the game was close and our guys didn't capitalize on opportunities. The one sided play calling against us didn't help but I personally won't lay today's loss on the referees. We should have won and we didn't. The better team won today.

Last season everyone was so excited about DP and this season he supposedly doesn't cut the mustard. Funny how quickly things can change.

Refs are gonna ref. It’s part of why i’m not as rabid a fan as I used to be. Nothing will change, especially when they add MORE rules and ways for human error to insert itself in game outcomes.

The fact they reviewed the Dell catch and still got it wrong tells you all you need to know. “What is a catch nowadays?” is probably the question the zebras were all trying to decipher in the booth. Nobody could remember so they let the play stand.

Even with the bad calls the game was close and our guys didn't capitalize on opportunities. The one sided play calling against us didn't help but I personally won't lay today's loss on the referees. We should have won and we didn't. The better team won today.

The Texans defense had the Jags stopped a couple times for punts but the refs did their reffing and gave the Jags more opportunities which resulted in two TDs for them instead. Texans win easily if the game was called more evenly. On to the next one

Last season everyone was so excited about DP and this season he supposedly doesn't cut the mustard. Funny how quickly things can change.

In a set system a certain style RB works. In other systems they just don't. I love DP, but either he can adjust to the blocking of this system or he is not fast enough to cut and go. This system is as with all systems, run to the set hole. However, in the system we are running, the OL will at times move and slide similar to a ZBS. Meaning that you have to make a read and multiple cuts. DP just doesn't seem to make more than 1 cut.

While I hate the outcome of the game, along with the way refereeing played a role in it, I kept myself in my seat and expected CJ to pull off another miracle comeback. The last 3 seasons, I would've been off doing something else by half time. I'm still excited for the direction the team is headed.

Which was fine, until large sums of money started being bandied about by NFL supported gambling. Now it's a problem.
I mentioned elsewhere that now that the NFL has partnered with the gambling industry, those fans who gamble may now have standing to sue if they can make a case against the refereeing influencing the outcome of games.

In a set system a certain style RB works. In other systems they just don't. I love DP, but either he can adjust to the blocking of this system or he is not fast enough to cut and go. This system is as with all systems, run to the set hole. However, in the system we are running, the OL will at times move and slide similar to a ZBS. Meaning that you have to make a read and multiple cuts. DP just doesn't seem to make more than 1 cut.
Good response and an answer that makes plenty of sense. Thanks.

I mentioned elsewhere that now that the NFL has partnered with the gambling industry, those fans who gamble may now have standing to sue if they can make a case against the refereeing influencing the outcome of games.

And the NFL deserves every lawsuit filed against it. Inconsistent refereeing is something the NFL has to fix. It should have fixed it a long time ago, but there probably wasn't enough justification for the cost. Now there is. Hell you got former SB QBs on the TV now with the NFL logo in the background telling you how to gamble your money away. The sh!t's gonna hit the fan at some point.

I think the back is supposed to see where the back side seam is, make 1 cut and go. Sure, he can make multiple cuts after that, but it's having the patience and vision to see the backside hole, stick your foot in the ground, and hit it fast and hard. That patience, vision, and burst is what made Arian Foster so good in this system. I think DP lacks the patience and vision to do this. Not sure it can be learned, either. Kinda like "you can't teach speed".

I think the back is supposed to see where the back side seam is, make 1 cut and go. Sure, he can make multiple cuts after that, but it's having the patience and vision to see the backside hole, stick your foot in the ground, and hit it fast and hard. That patience, vision, and burst is what made Arian Foster so good in this system. I think DP lacks the patience and vision to do this. Not sure it can be learned, either. Kinda like "you can't teach speed".

Exactly. We need a more WCO oriented RB. Some really good RBs will excel in any system. But, I still think a DT is need 1 and then RB, CB and WR...in a BPA at the position. So basically a RB in round 2 or 3.

Exactly. We need a more WCO oriented RB. Some really good RBs will excel in any system. But, I still think a DT is need 1 and then RB, CB and WR...in a BPA at the position. So basically a RB in round 2 or 3.
You seek value and fit where you can and just try to roll and hit on as many as you can regardless of position. That is your classic best player available mentality. Just damn good football players, equally good people that fit system, need and locker room.

You seek value and fit where you can and just try to roll and hit on as many as you can regardless of position. That is your classic best player available mentality. Just damn good football players, equally good people that fit system, need and locker room.

Were Tyreke Hill, Frank Clark, Kareem Hunt good people when they were being sized for their SB rings?

I do agree with you though and it's a big reason why I hope they end up with DeJohn/Benson/Sweat/Stover or Bell out of this draft.

Just watching the all-22 of Sunday's game and on the 3-15 play that Dell caught a bomb on and was called back for illegal motion, Dell actually took off a split second before CJ called in motion and Nico's feet weren't set. They were set when CJ called for Dell to motion. Ticky-tacky-ish, but it was illegal motion.

Just watching the all-22 of Sunday's game and on the 3-15 play that Dell caught a bomb on and was called back for illegal motion, Dell actually took off a split second before CJ called in motion and Nico's feet weren't set. They were set when CJ called for Dell to motion. Ticky-tacky-ish, but it was illegal motion.
Only because Nico decided to reset his feet at the last second

Only because Nico decided to reset his feet at the last second
I disagree. Dell went in motion before Stroud called for him to. It's up to the QB to know that all players are set before calling for motion. Had Dell waited for Stroud to call him to motion, Nico would've been set.

I disagree. Dell went in motion before Stroud called for him to. It's up to the QB to know that all players are set before calling for motion. Had Dell waited for Stroud to call him to motion, Nico would've been set.
I didn't look at Stroud, I was looking to see if Nico was moving when Dell went into motion

Watching the all-22, the Texans ran some funky blocking schemes and seemed to try to get too cute with some of it. Asking the C to get across the face of a LB on a run to the left, etc. So many moving parts. On some of the plays, the Texans OL took bad angles to their blocks, blocking inside shoulder when it should've been outside shoulder on pulls. Hard to tell if it's talent or scheming. I suspect a mixture of both.

Watching the all-22, the Texans ran some funky blocking schemes and seemed to try to get too cute with some of it. Asking the C to get across the face of a LB on a run to the left, etc. So many moving parts. On some of the plays, the Texans OL took bad angles to their blocks, blocking inside shoulder when it should've been outside shoulder on pulls. Hard to tell if it's talent or scheming. I suspect a mixture of both.
There was one play when Howard pulled to the right. The play was designed to run between the G and T, at least that's where the RB ran, Howard hit his man, I assume, on the inside shoulder and blocked him right into the run lane. Tbere's no way he could have gotten to the outside shoulder. Something was just wrong or poorly designed. Didn't look who Deiter blocked, but he maybe could have gotten to Howard's man.

Watching that play was unbelievable.

Back